Sign in to follow this  
Cornwall Canaryfan

Stuart Webber - a Premiership work in progress?

Football management thinking often baffles me at times to the extent where I am left wondering whether I have failed to grasp the bigger picture or my clarity of thought exceeds that of some of footballs 'movers & shakers'.

Referring to the Mails 'Leading clubs monitoring Webber' story in this mornings edition, if there is any truth in this have those doing the monitoring actually noticed that, at present, Mr Webber's record outside of the Championship currently leaves a lot to be desired? 

I find it hard to believe that there is a strong desire among 'leading clubs' to have any more than a 'watching brief' in Stuart to see if the early potential, at Huddersfield & with us, develops to a point where he becomes a genuine contender for a top position.

He has youth on his side for quite a while yet & I would like to see further improvement from him while still with us, turning us into a stable, regular Premiership side. If he can achieve this, then I would wish him well if he is tempted by new challenges with 'bigger names'.

As things stand, I would be surprised to see him recruited by a leading Premiership club at the end of this season. 

Newcastle or Spurs must be in the frame given their track record on recruitment.

Looks very much like a story his agent would put in the media to highlight that he'll be available soon.

I expect most football agents will be more excited than the Newcastle fans about the Saudi money.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looks very much like a story his agent would put in the media to highlight that he'll be available soon.

I expect most football agents will be more excited than the Newcastle fans about the Saudi money.

Ever since Sunderland went down, the ability to fleece a club for stupid money by representing an upper championship level player has decreased unacceptably. 

The North East will become popular with agents once more and I for one am glad that some of our hardly mentioned key workers won't be missing out on their well deserved pay rise.