Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cheers Jeff

I can answer that for him. Because the Premier League is a higher standard than playing international football for Scotland against Israel, Czech Republic etc, and so far he hasn't quite got to grips with that standard.

Maybe because he is a Scotland/Chelsea player and his heart isn't in playing for us?

Ollie Skipp's don't come along too often and I reckon we all got spoiled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

Maybe because he is a Scotland/Chelsea player and his heart isn't in playing for us?

Ollie Skipp's don't come along too often and I reckon we all got spoiled.

Not sure if you've watched him play, but it's not through lack of effort. He has struggled physically against bigger guys and been thrown into a high pressure position for us which is not familiar for him. He has either been trying to do too much or been asked to do to much in my opinion and neither is conducive to playing well. 

• Like 2

Because the system doesn't play to his strengths. There's no doubting his individual ability

People saying International football is a weaker standard yet Gilmour was MOTD against England in the Euros. You really saying the Worlds 3rd ranked team are worst that Watford?

Gilmour is an excellent signing and Chelsea seemingly loaned him to us because we played a certain way & Farke was trusted with his development.

If we are to remain in this Division we need to score more than one goal from open play, per every six games. I suggest getting the best out of Gilmour will be absolutely key to this.

Love how we need to give Farke more time but not an extremely talented 18 years 6 games into his loan spell! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

People saying International football is a weaker standard yet Gilmour was MOTD against England in the Euros. You really saying the Worlds 3rd ranked team are worst that Watford?

Gilmour is an excellent signing and Chelsea seemingly loaned him to us because we played a certain way & Farke was trusted with his development.

If we are to remain in this Division we need to score more than one goal from open play, per every six games. I suggest getting the best out of Gilmour will be absolutely key to this.

Love how we need to give Farke more time but not an extremely talented 18 years 6 games into his loan spell! 

The hardest part for Gilmour is 80% of the time receiving the ball ten yards from his own penalty box, maybe with Normann showing what he can do, naturally you would expect Normann to progress on completing his first 90minutes, his confidence will be grow as he fast becomes the main man. As the season goes on maybe Normann and Billy will click.  

How many games has Gilmour played for Scotland when there has been a gulf in class?

Coasting along in a Chelsea midfield surrounded by world-class players is not the same as playing for a team struggling to compete.

Until you see Gilmour dominating games against Belgium, Italy and Spain, the relevance of what he does at international level is questionable

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

17 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Absolutely Kenny.

But obviously the same applies to our other international newbies Kabak, Normann, Tzolis and Sargent. So there's half a team we can have patience with?

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

How many games has Gilmour played for Scotland when there has been a gulf in class?

Coasting along in a Chelsea midfield surrounded by world-class players is not the same as playing for a team struggling to compete.

Until you see Gilmour dominating games against Belgium, Italy and Spain, the relevance of what he does at international level is questionable

Exactly this, for the same reason it's great England win their qualifying group comfortably every tournament but it has absolutely no benefit in the actual competitions because the teams there are on a completely different level 

6 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I am agreeing  with Kennyo, knock me down with a  feather duster!!

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Take no notice of the man, supports a town that hangs monkeys. 

Not sure it's what they do, more what they did, once.🌜🔑😡 .... my fave emoji description  of those funny North easterners  who wouldn't  know a French man  if he poked them in the eye.

Edited by wcorkcanary