2 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Would it be possible that if the above is true, and Skipp does fall out of favour, and the loan for Gilmour or Williams is deemed to not be working out that we could cancel one of them and ultimately loan Skipp in January should Spurs be willing?

The phrase “clutching at straws” springs to mind sadly.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Valid point. We got so excited about getting him, largely on the back of that performance against England, that we didn't consider how we will use him.

Negotiations to take Gilmour on loan would have been happening waaaay before that England Scotland match.

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Ultimately you have to adapt to survive. Who knows how many targets we identified and missed out on. We would have loved to get Skipp back, but it wasn't possible. Gilmour represented a fairly low-cost gamble in isolation and he could still do a job for us.

I'd argue that we've tried too hard to adapt the system to the players and it really hasn't worked at all. So maybe now is the time to adapt the players to the system. Gilmour is young and should be capable of adapting his game. We've got a lot of versatility in the midfield so there's plenty of scope for utilising them in different ways.

We need more positional discipline and more clearly defined defensive roles. Rather than packing the defence and castrating the attack we need to get the attacking players onto the pitch to have any chance of scoring the goals we need. So we need to get those players to do the defending as well. Buendia learned it, Tzolis seems to have it in his game, Cantwell knew his job too.

I think we need to simplify the midfield roles and get the whole team playing as tighter unit. More attacking players, but a more defensively structured mindset. I'd like to see Gilmour alongside Normann in a 4-2-3-1. I'd be happy with PLM as number 10 if Dowell is considered not physical enough but want to see two from Cantwell, Tzolis and Rashica starting most matches. Keep the central midfielders deep and make sure the wide AMs are well drilled to track back.

Yes we need to have a more regismated and disciplined back 6 (with the full backs occasionally getting forward one at a time) but then make the front 4 as fluid as we can. Three of Cantwell, Gilmour, Rashica, Tzolis playing with Pukki would give the opposition something to think about, They are all mobile and all have a bit of oomph about them. 

On 10/10/2021 at 18:12, Yellow Wal said:

Yes, our players go on loan and we do quite well out of it. We are making the best out of a corrupt system but it pales into insignificance compared to the richest clubs milking the system to make themselves even richer.

Chelsea have at the moment approx 20 players out on loan. Do you think that is all about Chelsea helping out clubs in need or for their own benefit?

NEWS FLASH…..JUST IN……

Chelsea FC are lending players to other clubs in order to improve the strength of their assets.
STOP.

It is guesstimated that those players will either be:

a.) signed to the first team.

b.) sold to the club that they were loaned to.

c.) sold to a different club.

d.) encouraged to find a new vocation.

STOP.

In seems therefore that Chelsea FC are operating their club like a business.

STOP.

Some people are upset that they are able to do such a thing on a larger scale than the club they support.

STOP.

I wonder if these same people who complain about Chelsea FC’s loan activity would also complain  if NCFC were in a similarly strong position and did the same thing?

STOP.

I wonder if these same people who complain about Chelsea FC’s loan activity would also complain of NCFC were in a similarly strong position to loan players, and didn’t?

STOP.

Get over it. We are where we are, doing what we do and other clubs are where they are, doing what they do.

STOP.

6 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

NEWS FLASH…..JUST IN……

Chelsea FC are lending players to other clubs in order to improve the strength of their assets.
STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

Some people are upset that they are able to do such a thing on a larger scale than the club they support.

STOP.

I wonder if these same people who complain about Chelsea FC’s loan activity would also complain  if NCFC were in a similarly strong position and did the same thing?

STOP.

I wonder if these same people who complain about Chelsea FC’s loan activity would also complain of NCFC were in a similarly strong position to loan players, and didn’t?

STOP.

Get over it. We are where we are, doing what we do and other clubs are where they are, doing what they do.

STOP.

You seem quite happy for the richest clubs to get even richer and kill any competition in the Premiership.

The level playing field seems to have many molehills.

Former top clubs will never have the chance to re-establish themselves. Giants will never be toppled. Never again will we see the 'elite' in the second tier.

The only hope for other clubs is to do a Newcastle. Is that how you think the game should be played?

We already have a 'top six' from whom the winners of all competitions will come.

That will soon become very boring ......... if it hasn't already.

48 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

NEWS FLASH…..JUST IN……

STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

STOP.

STOP

In the name of love, before you break my heart. Is it over?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I was kind of after a rules based answer i.e. would that be allowed?

It was a Nuffo Rules based answer.

But I think the answer  would be yes, as long as one  of wiliams or Gilmour  goes back.

On 14/10/2021 at 12:27, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why? Teams dont have to loan players

Yes they do!

Otherwise they would have around forty senior player's wages to pay and half of those would get no football and probably get very disgruntled.

On 14/10/2021 at 16:25, Jim Smith said:

Yes we need to have a more regismated and disciplined back 6 (with the full backs occasionally getting forward one at a time) but then make the front 4 as fluid as we can. Three of Cantwell, Gilmour, Rashica, Tzolis playing with Pukki would give the opposition something to think about, They are all mobile and all have a bit of oomph about them. 

We aren’t dropping 3 at the back any time soon.

On 19/10/2021 at 19:46, Yellow Wal said:

Yes they do!

Otherwise they would have around forty senior player's wages to pay and half of those would get no football and probably get very disgruntled.

I meant take players on loan rather than loan them out