Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Current value of all Premier League clubs owners

12 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

I think a more telling stat would be the amount of money each is taking/investing in the respective clubs.

Yeah, the amount each club 'owes' would be an interesting figure besides the wealth of the owner.  As we all know the owner is a temporary custodian - debt doesn't just leave when it wants.

i.e. Chelsea owe around 1 billion I believe?

On a club level, we're probably one of the richest/less indebted clubs when you remove owner wealth.  But they'll never publish graphs like that as it's too embarrassing. I mean come on:-

Premier League Club Debt Table 2021

Position Club Net Debt
1 Chelsea £1.3 billion
2 Tottenham Hotspur £534 million
3 Newcastle United £384 million
4 Brighton and Hove Albion £279 million
5 Manchester United £204 million
6 Liverpool £157 million
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers £103 million
8 Watford £97 million
9 Bournemouth £90 million
10 Leicester City £80 million

Now who's the "Richest" club?

Edited by Google Bot

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:
Position Club Net Debt
1 Chelsea £1.3 billion

That is utterly ridiculous if true.

So let me understand this right, against all that money, we are still rocking around in the EPL.... what a brilliant job our club is doing competing at this level... if we can actually achieve some success as well, (stay up) what an achievement.   They might actually base a Hollywood blockbuster on us!   

Rather support us doing things our way (a proper football club) than sell out to crooks so they can launder their money!    

Success is so much sweeter.     

Edited by ged in the onion bag

19 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Out of interest which owners on that list would posters be happy to have as our owners instead of Delia and which wouldn’t they?

I'd take the Leicester/ Brighton/ Bournemouth owners if we had a choice. I'd also be attracted to several of the multi-billionaires, as long as there weren't really big ethical issues in their backgrounds.

Some of the ones that I'd be very wary of are the investor owners (e.g. Glazers + Henry) who have shown they don't give a fig about the club or its supporters ("legacy fans") and would do anything to maximise their profits.

• Like 1

😀 it makes me so proud to be a norwich fan. We are where we are because we are the " best football club in the world" no money no millions a business model that defies the free market capitalist dream.

Steve Cooper at forest is talking about replicating the ncfc approach

I do so hope we stay up.

Because the chances of playing Liverpool in the opening game 3 times in a row are 6859 to 1

Conspiracy theorist me you bet!!!

• Like 1

On 08/10/2021 at 13:34, Badger said:

I'd take the Leicester/ Brighton/ Bournemouth owners if we had a choice. I'd also be attracted to several of the multi-billionaires, as long as there weren't really big ethical issues in their backgrounds.

Some of the ones that I'd be very wary of are the investor owners (e.g. Glazers + Henry) who have shown they don't give a fig about the club or its supporters ("legacy fans") and would do anything to maximise their profits.

The same Bournemouth owner who cares so little about the club that he was looking to sell it in the summer when they failed to get promoted?

11 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

The same Bournemouth owner who cares so little about the club that he was looking to sell it in the summer when they failed to get promoted?

I didn't know this, thanks. I can understand it-  they were about £130 million in debt, before last season, so it will presumably have gone up further. He is "only" worth £900 million, so probably feels that he has given enough and wants to get some back (if he can).

Hopefully he won't leave them in the lurch, or I will have to cross another off my (very short) list of owners that I would have liked City to have🤦‍♂️

Edited by Badger
Added some words