Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We reportedly have a £15m option on Kabak and a £16m option on Normann. 

Are there any details on this? I believe the options we had on Gibson and Giannoulis were compulsory options dependent on promotion. What is the state of affairs with our current loanees?

Can we purchase at any time during the loan?

Are we obliged to purchase if we stay up?

Can we still purchase if we go down?

Can the players reject a transfer, or are personal terms all agreed and its between the clubs to decide on whether it is permanent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where have those numbers come from? Thought I had seen optional fees close to £10m, have you seen them in Euros perhaps? or including the full price with loan fee?

An option tends to mean they aren't compulsury, even if we stay up.

We probably could purchase during the loan if somebody wins the lottery and gives a donation to the club.

We could technically buy them if we go down but in reality the likelyhood is they wouldn't want to join a Championshop club and we wouldn't have the money.

Don't know but I would imagine that it could still break down even if we do go to buy them after staying up. They could have a storming season, become way more valuable and have bigger clubs fighting it out for them. Imagine we could also renegotiate a fee if thongs don't work out for them but we'd still like to sign them, although that's unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Normann and Kabak are only available to buy if we stay up. I doubt they would be inclined to play for a Championship team and I also doubt we would have enough cash to sign them at that level either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the staying up thing is actually in the agreement but it might as well be.

If we stay up and either of them aren't up to it I think we can still back out. Same if we go down but for some reason they decide they loved it here anyway we can buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's a payment already down on them in form of a loan fee I thought?

So we lose that if we don't buy them, or if we do buy them it's factored in?

Kabak 3.6m and Normann 1.8m i'm sure were the figures.

Edited by Google Bot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fairly sure that a condition for both of them is for us to be still in the premier league to complete the signing. Also protects us from spending 32 million after a relegation. I think both players wouldn't have joined if these clauses were not in place.

Edited by birchfest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Where have those numbers come from? Thought I had seen optional fees close to £10m, have you seen them in Euros perhaps? or including the full price with loan fee?

An option tends to mean they aren't compulsury, even if we stay up.

We probably could purchase during the loan if somebody wins the lottery and gives a donation to the club.

We could technically buy them if we go down but in reality the likelyhood is they wouldn't want to join a Championshop club and we wouldn't have the money.

Don't know but I would imagine that it could still break down even if we do go to buy them after staying up. They could have a storming season, become way more valuable and have bigger clubs fighting it out for them. Imagine we could also renegotiate a fee if thongs don't work out for them but we'd still like to sign them, although that's unlikely.

Normann wants to leave Russia, so he needs somewhere permanent. I wouldn't put it past him to be willing to stay with us in the Championship for one season, assuming he continues to impress. And we could certainly afford the transfer fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Normann wants to leave Russia, so he needs somewhere permanent. I wouldn't put it past him to be willing to stay with us in the Championship for one season, assuming he continues to impress. And we could certainly afford the transfer fee.

Based on early signs I'd say there will be demand for him outside of Russia come the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Normann continues to impress other clubs will be interested for what is a reasonable fee.  Same applies to Kabak.  Must stay up to keep either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Based on early signs I'd say there will be demand for him outside of Russia come the end of the season.

Early signs from Normann's highly confident nature is that he won't want to be bumming around in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Based on early signs I'd say there will be demand for him outside of Russia come the end of the season.

I don't doubt that, but i was mainly dealing with the question of whether we could afford him, and we could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't doubt that, but i was mainly dealing with the question of whether we could afford him, and we could.

I expect our spending would look similar to last season if we were to relegate. We could drop 10m on a single player in the Championship but I doubt that we would.

If we do drop and he falls in love with us as much as we fall in love with him then it could make for an interesting scenario. Highly doubt it though.

Edited by KeiranShikari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Delia spending out any money to retain them following another relegation. It will be a case of grab what you can from the sale of anyone decent and hope there will be some free academy youngsters ready to step in.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I can't see Delia spending out any money to retain them following another relegation

No **** sherlock, What part of being a self funded club don't you understand?  Just because your lot sunk into administration, elected to avoid paying contractors what's owed,  and came back waving other peoples money about.  Bunch of ****esters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I can't see Delia spending out any money to retain them following another relegation. It will be a case of grab what you can from the sale of anyone decent and hope there will be some free academy youngsters ready to step in.

 

 

Yep, academy players are free, we spend no money developing them at all, of course they pay for their own coaches and equipment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I suppose that if we do succumb to immediate relegation once again then the board's ambition will finally be tested to the full. Especially the 'seven-year plan' aspect of it, which boasts gradual and ordered improvement.

Will they lose these two players, or will they bust a gut to keep them if possible? Will there be a massive sell-out and a back to the drawing board approach, or will all the stops be pulled out in order to keep our yo-yo status to the intact?

 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I understand the benefits of these types of transfers, namely it’s probably the only way we could afford to to a deal for them in the first place. But it does worry me a little I’m terms of the player’s commitment to the cause.
 

For example, hypothetically speaking, if it were to become apparent to them during the season that Norwich in the premier league isn’t in their best interests, i.e. a better opportunity from elsewhere is on the table,  how hard are they going to be willing to fight if we’re were to face a last game, win to stay up scenario a la 0-6 craven cottage? Does that make sense to anyone else or am I garbling rubbish? 
 

I suppose at this point we’d love to be in with a shout of survival on the last match of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Google Bot said:

No **** sherlock, What part of being a self funded club don't you understand?  Just because your lot sunk into administration, elected to avoid paying contractors what's owed,  and came back waving other peoples money about.  Bunch of ****esters.

We aren't all so easily fooled fella.

 

Self funded? Grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 1902 said:

Yep, academy players are free, we spend no money developing them at all, of course they pay for their own coaches and equipment.

 

And they all chip in for the use of the training ground 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...