It's the world cup qualifiers, live on ITV at 745 against a nation with a smaller population than Derry, and just 24 hours after their stadium caught fire. What would be your England 11? Fair to say rotation will probably be in order for Southgate, with recent callups being given a go so with that in mind if I were the one picking the starting team I would be going for..

engdurlund.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Andorra could conceed the game and still end up with a better result. Absolutely pointless.

• Like 1

It's the also-rans that make the winners what they are, but this stretches it a bit.

There is always something to be said in enabling the small-fry to taste the big time, it being beneficial to their domestic game, no doubt. It also provides perspective and the occasional surprise.

Andorra though. They must have qualified in some way even to reach the qualifying stage, but most wouldn't even know that they could muster a football team let alone one capable of giving a Euro finalist a decent run-out.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's the world cup qualifiers, live on ITV at 745 against a nation with a smaller population than Derry, and just 24 hours after their stadium caught fire. What would be your England 11? Fair to say rotation will probably be in order for Southgate, with recent callups being given a go so with that in mind if I were the one picking the starting team I would be going for..

engdurlund.png

Far too attacking line up. 

• Like 1

I despise international breaks, I'm pretty sure most football fans do, but its games against Andorra that really make them feel pointless.

I think with tiny sides like this, the group stage nature of qualification makes it really grim. There is no hope of them putting a run together like in the FA Cup.

Now if it was a straight knock out, the idea of Andorra nicking a famous win and eliminating a big side would have some appeal.

• Like 3

England have had trouble with Andorra in the past. Biggest win against them is 6-0 at home, their biggest away win is 3-0.

In fact, even in the 4-0 home win this time out, three goals were quite late in the second half. Not saying Andorra carry much attacking threat because they don't, but they're usually quite resilient and organised.

England national football team: record v Andorra (11v11.com)

1 minute ago, robert choice said:

All female officials?

Nah. One more step towards the take over of the 'working man's game'.

I thought "I'm not gonna react to this".

Then I thought, nahhhh.

You're a twàt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

England have had trouble with Andorra in the past. Biggest win against them is 6-0 at home, their biggest away win is 3-0.

In fact, even in the 4-0 home win this time out, three goals were quite late in the second half. Not saying Andorra carry much attacking threat because they don't, but they're usually quite resilient and organised.

England national football team: record v Andorra (11v11.com)

Most teams can park 11 by the goal for 90 minutes to be fair

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And it's the "better" sides job to break them down.

There's no shame in parking the bus when you have such a huge gap in resources, and plenty of pride if you do it successfully.

Would I want to watch it week in week out, of course not. However for a fixture like this, I think it can add a bit of drama.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They do it better than norwich do 🤪

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

As long as we win, we will be fine. 

Brilliant. 

I see Trippier is captain. Hopefully the penny will drop with Southgate before the WC that he doesn't quite cut it at the business end of things.

25 minutes ago, GJP said:

I see Trippier is captain. Hopefully the penny will drop with Southgate before the WC that he doesn't quite cut it at the business end of things.

I mean assume he will be one of the oldest and most expereinced player on the pitch so I guess that's probably why. Still if Henderson is starting why not him? Liverpools captain. Hell even Coady if he starts as he's Wolves captain and very clearly a vocal and loud player during matches..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 hours ago, 1902 said:

I thought "I'm not gonna react to this".

Then I thought, nahhhh.

You're a twàt. 

Couldn’t care less who officiates, so long as they are up to it.  Not at all sure about this ref so far - Andorra getting away with a lot, yet we have more bookings for next to nothing - but that’s often the case, male or female.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Couldn’t care less who officiates, so long as they are up to it.  Not at all sure about this ref so far - Andorra getting away with a lot, yet we have more bookings for next to nothing - but that’s often the case, male or female.

Nah, if you kick the ball away, you'll always get nobbled for delaying the restart of play if the referee's bright about it. There is something of an oddity about the laws that if a referee simply gauges a mistimed tackle as careless, there's probably no card, but kicking the ball away is seen as delaying the restart of play and thus a yellow card.

Pretty classic "to the book" officiating.

4 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

I know it's only Andorra, but with Foden pulling the strings in midfield, it shows what a massive miss he was in the Euros especially the final. 

Foden is better than Grealish imo

Very classy of Lee Dixon to make a stupid comment about Ildefons Lima looking like a 51 year old when he came on (he’s actually 41 and this was mentioned before Dixon made his comment).

Just how many international caps do you have?, Ildefons Lima has 133 and is in the Guinness Book of Records. Show some respect, especially for “lesser” opposition teams.

Fantastic reaction to the Albanian goal!🤣🤣🤣

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbaniaFooty/status/1446943450264449025

Edited by KernowCanary

Great to see some new players getting a chance in this match due to Southgate rotating the squad around.

Edited by Luke M