Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Richard Bacon MP

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

And there’s a world of difference between expressing anger time and time again just for the sake of it in an arguably vexatious manner, and asking a considered and courteous question.  Given that he probably receives far more communications than he can possibly respond to, he’s far more likely to reply to relevant and polite emails than those that are antagonistic and are sent simply to clog up his inbox.

hahahahaha!!! You don't know him very well do you!  And you ignore the fact he has a duty to represent ALL constituents, not just those who want to stroke his ego like you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

hahahahaha!!! You don't know him very well do you!  And you ignore the fact he has a duty to represent ALL constituents, not just those who want to stroke his ego like you.

No, I don’t know him, and you’re right in that he has a duty to represent all of his constituents, but that doesn’t mean replying to every single email he receives, particularly if they’re written in anything like the tone you often seem to use in your comments on here.

Edited by Naturalcynic

57 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

No, I don’t know him, and you’re right in that he has a duty to represent all of his constituents, but that doesn’t mean replying to every single email he receives, particularly if they’re written in anything like the tone you often seem to use in your comments on here.

I suggest you read all those BBC and EDP articles, and the many comments written by constituents making exactly the same point as me about his appalling performance in representing South Norfolk. And yes, he does have a duty to reply to every email insofar as they pose genuine questions and do not contain threats or mere abuse. It would be a good start if he replied to some of them. The man claims the full expenses available to staff his office (£121,975.00 in the year 20-21),  and is one of those MPs who makes very generous use of personal expenses. There is absolutely no excuse for his well recorded abysmal performance in responding to his constituents. 

For someone who has awarded himself the title "Naturalcynic" you do seem perversely determined to avoid any accusation of lending that title any content with the conventional and banal right-wing opinions you post.

Try this to get started with a little actual research. It might help you make an informed comment: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-59309602

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 2

Had a quick look around. Found these. From a different part of the country, I can understand pandemic-related matters for not being physically present, but that makes me think he should have more time to answer emails:

Email blunder triggers claims MP 'failing to represent constituents' | Diss Mercury

Norfolk MP hits back after voters accuse him of going 'missing' | Eastern Daily Press (edp24.co.uk)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

As the saying goes, haters gonna hate.

Hahahahaha! Another of your profound and insightful contributions.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just announced that Bacon is standing at the next General Election. The Conservative Party has well and truly gone nuts😂

Like most of his constituents I didn't realise he was still alive.

I thought he had followed his very own pigs to the slaughter, standing again, claiming more full whack for himself and his office, which has been 'out of office' since he got elected. No good wasting heating in an empty office. He is doing his best to ensure that this shi..y voting system is made redundant.

• Like 1

Despite the fact South Norfolk constituents have seen no evidence at all that Fatty Bacon has been active in the constituency for months (indeed years), I thought I would send the following Email in the light of revelations from the Westminster Accounts:

"To: Richard Bacon MP

I note that Sky News' Westminster Accounts show you received a £5000 donation from Phillip Jeans Homes Ltd (a building company based in Loddon). You recently produced a report (at the request of Boris Johnson) in which you called for the release of more land for the building of "self commissioned homes". Would you please explain to me and your constituents how this does not represent a conflict of interests."

Of course I accept that there is a nil chance of receiving a reply. It would be unfair to expect the man to break a lifetime habit.
  • Like 1

You couldn't make it up! Fatty Bacon has been anonymous for months but manages to surface in order to defend the disgraceful tax avoider Nadhim Zahawi: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23281952.mp-richard-bacon-defends-nadim-zahawi-amid-tax-scandal-investigations/

Apparently we should all be grateful that Zahawi has made millions in his business dealings in this country and it's really none of our business that HMRC fined him for his culpable negligence in failing to pay the tax he was legally obliged to pay. After all, what business of voters is it to question the propriety of the Chancellor of the Exchequer being fined for a breach of tax regulations while at the same time being the man ultimately responsible for the imposition of tax regulations on every citizen in the country. And if he wants to spend some of those millions of unpaid tax threatening to financially ruin journalists and investigators if they dared reveal his tax avoidance, that is surely the right of every rich politician to prevent the electorate knowing the truth about their disreputable  behaviour.

No doubt Fatty Bacon would much rather we turned our ire on innocent nurses like he did when seeking to defend Johnson's breach of the law during lockdown: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61587994. Perhaps he'll need to find some other innocent group about which to make up stories in order to deflect from the noble Zahawi's corrupt indiscretions.

I think we can safely say that there is no barrel so deep that this excrescence of an MP can't manage to scrape the bottom of it. 

Seems all those unanswered emails that I and others sent to Bacon and the South Norfolk Conservative Constituency Party haven't been in vain after all:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23384420.norfolk-mp-richard-bacon-faces-fight-political-future/

A good indication of two key things: First, that things are so bad generally for the Tory Party at the moment, that they don't feel confident of retaining a seat which saw them get a majority of 21,275. Second, that Bacon's performance as an MP has been so egregious that they don't feel confident he personally can hold a majority of 21,275.

Bacon has treated South Norfolk as a sinecure from the moment he placed his overfed rear end into the seat. For him the 20,000+ majority was a licence for laziness, not a spur for action to further the causes the people of South Norfolk needed to be addressed. The fact that he sat idle during the entirety of the Covid crisis, without a single page on his dysfunctional website displaying government advice (or links) for his frightened and desperate constituents, summed up for me the total disregard he has had for the people he has had a duty to serve. Defenestration at the hands of his own constituency party will bring an ignominious end to an ignominious political career.

On 15/03/2023 at 08:47, dylanisabaddog said:

@horseflyI don't know whether to laugh or cry. It would have been lovely to beat him but on the other hand it's possible he may have scraped in. 

I'm with you on that. But just take joy in thinking what it must have felt like to have your own constituency party members tell you to pi*ss off because you're a lazy useless bastar*d.

• Haha 1

On 28/01/2023 at 22:12, horsefly said:

You couldn't make it up! Fatty Bacon has been anonymous for months but manages to surface in order to defend the disgraceful tax avoider Nadhim Zahawi: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23281952.mp-richard-bacon-defends-nadim-zahawi-amid-tax-scandal-investigations/

Apparently we should all be grateful that Zahawi has made millions in his business dealings in this country and it's really none of our business that HMRC fined him for his culpable negligence in failing to pay the tax he was legally obliged to pay. After all, what business of voters is it to question the propriety of the Chancellor of the Exchequer being fined for a breach of tax regulations while at the same time being the man ultimately responsible for the imposition of tax regulations on every citizen in the country. And if he wants to spend some of those millions of unpaid tax threatening to financially ruin journalists and investigators if they dared reveal his tax avoidance, that is surely the right of every rich politician to prevent the electorate knowing the truth about their disreputable  behaviour.

No doubt Fatty Bacon would much rather we turned our ire on innocent nurses like he did when seeking to defend Johnson's breach of the law during lockdown: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61587994. Perhaps he'll need to find some other innocent group about which to make up stories in order to deflect from the noble Zahawi's corrupt indiscretions.

I think we can safely say that there is no barrel so deep that this excrescence of an MP can't manage to scrape the bottom of it. 

Excellent post. Totally agree. We may appear to be on 'opposite' sides politically on the relatively few occasions I enter these discussions but I have no allegiance whatsoever to the Tories. In fact Peter Hitchens oft used description of them is very accurate!

Bacon's history of 'going missing' is well known. In fact it must have taken something very significant in terms of displeasure for the local constituency to consider dispensing with him. My son came up with a superb strapline for a billboard come the election.........

'This Bacon is past it's sell by date'  Simple maybe but I'm sure many 'professional' marketing organizations would  charge considerable fees for producing something much blander! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bacon announced a few weeks ago that he is standing down at the next election 

I wonder if there are any tory ex-MPs around who fancy defending a 20,000+ majority. It would suit someone who can't deal with the thought of losing.

🤗

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
Unnecessary comma removed
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I wonder if there are any tory ex-MPs, around who fancy defending a 20,000+ majority. It would suit someone who can't deal with the thought of losing.

🤗

I'll move back to Mulbarton just to vote against him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I wonder if there are any tory ex-MPs around who fancy defending a 20,000+ majority. It would suit someone who can't deal with the thought of losing.

🤗

To be more precise, his local Conservative Party association told him that he wouldn't be reselected as their candidate. 

• Thanks 2

Anyone seen sight of Fatty Bacon lately? I note he has not made a single contribution in parliament in 2024, so I can only assume he must be earning his taxpayer funded dollars working extra hard in the constituency. For some reason I just can't find any evidence. 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Anyone seen sight of Fatty Bacon lately? I note he has not made a single contribution in parliament in 2024, so I can only assume he must be earning his taxpayer funded dollars working extra hard in the constituency. For some reason I just can't find any evidence. 

Maybe hanging about with Diabetic (and Fatty as well seeing as she's fat) Abbott?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie