Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell ready for Brighton

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Like how McLean has. No ability but plays every game.

Exactly (except the no ability bit). Has earned the right to play. Was solid in midfield to today and got forward well at times too.

21 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Exactly (except the no ability bit). Has earned the right to play. Was solid in midfield to today and got forward well at times too.

Do you think? Caught out of position so often and very nearly cost us a goal (again) today. And I can't recall any major contributions up the pitch either.

I'd love to know what he does in training to have earned this right he has.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I fully agree. Based on his season so far, I don’t think Todd being in there would have made any difference. 

Isn't that being negative when you're criticising others for being negative? 

I wouldn't judge any player on our first 3 games this season and expect them to give the same performance. Especially as in those 3 games Todd made more tackles than anyone in the Premiership, strange that from a player that's "pretty awful" and "not committed" 

We know what he can do and he has very much earned his place in the team. If we just wanted players to run around and never give up we could field a team of youth players, not someone who cost 10 million quid and produces nothing. 

I do agree that the system we play doesn't suit Cantwell but it also doesn't produce goals. 

Surprised Cantwell not even fit enough to play 10 minutes if required, so perhaps there was a late injury, or more personal issues.

If we want to dream aboute staying up then Cantwell have to be inn the team.

He and Max is the 2 best players in the team in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, curious yellow said:

Isn't that being negative when you're criticising others for being negative? 

I wouldn't judge any player on our first 3 games this season and expect them to give the same performance. Especially as in those 3 games Todd made more tackles than anyone in the Premiership, strange that from a player that's "pretty awful" and "not committed" 

We know what he can do and he has very much earned his place in the team. If we just wanted players to run around and never give up we could field a team of youth players, not someone who cost 10 million quid and produces nothing. 

I do agree that the system we play doesn't suit Cantwell but it also doesn't produce goals. 

I criticised negativity about today’s performance, not negativity in general. That would be insane.

Its a fair point about the first few games of the season and I believe Todd will have a part to play this season (if he can get fit and sort any issues he may have out to show a bit more commitment on the pitch), but at the moment I’m not sure how he fits into this system 

Saw Cantwell at the rear of the Barclay at the end of the game. He was parked in a 21 plate Bentley (I think it was) and was trying to get through where the coaches were parked but the Police wouldn't let him through. Had a face like thunder..... Could be something to do with one fan shouting ''you're 3 f***ing hours late Todd''. Made me chuckle. 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

There is something strange going on with Cantwell at a time when we could really do with him. I don’t believe we are being told the true story behind this month long absence. 

14 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Saw Cantwell at the rear of the Barclay at the end of the game. He was parked in a 21 plate Bentley (I think it was) and was trying to get through where the coaches were parked but the Police wouldn't let him through. Had a face like thunder..... Could be something to do with one fan shouting ''you're 3 f***ing hours late Todd''. Made me chuckle. 

I had a pre match walk in the sunshine around the ground, I saw said Bentley parked in in the small car park on the corner of Kerrison Rd, I assume it is the same vehicle, it has a personalised plate and I did wonder who it belonged to, would never have guessed Todd from the plate........

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I had a pre match walk in the sunshine around the ground, I saw said Bentley parked in in the small car park on the corner of Kerrison Rd, I assume it is the same vehicle, it has a personalised plate and I did wonder who it belonged to, would never have guessed Todd from the plate........

Pretty sure he had Black Mercedes AMG but he might of changed it as fooballers do ,

i Know nothing about Todds Personal Problems 

but i go back to my Man telling me one of the Youngsters a fee and everything had been agreed to sell him ,

Now at the time i thought it was Max then Grealish was sold and Aston villa was in the news about Todd 

did a deal fall through ? could we not find a Replacement so Todd could not move ?

i might be putting 3+3  and getting 10 If it is Personal then i hope he is getting all the help he needs 

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

There is something strange going on with Cantwell at a time when we could really do with him. I don’t believe we are being told the true story behind this month long absence. 

At the Friday press conference Farke stated he was fit for the Brighton game and 24 hours later cannot make it into a 20 man squad,

Then after the game he said Dowel had had a better week in training thus he made the bench.

That being said I still think all of this recent stuff is going to be Todd and his agent kicking up fuss about contracts/moves.

Edited by KeiranShikari

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Pretty sure he had Black Mercedes AMG but he might of changed it as fooballers do ,

i Know nothing about Todds Personal Problems 

but i go back to my Man telling me one of the Youngsters a fee and everything had been agreed to sell him ,

Now at the time i thought it was Max then Grealish was sold and Aston villa was in the news about Todd 

did a deal fall through ? could we not find a Replacement so Todd could not move ?

i might be putting 3+3  and getting 10 If it is Personal then i hope he is getting all the help he needs 

You mention this constantly and I have to say at this point what you were told was clearly utter ****. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

At the Friday press conference Farke stated he was fit for the Brighton game and 24 hours later cannot make it into a 20 man squad,

His body might be fit but his head obviously isn't.

Should have got rid in the summer because he isn't playing, he isn't as good as everyone (including him) thinks he is and his value will be droping like a stone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

His body might be fit but his head obviously isn't.

Should have got rid in the summer because he isn't playing, he isn't as good as everyone (including him) thinks he is and his value will be droping like a stone.

No one wanted him at the price we were asking.

The club has the option to extend his contract next June, but whether Todd wants that is really not clear either way. 

We could be looking at worst case scenario and he leaves on a free.

No idea what his problems were these last few weeks, but after weeks out of the run of things, he was unlikely to walk into the matchday squad ahead of others.  People seem to think that certain players are special, but most of our players are worth £10m plus and with Tzolis/Rashica/Dowell/Sargent competing with him for attacking midfield roles, he has tough competition to fight his way back in.

I think we have missed his ability to link play - and our pass completion rate was not great yesterday, something that he is mostly good at.  Would like to see him back - but only if he is totally switched on and focussed.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

You mention this constantly and I have to say at this point what you were told was clearly utter ****. 

Sorry i only tell people what i am told and he is right 95 % of time

i do not mind admitting if i am Wrong and it is Fact we did not sell one off the Gems 

just wondered if that effected some players ? ( if true of course )

Edited by norfolkngood

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If I was Todd I would be pished off being the fall guy so much when the rest of the world can see what a talent he is.

He is a PL performer as he has Proven in the Past we need him in the Side 

Todd was sitting a few seats from me in the upper part of the South Stand yesterday, he sat through the whole game very quietly and didn’t acknowledge anyone in the crowd , looked pretty bored and left 5 minutes before the end. I get the feeling his head and heart might not be where Farke wants it to be at the moment.