Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Richard Bacon MP

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Guess what! I didn't vote for him in any of the elections he won. How is it my fault?

But the key is here you handed over your vote. They asked you for your vote in return for a service as your public servant. 

You agreed to the contract when you handed over your vote.  The contract does not say they have to reply to any of your questions. You have been tricked. You can't remove him from office as he holds the keys with your vote.  Note. Regardless of who you voted for its the same. 

It's a rabbit hole of tricks and back handers... When the truth of this system finally rises up and we all see what has been happening right under our noses, the sooner we can get to living forward only seeking positive things... 

11 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

But the key is here you handed over your vote. They asked you for your vote in return for a service as your public servant. 

You agreed to the contract when you handed over your vote.  The contract does not say they have to reply to any of your questions. You have been tricked. You can't remove him from office as he holds the keys with your vote.  Note. Regardless of who you voted for its the same. 

It's a rabbit hole of tricks and back handers... When the truth of this system finally rises up and we all see what has been happening right under our noses, the sooner we can get to living forward only seeking positive things... 

I'm afraid this is just specious nonsense. But do feel free to explain how you not voting for anyone at all provides a solution to the issues I have raised here.

58 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Not voting means you are voting for the ruling party. Despite having the right to remain and living here longer than in my country of birth, I have no right to vote at all.

Can you not apply for citizenship?

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

I'm afraid this is just specious nonsense. But do feel free to explain how you not voting for anyone at all provides a solution to the issues I have raised here.

Ok. How about we agree on the problem and both offer up a solution to said problem? 

29 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Ok. How about we agree on the problem and both offer up a solution to said problem? 

The problem is this particular MP (and no doubt some others) fails to perform the duties one can reasonably expect an MP to fulfil. Plenty of other MPs do indeed fulfil their duties, so the problem is not with the system per se but the accountability of particular individuals such as Bacon. 

The solution is inevitably complex but ultimately rests upon his constituents being made aware of his egregious failure to represent them adequately, then developing the will to vote him out. One thing for certain is that a refusal to vote at all ensures that MPs like Bacon retain their postion of power.

On 28/10/2021 at 10:15, Rock The Boat said:

yes, I could at great expense, but I 'm not going to swear an oath on people who have no say, do not want to have a say, or play by the same rules we have to play to. Hence.......I'm freee... there's a song for that.....

https://youtu.be/Ux1vBolJf5Q

At last! The EDP finally writes a story about the contemptible laziness and incompetence of Fatty Bacon:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/south-norfolk-mp-criticised-after-email-blunder-8478440

Email blunder triggers claims MP 'failing to represent constituents'

A Norfolk MP's office has blundered by sharing the personal email addresses of more than 80 constituents who had contacted him.

And the error - likely to be probed by a watchdog - has sparked complaints South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon is not engaging with his constituents properly.

After some of those who received the emails contacted the other email addresses, they said a common theme which emerged was anger and frustration over Mr Bacon's failure to respond to constituents.

Among them was James Utting, a former Conservative Party branch chairman, who said he feels Mr Bacon is "failing in his duty to represent constituents".

Mr Utting, who lives in Hethersett, said: "I recently wrote a letter with legitimate concerns over a planning system which allows an additional 200 houses in my village on top of the 1,396 for which planning permission had already been granted.

"I received no reply and no acknowledgment. Last week I emailed him - along with every other regional MP - expressing my disquiet over the Owen Paterson affair. I received a detailed, apologetic, personal reply from Duncan Baker and Jerome Mayhew, who are not my MPs.

"I am a former Conservative Party branch chairman - when John MacGregor was MP for South Norfolk - and I am seriously concerned that Mr Bacon is failing in his duty to represent his constituents."

Another who received the email was Dr Stephen Willoughby, from Diss, who said: "I have emailed Mr Bacon on several occasions in recent years, for example over the infamous Barnard Castle debacle, and his decision to vote as whipped with regard to the Paterson affair.

"I have never ever received the courtesy of a reply from Mr Bacon."

And Dr Caitlin Wallis, of Shotesham, said: "I am one of the 80 legitimate constituents to have written many times to our MP Richard Bacon and heard absolutely nothing from him, until being copied into a holding email."

@horseflythis is being discussed on the Mulbarton Facebook group. I doubt he'll stand at the next election but if they are stupid enough to let him there will be a backlash (but almost certainly not enough to beat him). I'm praying that he is selected. It would be fun for a change😂

On a similar theme my local Conservative Councillor has caused outrage in Mulbarton today and probably put a huge hole in house prices. Which will upset his voters no end

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/councillor-nigel-legg-south-norfolk-feral-youths-affordable-8480706

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

@horseflythis is being discussed on the Mulbarton Facebook group. I doubt he'll stand at the next election but if they are stupid enough to let him there will be a backlash (but almost certainly not enough to beat him). I'm praying that he is selected. It would be fun for a change😂

On a similar theme my local Conservative Councillor has caused outrage in Mulbarton today and probably put a huge hole in house prices. Which will upset his voters no end

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/councillor-nigel-legg-south-norfolk-feral-youths-affordable-8480706

Cheers! Glad to see that people are beginning to call this lazy, incompetent rat out for what he is. As for Counsellor Legg, well he doesn't have a leg to stand on (sorry!). What an odious creep. Norfolk has an awful lot of families that have lived here for many generations, but now find their younger members priced out of home ownership. Affordable housing is essential. Vote the **** out when you get the chance.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RobJames said:

He has now been shamed in the EDP and on the BBC with many constituents recording exactly the same complaints about ignored emails over many years. Yet the slimy lazy swine still has the gall to lie that, "Mr Bacon said he received a large number of emails and replies to each one individually." In many years I have not had one response. A typical Tory Sleazebag!

Turned on the BBC News this morning to be greeted by the vomit-inducing sight of Richard Bacon defending Boris Johnson by claiming that he had made a "gracious apology". He remains invisible in South Norfolk, but is happy to appear on national tv to defend the indefensible. It shows how bad things have got for Johnson if he is having to stoop so low for someone to publicly support him. Anyway, it annoyed me enough to send the following email, copied to the BBC, EDP, and South Norfolk Conservative Party:

I perhaps should not be surprised that, despite your recent shaming in the newspapers, on radio, and on TV for failing to represent your constituents, you continue to let down the people of South Norfolk. The utterly revolting sight of you on national TV defending the most corrupt and unethical PM in our history by describing his "apology" as "gracious" will be the final straw for many. Your vomit inducing sycophancy is not shared by those officials much closer to him like Munira Mirza who has resigned in disgust at his appallingly egregious behaviour. You should be ashamed that the people of South Norfolk endured the heartbreak of obeying lockdown regulations while your PM allowed and attended rule breaking lockdown parties. Instead you insult your constituents by defending Johnson's despicable behaviour. 

I have written to you countless times asking for an explanation for why your single-page website has displayed the following message for over 2 years:

Please note that my full website is currently undergoing reconstruction.

Despite claiming £80,000 in MP's expenses last year you have clearly made no effort at all to provide your constituents with access to a functioning website. During the whole of the Covid crisis South Norfolk has been denied access to crucial government information by the very person who is supposed to be representing their interests in government. Perhaps you might for once consider replying to my email and provide an explanation for why you have failed to repair your website for over 2 years.
If you had a single ethical bone in your body you would resign for your now publicly acknowledged failures as an MP. The people of South Norfolk deserve someone who would at least show the inclination to represent their needs and concerns rather than someone who treats the seat as a sinecure to be exploited for pure self-interest.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 28/10/2021 at 10:15, Rock The Boat said:

why should that be necessary? I am not swearing an oath on a rotten monarchy, why should nationality matter if people can live peacefully in each others country, pay taxes, have families and children who pay taxes and have been born here as UK Citizens?

Is it those opulent sums they demand for a piece of paper? Thanks for asking but I'm ok at present, but many children and families are not.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2021 at 13:07, horsefly said:

The solution is inevitably complex but ultimately rests upon his constituents being made aware of his egregious failure to represent them adequately, then developing the will to vote him out. One thing for certain is that a refusal to vote at all ensures that MPs like Bacon retain their postion of power.

Seems to me that MPs who have been elected for a term of office do require some protection from disgruntled constituents - there may be times when it is in the national interest or even a matter conscience where an MP acts/votes in a way that upsets his constituents.

But although we now recall elections, the conditions for these elections to be called are so restrictive as to render them almost entirely ineffective and certainly go nowhere near situations like Richard Bacon where he simply doesn't do the job he was elected to do and is paid to do.

Whilst it certainly wouldn't be a panacea, I think there is definitely a case for widening the criteria for enabling a recall election which would at least put a bit of pressure on some of the most useless/corrupt MPs.

Good news! Fatty Bacon has updated his website. Bad news, it contains less information than it did in its previous paltry one-page incarnation. Although thankfully it does still contain the (over) two-year-long message, "Please note that my full website is now under reconstruction and will be launched soon.

Web capture_6-4-2022_8408_www.richardbacon.org.uk.jpeg

• Haha 1

So it's not just dreadful old lefties like me who have noticed that Richard Bacon is an utterly useless fraud:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/richard-bacon-criticised-by-conservative-chairman-hudson-8968326

Norfolk MP and former Conservative chair in 'useless' allegation row

A former Conservative association chairman has quit his party with an extraordinary attack on his local MP.

Clayton Hudson, a south Norfolk councillor, who resigned from the Conservative Party earlier this week, has criticised Richard Bacon, the South Norfolk MP, branding him "useless" and promising to campaign against him being re-elected.

In his letter resigning as a Conservative, Mr Clayton said: "I have concluded I don't want to be a member of the nasty and dishonest party that the Conservatives have become. "I don't want to be in a party with Boris Johnson, Nadine Dorries, Jacob Rees-Mogg, and Richard Bacon, my own MP.

"To that end, I want to become active locally in ending this disgraceful government and our useless MP."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

So it's not just dreadful old lefties like me who have noticed that Richard Bacon is an utterly useless fraud:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/richard-bacon-criticised-by-conservative-chairman-hudson-8968326

Norfolk MP and former Conservative chair in 'useless' allegation row

A former Conservative association chairman has quit his party with an extraordinary attack on his local MP.

Clayton Hudson, a south Norfolk councillor, who resigned from the Conservative Party earlier this week, has criticised Richard Bacon, the South Norfolk MP, branding him "useless" and promising to campaign against him being re-elected.

In his letter resigning as a Conservative, Mr Clayton said: "I have concluded I don't want to be a member of the nasty and dishonest party that the Conservatives have become. "I don't want to be in a party with Boris Johnson, Nadine Dorries, Jacob Rees-Mogg, and Richard Bacon, my own MP.

"To that end, I want to become active locally in ending this disgraceful government and our useless MP."

Good news, and does makes you wonder whether there are maybe still a few Tories who are not complete scumbags, although unfortunately 'few' is probably the operative word there and they only seem to exist at the local level rather than in the Tory party at Westminster.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2021 at 11:13, horsefly said:

Sadly Richard Bacon knows that South Norfolk is an effective sinecure. For the last two years his single-page website has displayed the following message:

Please note that my full website is currently undergoing reconstruction.

So, during a period when communication with his constituents has been absolutely vital he has not made the slightest effort to repair his website and provide crucial information about Covid etc. Just how hard is it to repair a website? Checking randomly on other MP's websites one finds them filled with multiple pages of info and links.

Worse still, he has not replied to a single email I have sent to him, nor to those of anyone that I know (including an ex-fire chief). Yet he claims full administration expenses and just about every expense going. In any other context the man would be sacked for a complete dereliction of duty. 

I would be interested to hear of anyone else's experience of this remarkably lazy politician.

I applied for a job in his constituency office a long time ago. I didn't get it. Sounds like whoever did get it isn't very good (assuming they haven't changed in the last 20 years). lol. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Herman said:

Found him and....oh, what a coq...

What I find really surprising is the number of Conservatives who don't seem to understand why this is more of a problem for the prime minister to act this way than literally anyone else.

Breaking rules is one thing, literally 100s of thousands will have done that. However making rules for others, creating an enforcement system and then breaking it yourself is far far worse.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 1902 said:

What I find really surprising is the number of Conservatives who don't seem to understand why this is more of a problem for the prime minister to act this way than literally anyone else.

Breaking rules is one thing, literally 100s of thousands will have done that. However making rules for others, creating an enforcement system and then breaking it yourself is far far worse.

Bacon and Bone, (catchy name), who has produced the most laughable excuses yet, should become a double act.

Does Bacon have a decent majority or one in trouble with an 8% swing?

12 hours ago, Herman said:

Found him and....oh, what a coq...

Proof, at least, that he is still alive, and still a *****er of extraordinary proportions. So, he has no evidence of any NHS workers organising parties but is sure they must have happened, and wants to drag the NHS down into the same sewer as No.10. The man is a shameless cnut! Time for me to send another email to which he will not respond.

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bacon and Bone, (catchy name), who has produced the most laughable excuses yet, should become a double act.

Does Bacon have a decent majority or one in trouble with an 8% swing?

20,000 majority. Pig (pun intended) in a blue rosette territory.

Edited by 1902

11 minutes ago, 1902 said:

20,000 majority. Pig (pun intended) in a blue rosette territory.

No 206 on Labour's target list and no 149 on the LibDems.

Even in 1997 the Cons had a majority over 7000

Sent my email and copied in BBC Look East, and the EDP:

"You should be utterly ashamed of your completely baseless slur against NHS staff in your interview on BBC Look East. To attempt to distract from the disgraceful behaviour of your lawbreaking leader by attacking those who went beyond the call of duty in protecting the public form Covid is beyond despicable.

My own partner worked on the NHS frontline from day one of Covid, working hours way beyond those for which she was paid. Not once did she or any of her colleagues consume alcohol, or breach social distancing legislation. She also lost a 50-year-old brother very early on to Covid thanks to the tardy actions of your government in delaying Covid restrictions. That loss only encouraged her to work even harder in order to prevent others experiencing such desperate grief. Your claims that people like her must also have been in breach of Covid regulations in the same way that the PM licensed No.10 is a grievous insult for which I demand an apology on her behalf. Of course, given your record of failing to respond to a single email I have sent to you, I expect you to ignore my message in your usual pusillanimous fashion. "
Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Proof, at least, that he is still alive, and still a *****er of extraordinary proportions. So, he has no evidence of any NHS workers organising parties but is sure they must have happened, and wants to drag the NHS down into the same sewer as No.10. The man is a shameless cnut! Time for me to send another email to which he will not respond.

He's taking whataboutery to its very lowest level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

He's taking whataboutery to its very lowest level. 

Indeed! He has literally implied, "What about all those NHS workers that have been having parties that I have no evidence ever happened?" What sort of despicable sh*it insults incredibly dedicated workers who day in day out risked and actually gave their lives, in order to save people infected with Covid. Insults and lies to defend a bunch of depraved lawbreakers led by Johnson at No.10. I know when my partner and her colleagues finished an extended shift they wouldn't have even had the energy to pop one of the corks on the champagne bottles that populated the desks of No.10 offices.

• Like 2