Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Watford

4 down after 54 mins. Not sure what the management changes are likely to do for them. They outplayed us though, fair play to them.
Given our respective fixtures though we need to be ahead of them by Christmas.

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Danny Rose is atrocious and looks a good stone or two overweight. 

We made him look good though 😂 

I said it once I’ll say it again, experts believe in 5 years time you’ll never be 2 metres away from an ex Watford manager 😁

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Hopefully this is one too many manager changes that doesn't actually work for them.

When you consider their fixtures...

Chelsea, Everton (a), Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City.

There is a good chance he will be in similar position to Farke after our first 6 games. 

11 hours ago, Monty13 said:

We made him look good though 😂 

No - no we didn't!  Rose spent the whole of that match waddling round the pitch basically assaulting our players. He's allowed to do this against us, but not against any other Premier League teams.

And since the Watford game we have fully integrated Normann and moved to 3 center backs... what's in the past is in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

And since the Watford game we have fully integrated Normann and moved to 3 center backs... what's in the past is in the past.

Im with you on this, Surfero. Since we have tightened up a bit at the back , im looking forward to seeing how we progress in our attacking play. PLM looking more settled and adventurous is his role as well.

• Haha 1

Watford looked terrible yesterday. But I assume this coincided with Ranieri changing the system despite only a few days with most of his players, as the vast number of Watford's key players had been on international duty. Surely he should have just kept it as it was until he had more time with his squad, right? Watford looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing; they looked a little confused; in all honesty, of course, it wasn't ideal as they were playing one of the best teams in Europe who are in great form. 

Admittedly other than yesterday, I have only watched Watford once this season at Carrow Road against us, and in truth they were better than us. 

I would put my neck out and say if they played like they did against Liverpool every week they wouldn't have accumulated 7 points from 8 games.

Edited by Alex

11 hours ago, Surfer said:

And to be fair we haven't stopped winning since 😉 .

I am only joking but in all seriousness, maybe we should win a game in the league this season before we start talking about how bad other teams are. Especially when we are on course to give Derby's all time  record a run for its money. 

Edited by Alex

6 hours ago, Alex said:

And to be fair we haven't stopped winning since 😉 .

I am only joking but in all seriousness, maybe we should win a game in the league this season before we start talking about how bad other teams are. Especially when we are on course to give Derby's all time  record a run for its money. 

I would be extremely confident that we will clock up more than 11 points. If you're looking for a prediction at this point, I would say 25-30 points.

14 hours ago, paddycanary said:

I would be extremely confident that we will clock up more than 11 points. If you're looking for a prediction at this point, I would say 25-30 points.

To be honest the Derby comment was a little bit tongue in cheek but in all seriousness even Derby's 2007-2008 squad had a win on the board at this stage of the season. Hopefully you are right Paddycanary. We do need to start winning soon though. 

Edited by Alex

9 hours ago, Alex said:

To be honest the Derby comment was a little bit tongue in cheek but in all seriousness even Derby's 2007-2008 squad had a win on the board at this stage of the season. Hopefully you are right Paddycanary. We do need to start winning soon though. 

Hopefully I'm wrong because 25-30 points isn't much better than the 21 we gathered last time. Hopefully we are currently witnessing the turnaround which is desperately needed. Being tough to break down is a great place to start from but like you say, we need to see movement in the goals for column and start nailing some three pointers. As things stand, it's difficult to pick out three worse teams. Lots of points still to play for obviously, but are there any games where we will be the bookies' favourite? 

9 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Hopefully I'm wrong because 25-30 points isn't much better than the 21 we gathered last time. Hopefully we are currently witnessing the turnaround which is desperately needed. Being tough to break down is a great place to start from but like you say, we need to see movement in the goals for column and start nailing some three pointers. As things stand, it's difficult to pick out three worse teams. Lots of points still to play for obviously, but are there any games where we will be the bookies' favourite? 

True,  not sure there will be many if any games where City will be favourites especially since the Watford defeat at home. 

I think todays results answer your question Ken. There is no chance we go to Everton and score 5 goals. 

Edited by Alex

I would say “why aren’t we Watford” but I’ve been to Watford and whether they are winning on the pitch or whatever we win overall

because it’s a dump 

On 16/10/2021 at 13:50, Fiery Zac said:

Say what you want about us, Watford (minus Sarr) are a championship team.

Just read a match report, they scored 4 without Sarr on the pitch today.