Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

International Break

How much are you enjoying this one? Is everyone following all tonight’s matches and dreaming of Qatar 2022? Exciting stuff I think you’ll all agree and a shame there’s not another break this year really. 

• Haha 1

Interesting to see how the groups are shaping up. Some are quite close - a few must not lose games tonight - CZE V WAL and Turkey v Norway. Last night's game between France and Belgium was good. Belgium are running out of chances to win something with this talented squad.

Belgium’s Golden Generation has failed, I knew even when they were 2-0 up France were going to get their doo-dah together and pull something out of the hat like Villa do when it looks like they are doomed for the drop.

Still, some good games to catch up on after seeing the new Bond film with my friend who I work with and she’s a big Canaries supporter like myself!.

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How much are you enjoying this one? Is everyone following all tonight’s matches and dreaming of Qatar 2022? Exciting stuff I think you’ll all agree and a shame there’s not another break this year really. 

Isn't there one in November?

I will regard Russian 2018 as the last proper World Cup before changes in the format are made and the bizarre award for Qatar to host and it happening in November. That said Qatar will be the last one with the normal format before they expand the number of teams and it's 3 teams only in each group.

To answer the ops question, I'm certainly not enjoying the international break. For me football came to a stop last Saturday and doesn't start again until next week. Only interest will be to see how our players do and hopefully keep fit for our next important game. Qatar? It's farcical that the world Cup is going there - and in the middle of domestic seasons around the world. Call me a miseryguts if you like, but you did ask. 

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

To answer the ops question, I'm certainly not enjoying the international break. For me football came to a stop last Saturday and doesn't start again until next week. Only interest will be to see how our players do and hopefully keep fit for our next important game. Qatar? It's farcical that the world Cup is going there - and in the middle of domestic seasons around the world. Call me a miseryguts if you like, but you did ask. 

If you are planning to go to the World Cup remember to dress modestly. No short skirts for girls and preferably no shorts for boys. 

28 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Yes you do! 

But plenty of them. 😇😉👍

P.S  I'm  a big Cambridgeo fan. 

Edited by wcorkcanary