Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England V Hungary

Decent game this, Southgate needs to grow a pair though and get Kane off. He's literally contributing nothing. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And off goes Kane, looking like he would rather be anywhere else

Doesn't he always nowadays.

36 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

I cannot believe the police waded in with batons to start with. What were they thinking ? I wonder when the police last used batons on fans inside or outside a stadium. 

To be fair, Police are saying a man was arrested for a racially aggravated offense towards a steward. One arrest made. 

Sounds like they went in with enough force to do the job but no more, nicked the guy they believe is responsible and left. That would go down as good policing in my book.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

England players abused by Hungary fans for taking the knee.

Time they were thrown out. Quite a horrible nation.

Goulash is overrated too. 

Boring boring Southgate. Taking Grealish off and leaving Mount on was inexplicably stupid. Up there with Graeme Souness being fooled by Ali Dia in the league of idiotic decisions by football coaches.

With the talent at his disposal, it takes effort to make them that boring a team.

How Mount managed to stay on the full 90 mins was some achievement.

Southgate should have just conceded that the midfield experiment wasnt working at half time and brought Henderson on for Mount.

It would have gained some control in midfield and freed up more space in a congested area where all the attacking players where trying to operate in the same spaces.

...and why wasnt Bellingham in this squad??

Kept dipping in to watching the match in the hope of seeing something worth watching, but every time it looked to me as if England play walking football.  A lot of the time it looks as if the only man trying to do anything is the man on the ball, while the rest just wander around flat footed, just occasionally coming to life. 

10 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

You **** need to attend a Serbia or Estonia game… I doubt a woman was within a mile of the stadium’s unless she was selling Ice Cream 😉

Estonia really!!! Are you sure you’ve got that right??

Southgate is such a boring manager. Up there with Hughton in how to completely kill a game as a spectacle, but much worse because of what could be possible with the talent he has available. I much prefer watching Scotland to be honest - lots more guts and passion if not quite the ability, plus the added benefit of at least two Norwich players on the pitch.

• Like 3

The game is in the hands of snowflakes and Southgate's attitude says it all.

A millionaire shepherding a bunch of other millionaires with nothing more on their minds other than enhancing their brand.

Edited by robert choice