Sign in to follow this  
Phil Jones

The Snake Pit should be banned from swearing

Why is the Snake Pit and lower Barclay allowed to obnoxiously swear and stand up during the match? Every other stand) bans this. If you swear in any other stand you get banned (I think this is a good idea, as it keeps football atmosphere friendly and suitable for parents to take their children too)

I think the Snake Pit should no longer be allowed to use chants with swear words. That way, the atmosphere is more suitable for kids to attend matches and it feels more friendly.

Who agrees the club should stop the Snake Pit and lower Barclay from swearing?

17 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

They should create the 'Ball Pit' solely for kids filled with those soft, plastic balls like that place in Wells. 

Don’t be silly, if a kid threw one at Jamie Vardy he would hit the deck and appeal for a penalty 😉😉

1 hour ago, Phil Jones said:

We take Bose noise cancelling headphones with us to matches, so I'd much rather the club asked supporters to not move their mouths when cursing.  Just the the sheer sight of it can cause our Gooseberry and Cinnamon yoghurts to turn blue. 

• Haha 3

Football used to be a working class sport, not a prawn sandwich in sight 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil Jones said:

Why is the Snake Pit and lower Barclay allowed to obnoxiously swear and stand up during the match? Every other stand) bans this. If you swear in any other stand you get banned (I think this is a good idea, as it keeps football atmosphere friendly and suitable for parents to take their children too)

I think the Snake Pit should no longer be allowed to use chants with swear words. That way, the atmosphere is more suitable for kids to attend matches and it feels more friendly.

A first post and it’s complete ****. Obviously your view should have precedence over all others. Do you actually go to the games??

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

A first post and it’s complete ****. Obviously your view should have precedence over all others. Do you actually go to the games??

Sorry second post. You’ve already posted almost the same gibberish on another thread. How about banning complete tawts???

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think it's a fair point. For a family orientated club, an anti-swearing policy should be in place where there are kids.

For a football club a playing football policy should also have to be in place. Not the dross we were served up against Watford

I think it's probably easier to get a ticket in another stand isn't it? Rather than stifling the enthusiasm and atmosphere of the two sections that really make any noise. I'd not take my kids to games in those stands, more due due to persistent standing. Funny post though, like it. Can we ask away fans not to jeer if they are winning? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think it's a fair point. For a family orientated club, an anti-swearing policy should be in place where there are kids.

If you dislike swearing there are plenty of other areas of the ground you can go to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Jones said:

Tell them to shut the **** up when they start it again. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of them had a few beers before the match too. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If you dislike swearing there are plenty of other areas of the ground you can go to.

Exactly this.

And the OP is a boring binner

• Like 1

Going back about 10 years, I complained to a steward about a guy sitting near me and my 6 year old son, the guy kept dropping the C bomb. 

Steward said he couldn’t do anything unless he heard it.

Hope things have changed.

Alternative is to have adult only sections of the ground? 

Although I completely disagree with the op, I do feel the ( I believe it comes from the snake pit ) booing of the taking of the knee should stop. I will stand to be corrected but this doesn’t seem to be happening anywhere else in the EPL.

7 hours ago, Phil Jones said:

Why is the Snake Pit and lower Barclay allowed to obnoxiously swear and stand up during the match?

Well with the snakepit it is because everybody knows it is where the c*nts sit, and if they want to do us all a favour by sitting with all the other c*nts that is a good thing for the rest of the people in the ground. 

A better question is why you are buying tickets for the snakepit when you have kids. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Tell them to shut the **** up when they start it again. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of them had a few beers before the match too. 

Last time I went in the snakepit I think the people around me had consumed more than beer.

It’s become part and parcel of everyday living I’m afraid

We go to Wetherspoons and you hear it all the time, lads and girls fffn and blinding

A total lack of respect to others around them and shows their lack of intelligence 

But hey no one cares anymore all part of a break down of morals

1 hour ago, daly said:

We go to Wetherspoons and you hear it all the time, lads and girls fffn and blinding

A total lack of respect to others around them and shows their lack of intelligence 

Studies suggest that intelligent people are more likely to swear.

1 hour ago, daly said:

But hey no one cares anymore all part of a break down of morals

If you choose to continue to frequent places that you find distasteful, where does the lack of intelligence lie?

As it goes, I know people who both used to manage and some that continue to manage Wetherspoon outlets, and not one of them would allow boorish behaviour that might dissuade patrons from returning. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Kids swear worse than grown-ups. I would suggest a bit of action is required in the playground first.

Maybe stop players and managers swearing too (did to hear the filth during the U23s match at Kings Lynn?). And spitting.

😉

I remember my old man telling me I could swear at football if I wanted to but not at home.   Absolutely do self moderate if I'm sitting near a family now though.