Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Newcastle's new manager.

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I see that Graham Potter is set to be the new manager at St.James Park......could be as early as next week. Could just unsettle Brighton a little bit.

A someone we can sack later appointment.

16 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Meanwhile Norwich fans are left to wonder 'what if'.......

Nope,no delusions or entitlement here. Just doing what we can with what we have, same as yourselves in league one......only we are better, bigger and richer than you. I'd say you lot hold  all the 'what if' aces. 

• Like 3

I guess many modern day City fans are the equivalent to Poundland customers. Cheap and cheerful and hoping for a few run outs before it falls to pieces.

Personally I'm more of an M&S fan preferring quality over quantity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robert choice said:

I guess many modern day City fans are the equivalent to Poundland customers. Cheap and cheerful and hoping for a few run outs before it falls to pieces.

Surely most people go to Poundland because they can't afford M & S? Isn't that where we are?

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Surely most people go to Poundland because they can't afford M & S? Isn't that where we are?

Fair comment, but why buy a whole cupboard full of cheap stuff when a half that number of quality items would have been a better idea?

53 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Meanwhile Norwich fans are left to wonder 'what if'.......

How would you know what Norwich fans think?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Fair comment, but why buy a whole cupboard full of cheap stuff when a half that number of quality items would have been a better idea?

Because football and where you buy your women's underwear aren't really comparable.

• Haha 5

Not sure if a 'top' manager would really want the Newcastle job, even if you had the unlimited cheque book. Someone like Potter would probably see it as a great opportunity, all depends on whether you get asked to go to Saudi embassy to pick up your p45.

When you consider the top4 are playing very well, when Roman's Chelsea started spending, realistically it was just Man Utd/Arsenal and top4 was nearly guaranteed with the money. It was harder for Man City, but if memory serves correctly it was still more of a 3 way battle Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal and Pool whilst being good in cups were still a long way behind in the league. 

Spend 300m or 400m, I still think challenging for top4 against somewhat settled teams would be a challenge.

53 minutes ago, robert choice said:

First game over 60 years ago so nothing modern but refuse to believe or accept that its better now.

So where to next. A continent to buy a club. Then a hemisphere.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Who wouldnt. He's a ' close to perfect striker' from what ive seen of him.

Can you see him being a magpie tho

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

Sure you didn't mean S & M ? .............Christ Almighty ...your posts on here are painful at best 😒

• Haha 1

Apparently the football director will be appointed first ( guy from Dortmund ), they have been chatting for 18 months apparently and he will find ( or already has ) the new manager. There will be immediate spending on St James’s and the Academy ( just like Man City ) and like Man City they will spend a big chunk in January, again just like Man City that will be a mixture of big names and experienced players ( Man City bought Barry and I forget the centre half ).

For those who want our club bought maybe Mike Ashley will oblige lol

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

A someone we can sack later appointment.

Exactly. I said in another thread there will be stop gap signings in January to help avoid relegation.

Potter is the same and will be cast aside once this season is over.

11 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Sure you didn't mean S & M ? .............Christ Almighty ...your posts on here are painful at best 😒

I think he meant Netto. The company that was big in the 80s and 90s but has now disappeared from everywhere apart from its own area.