Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Steve Bruce

Is Saudi Arabia his nickname for the fridge?

Edited by Herman

I love in the North East and the anger they have towards Bruce is ridiculous. Working for Ashley was going to be tough. Bruce, being a geordie is proud to manage Newcastle. He knows its only a matter of time before he gets the chop. A decent fella and I hope the Newcastle fans give him the salute he deserves tomorrow on his 1000th and probably last game in charge of the club. They won't though as now Ashley has gone Bruce will be the scapegoat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I was working up in Newcastle when Ashley took over, they were just as ecstatic about him then as they are about the current take over.

This also reminds me of fiver-waving Binners🤣

I thought the media were pathetic. Shocked that he was in charge this weekend. Why not? Whether they want him or not, the new owners haven't replaced him yet so of course he has to be in charge.

It's could to be toxic up there until January, huge fan expectations, a manager who knows he's going and half a team that also know their number will be up in the next transfer window.

Nothing's going to change any time soon. Maybe in 5 or so years they might go on to be a top club but they need a total rebuild from the foundations up and it could take a relegation before they move forward again. 

They have a whole squad built to do just one thing, keep it tight and give it to Saint-Maximin, they are incapable of playing any other way. They would basically need a whole new team to play any other way (similar to us to be fair but on the other extreme end of the spectrum) the whole backroom team are Bruce's staff as well and the infrastructure isn't great after having been let to rot for so long. If they sign a whole new team in the summer and get it wrong then it could be a lot more pain before things really improve for them.

For us it might not be the worst thing if they sacked Bruce. If they sack him they will just need another pragmatic coach to get the best out of the team or they risk going down this year. If they kick him out next week and bring in someone who wants to try to play football it will go horribly wrong pretty quickly with that team.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann