• Like 3

Krul

Kabak Hanley Gibson 

Aarons                           Gianoulis 

Normann McClean

Gilmour

Pukki            Tzolis 

• Like 1

Lees-Melou, McClean, Rupp, Gilmore all different players with their own particular strengths but all much of a muchness when it comes to results.

Shuffling the pack makes little difference. Only Normann has really stood out, whilst the others have moments.

Let's hope something finally clicks against Brighton, and we arrive at a settled eleven.

I had thought it a good window.

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 hours ago, Leej said:

Krul

Kabak.         Hanley.    Gibson

Aarons                                         Giannoulis

Normann.    Gilmour   Lees Melou

Pukki.                Tzolis 

This would also be close to what would select. I'm not in the McLean disliking brigade, but I think PLM is a better player.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Lees-Melou, McClean, Rupp, Gilmore all different players with their own particular strengths but all much of a muchness when it comes to results.

Shuffling the pack makes little difference. Only Normann has really stood out, whilst the others have moments.

Let's hope something finally clicks against Brighton, and we arrive at a settled eleven.

I had thought it a good window.

I think it probably still was, we just had too far to jump. Not because we had worse players than those who came up with us, just a group I'll suited to playing as one of the worst teams in the Premiership.

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Why are so many picking Gilmour. He has looked too lightweight by far and every game he played we lost. 

That was true of everyone until last week.

People are picking him because they think he has the potential to unlock other teams from the midfield and that with Normann, a box to box and a back 3 playing, the lightweight thing is not so relevant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now for something a little different.

team.png

Ohh god, that midfield 2 looks vulnerable as anything. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

What's happening with Cantwell? He does still play for this club.

Pure speculation, but I'm beginning to wonder whether he has made it clear that he has no intention of signing another contract.

Against Burnley we needed to counter a physical team who throw numerous crosses into the box. It was extremely sensible to play three centre backs.

Brighton do not play that way and are certainly not as physical. 

Why do most people seem to think we will have 532 again? I don't.

45 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Pure speculation, but I'm beginning to wonder whether he has made it clear that he has no intention of signing another contract.

Same thing has crossed my mind, but either way it surely wouldn't lead to this situation? Cantwell would want to put himself in the shop window for teams to sign him so would want to be playing, and the club would want to be playing him to try and survive, whether he stays or not

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

This is what i'm worried about. As time drags on its looking more likely than Cantwell will be leaving for free. 

That's about 20 million (at least) lost if that happens. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

56 minutes ago, AJ said:
1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Same thing has crossed my mind, but either way it surely wouldn't lead to this situation? Cantwell would want to put himself in the shop window for teams to sign him so would want to be playing, and the club would want to be playing him to try and survive, whether he stays or not

Hmmm....not so sure on this, if it was the case that there is a fall out over contracts, I think we would have heard something more open about it.   Yes, it could be that he has made it clear he isn't going to sign another contract and been told he won't be playing in that case, but I don't think it would have come to that.  They are calling it "personal reasons" and that should be taken at face value, until or unless we hear otherwise.  Looking forwards to seeing him back in the squad.

20 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

This is what i'm worried about. As time drags on its looking more likely than Cantwell will be leaving for free. 

That's about 20 million (at least) lost if that happens. 

I'm pretty certain that the club has an option for another year and if so, that isn't going to happen.

12 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

I'm pretty certain that the club has an option for another year and if so, that isn't going to happen.

Yeah but is the club going to make him stay and pay his salary for another year if he's unwilling to play for the club?

Edited by Chelm Canary

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Cantwell has trained all week, and was training in the days leading up to Burnley so could have been available at a pinch. He will be available to play on Saturday if needed, subject to circumstances beyond his control.

Sorry, but I find the speculation a bit nauseating. There are on occasions some things more important than football.

On Cantwell, nothing about it sounds like a football related issue to me. Nothing really in the press regarding a fall out and the club wouldn't cover for him if it was. It's not the way Norwich operate and it's not the way agents operate either.

Tbh, I'd prefer if it was a football issue as whatever it is must not be great for the young man.

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

This is pure speculation about him being unwilling to play for the club. 

Not at all. It might well be that Farke is prioritsing some of the new players (Rashica and Tzolis) given that they are likely to be with us for the longer term. It's not a criticism of Cantwell or a suggestion that he is giving less than 100% in training.

So what if anything can we learn from tonight's Internationals?

Scotland: Hanley is back, Gilmour is retained in midfield, but McLean still only makes the bench.  Clarke has a different view from Farke then?  

For Ireland, Omobamidele starts but Idah on the bench.  Does this knock Idah's confidence completely?

Fingers crossed no injuries.

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Indeed! I'm not suggesting Cantwell is doing anything other than giving 100%. I think it might be more likely that Farke is prioritizing the likes of Rashica and Tzolis because they are more likely to be here for the longer term.