Leej

Team for Saturday

5 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Why are so many picking Gilmour. He has looked too lightweight by far and every game he played we lost. 

Poor man's vrancic

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

FFS Henderson 

I didn't realised we had signed him, but I agree he should probably be included if we have.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Against Burnley we needed to counter a physical team who throw numerous crosses into the box. It was extremely sensible to play three centre backs.

Brighton do not play that way and are certainly not as physical. 

Why do most people seem to think we will have 532 again? I don't.

Brighton have played a version of it in almost every game this season - they call it 3421 or 3412 but 3 of Duffy, Burn, Webster and Dunk tend to feature at the back.

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Brighton have played a version of it in almost every game this season - they call it 3421 or 3412 but 3 of Duffy, Burn, Webster and Dunk tend to feature at the back.

Yes, at the back, but their attacking play is more controlled and they do not continually throw crosses into the box. I feel that if we play three centre backs against them we will have to sacrifice some attacking threat which we really cannot afford in this game.

Because of the size and quality of our squad this season Farke  will be able to adjust the formation to fit the need of the game. This is, in my opinion, not a game for us to be playing three centre backs. 

15 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hmmm....not so sure on this, if it was the case that there is a fall out over contracts, I think we would have heard something more open about it.   Yes, it could be that he has made it clear he isn't going to sign another contract and been told he won't be playing in that case, but I don't think it would have come to that.  They are calling it "personal reasons" and that should be taken at face value, until or unless we hear otherwise.  Looking forwards to seeing him back in the squad.

Absolutely, there's no doubt we have missed his unique ability to pick the passes that others can't. Losing Emi was bad enough, not being able to play Todd has been a double whammy. 

17 hours ago, 1902 said:

That was true of everyone until last week.

People are picking him because they think he has the potential to unlock other teams from the midfield and that with Normann, a box to box and a back 3 playing, the lightweight thing is not so relevant.

Play him in his right position, he needs to be further forward and we will get something out of him.

Krul
Kabak - Hanley - Gibson
Aarons - Normann - McLean - Giannoulis
Rashica - Pukki - Cantwell

Cantwell (If he's not having more personal issues) with a free role and Rashica (assuming he's not injured) pushed up alongside Pukki.

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Because we keep conceding goals..

Best form of attack is defence, all we are doing with 5 atb is invite pressure. The Burnley game was a massive indication of this. We need wins and we need one asap. Burnley was a great place to start as they have been terrible themselves, but no we managed a massive 2 shots on target the whole game because we played 5 atb and looked massively short going forwards. I am sorry I seem very negative at the moment but this season is a joke so far. Farke is the only one to blame, he has tinkered far to much and we have brought far to many players in, we needed two or three quality players, not a whole new 11 !

Edited by Jsim1986

22 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Nasty rumours that we won’t be seeing Normann for a while ? 

I really hope this isn't true.

Krul
Kabak  Hanley  Omobamidele
Aarons  Normann  Gilmour  Giannoulis
Tzolis  Pukki  Cantwell

Surprised with how little Omobamidele seems to be mentioned here - thought he defended better than Hanley against Arsenal and played really rather well in the championship last season imo. Rather him start than Gibson

Edited by TESCO
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TESCO said:

Surprised with how little Omobamidele seems to be mentioned here - thought he defended better than Hanley against Arsenal and played really rather well in the championship last season imo. Rather him start than Gibson

Both Hanley and Gibson have underperformed so far. I think Gibson gets in due to being a natural left footer on the left side covering for the full back. Hanley gets in because it would be squeaky bum with a couple of 20 year olds at centre back, but I agree on performance Omo has played better. He'd have to oust Kabak which I don't think will happen barring injury.

Even at his age, Omobamidele is a better player than Gibbo, Daniel needs to be brave.

Edited by Pugin
incomplete
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not heard that, but wouldn't surprise me. I don't think he would have pulled out of important matches for Norway for no good reason.

Don't think Cantwell will figure either.

18 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Club literally just posted two pictures of him training with the caption “fully focused on the weekend.” 

I wonder if they monitor this board as is the sort of thing you might do to quash these sort of nasty rumours 

Krul 

Aarons  kabak.   Omabomadele.  Gianoulis 

Normann.    Plm.  

Tzolis.       Gilmore/dowell.        Rashica 

Pukki/sargent

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Club literally just posted two pictures of him training with the caption “fully focused on the weekend.” 

I wonder if they monitor this board as is the sort of thing you might do to quash these sort of nasty rumours 

Good news. My source was a bloke I vaguely know  I met in the City whilst walking to Mini Tesco. He is a massive City fan and was absolutely convinced that the news he had been given was true ! It was pretty detailed too (I won’t bother with that bit) 
Phew . I hadn’t seen the pics . Thanks for that 👍

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard