Thirsty Lizard

His Name is Rio and

32 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

he has an annoying habit of trying to get our best young players (who he just happens to represent) flogged off to other clubs.

He has an annoying habit of trying to accumulate more money. This is a byproduct of that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Has he been talking about Andrew O again? 

Not yet as far as I'm aware. He's going on about Max A at the moment. 

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

As long as they don't listen to him when he's advising them about drug testing!

Brilliant. Love that 

Credit where it’s due, he must’ve played a part in Getting Ole a United contract 😂

Edited by Dr Greenthumb

16 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

he has an annoying habit of trying to get our best young players (who he just happens to represent) flogged off to other clubs.

If he can get us 30m for max aarons then he can carry on doing what he's doing. Helped with Godfrey and the Murphys.

I find him annoying as I don't believe selling all our best players whilst we attempt to break through the glass ceiling, that is promotion / relegation, helps the club but if you believe in the current model I see no reason for you to get upset at all....imo

47 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I find him annoying as I don't believe selling all our best players whilst we attempt to break through the glass ceiling, that is promotion / relegation, helps the club but if you believe in the current model I see no reason for you to get upset at all....imo

Let's just analyse that complaint and refer to the three biggest sales involved.

Maddison ... transferred to a club one league higher at the time than us, who had recently actually won the Premier League title, had wealthy owners and offered him a massive wages increase.

Godfrey ... went to a hugely supported club who have a permanent Premier League status and pay more in wages.

Buendia ... seems to have set his heart on going to Aston Villa; whose status as a big club  cannot be denied, European Cup, massive infrastructure and support etc., who offered him maybe three times more in wages than City could. 

NCFC on the other hand have spent more time in the Championship, and lower, since the turn of the century than in the top league and accommodate under 30, 000 even when times are good. Our wages bill is therefore curtailed.

In sum: A team of very unhappy performers if denied improvement. 

That apart, our model is restrictive. Most settle for this, fearing the alternative. Perhaps with realism, perhaps with undue timidity.

Who knows? It's not a boring club to follow, even though we always have to know our place.

Your posting is just another way of saying that you would prefer a rich  investor, whatever the outcome, over our comfortable, somewhat unambitious but safe model.

I am not so sure.  Yet!

I happen to like our success with youth and reading about the Colney revolution, if little else at the moment with regards results in the world's toughest league.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Fair comment,  this is true. Rio Ferdinand though is a tool,  a Towie  wannabe and I bet he says  ' pacifically ' when he means ' specifically '. 

If he's representing Aarons, he's doing his job. The new owners at Newcastle will no doubt be listening out for interested parties, and Rio is just trying to put the name out there to get some interest. It doesn't mean Max will go there, he might have different aspirations but he doesn't owe us anything, he's been absolutely professional since his first match

Seems to be a conflict of interests here. He's using his platform as a pundit in order to drum up business for himself. Controversial.

5 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

Hi name is Rio and he avoids mandatory drug tests!

His name is Rio and he watches from the stand...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Let's just analyse that complaint and refer to the three biggest sales involved.

Maddison ... transferred to a club one league higher at the time than us, who had recently actually won the Premier League title, had wealthy owners and offered him a massive wages increase.

Godfrey ... went to a hugely supported club who have a permanent Premier League status and pay more in wages.

Buendia ... seems to have set his heart on going to Aston Villa; whose status as a big club  cannot be denied, European Cup, massive infrastructure and support etc., who offered him maybe three times more in wages than City could. 

NCFC on the other hand have spent more time in the Championship, and lower, since the turn of the century than in the top league and accommodate under 30, 000 even when times are good. Our wages bill is therefore curtailed.

In sum: A team of very unhappy performers if denied improvement. 

That apart, our model is restrictive. Most settle for this, fearing the alternative. Perhaps with realism, perhaps with undue timidity.

Who knows? It's not a boring club to follow, even though we always have to know our place.

Your posting is just another way of saying that you would prefer a rich  investor, whatever the outcome, over our comfortable, somewhat unambitious but safe model.

I am not so sure.  Yet!

I happen to like our success with youth and reading about the Colney revolution, if little else at the moment with regards results in the world's toughest league.

At no point EVER have I said that " I would prefer a rich  investor, whatever the outcome, over our comfortable, somewhat unambitious but safe model" 

I have said that whilst more investment might not guarantee success, a lack of it 100% guarantees failure. You are happy with the yo yo model and the glass ceiling that appears to have given us, I would like to see where the club could go with a sensible amount of player investment in the 1st team.. including wages etc.

Brentford have managed to keep their best player, now they are in the premiership and seem to have found an appropriate wage bill to attract our main summer defensive target.

I would like to see our youth policy married to a more sensible player budget to give Farke the best possible chance in the top flight. Selling a player that had 33 goals or assists was in my opinion stupid and regardless if he was happy or not, he was under contract and would have played at his best as he did when he was unhappy the season before. Plus way not paly him the going rate to keep him happy. We could not because we had zero cash flow.

Please don't make up quotes that I never ever said. Thank you.

PS I have in the past and apologised for it...

49 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

At no point EVER have I said that " I would prefer a rich  investor, whatever the outcome, over our comfortable, somewhat unambitious but safe model" 

I have said that whilst more investment might not guarantee success, a lack of it 100% guarantees failure. You are happy with the yo yo model and the glass ceiling that appears to have given us, I would like to see where the club could go with a sensible amount of player investment in the 1st team.. including wages etc.

Brentford have managed to keep their best player, now they are in the premiership and seem to have found an appropriate wage bill to attract our main summer defensive target.

I would like to see our youth policy married to a more sensible player budget to give Farke the best possible chance in the top flight. Selling a player that had 33 goals or assists was in my opinion stupid and regardless if he was happy or not, he was under contract and would have played at his best as he did when he was unhappy the season before. Plus way not paly him the going rate to keep him happy. We could not because we had zero cash flow.

Please don't make up quotes that I never ever said. Thank you.

PS I have in the past and apologised for it...

If you remember, he was dropped at the beginning of last season because he 'was lacking focus' as Farke put it. It has been widely reported since that the reason he put his toys back in the pram was because Webber promised him that he could move at the end of the season as long as we received an acceptable offer. 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If you remember, he was dropped at the beginning of last season because he 'was lacking focus' as Farke put it. It has been widely reported since that the reason he put his toys back in the pram was because Webber promised him that he could move at the end of the season as long as we received an acceptable offer. 

Harry Kane.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Both Watford & Brentford managed to keep their top talent at the club. Pity we do not seem capable of doing that.

Yeah,  you've  said, more than twice .  🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Harry Kane.

You mean the Harry Kane who is yet to score a League goal for Spurs this season?  Thanks for making my point for me! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yeah,  you've  said, more than twice .  🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

And will keep saying it as it's true. Thanks

18 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You mean the Harry Kane who is yet to score a League goal for Spurs this season?  Thanks for making my point for me! 

Season has finished has it?

On 14/10/2021 at 11:08, Kenny Foggo said:

Brentford, this years Sheffield United

13 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Brentford, this years Sheffield United

only time will tell.... Leeds could be this years Sheffield United.. if injuries to key players etc happen.. who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Season has finished has it?

Yet you're certain we  were wrong to sell our 'best' player, lets reserve all judgement eh?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yet you're certain we  were wrong to sell our 'best' player, lets reserve all judgement eh?

Name another promoted team that sold their talisman on getting to the Premier League.... I can't think on one. Wonder why that is.... 

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Name another promoted team that sold their talisman on getting to the Premier League.... I can't think on one. Wonder why that is.... 

Name  a prem team that has less financial  backing than we do.

Two can play your silly game.