Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, WD40 said:

Hambition

Definitely no ham. 

Harambition. 

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Whole system is totally ****ing broken at this point. I had this naive hope that covid may have spooked people into some meaningful changes but it just won't happen. 

Yeah, I was a little like you in that line of thinking. If anything, it looks like the super-rich might take advantage of the few clubs without billionaire owners to cover losses over the Coronavirus period instead....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if the Saudis buy them, and they still get relegated... What will Newcastle look like in the champs...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Herman said:

Definitely no ham. 

Harambition. 

Apologies you’re right!

Halal-bition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

How will they 'lose' Bruce? He's hardly likely to resign with a potential payoff available. I can't think he'll be top of any other Premier League club's list to get in.

I'm amazed he's still manager there.

Doubt it will be too difficult for the prospective new owners to 'lose Steve Bruce' if they need to.............😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's be honest, none of the rich owners are exactly paragons of morality, this is the way it is. If you want to compete with the best then you can't start being picky about where its funded from. It's **** but that's how it is.

Even if we stay up this year, someone would come in with £50m for the likes of Tzolis and eventually we'd not keep it up.

If we are to make a real sustained play of it at this level, we'll need to sell our soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

let's be honest, none of the rich owners are exactly paragons of morality, this is the way it is. If you want to compete with the best then you can't start being picky about where its funded from. It's **** but that's how it is.

Even if we stay up this year, someone would come in with £50m for the likes of Tzolis and eventually we'd not keep it up.

If we are to make a real sustained play of it at this level, we'll need to sell our soul.

There is an element of truth in that but this deal is in a different category altogether and way beyond the moral pale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is an element of truth in that but this deal is in a different category altogether and way beyond the moral pale.

Yeah exactly.

Mike Ashley isn't a great person but he's clearly nowhere near the level of this group. Similarly I'm not a fan of the Glazers but I'd rather have an owner that increased debt than the list of charges levelled at the Saudi's. 

I get you'll never have morally pure owners with loads of money to chuck around but there has to be some form of cut off point and this feels quite a way past it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be an unpopular opinion but Id rather drop out of the league than be bought out by this lot, honestly the price of success at literally any cost. Rotten to the core, another step forwards towards the death of football, meanwhile the greed of fandom will see many up there turn a blind eye, a good metaphor for many problems in this country right now.. I don't care what happens to anyone else as long as I get mine at the end of it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hogesar said:

I suppose some people have zero morality in life Jim but don't judge everyone by your own standards ☺

I agree, its why I really don't like the Catholic church... 300'000 abused kids in France wasn't it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Might be an unpopular opinion but Id rather drop out of the league than be bought out by this lot, honestly the price of success at literally any cost. Rotten to the core, another step forwards towards the death of football, meanwhile the greed of fandom will see many up there turn a blind eye, a good metaphor for many problems in this country right now.. I don't care what happens to anyone else as long as I get mine at the end of it.

Agreed. I've generally advocated for needing owners with deeper pockets but not like this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that the fans of Newcastle will point to the relationships between the UK and the Saudi governments.... being the richest club in the world they will be salivating at the talent they are likely to see at St James Park. 

Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom are strategic allies.[5] There are more than 200 joint ventures between British and Saudi Companies, worth $17.5 billion, and some 30,000 British nationals are living and working in Saudi Arabia as well as nearly 100,000 Saudi nationals living in the UK. Saudi Arabia is the United Kingdom's primary trading partner in the Middle East and the United Kingdom is Saudi Arabia's closest European ally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I guess that the fans of Newcastle will point to the relationships between the UK and the Saudi governments.... being the richest club in the world they will be salivating at the talent they are likely to see at St James Park. 

Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom are strategic allies.[5] There are more than 200 joint ventures between British and Saudi Companies, worth $17.5 billion, and some 30,000 British nationals are living and working in Saudi Arabia as well as nearly 100,000 Saudi nationals living in the UK. Saudi Arabia is the United Kingdom's primary trading partner in the Middle East and the United Kingdom is Saudi Arabia's closest European ally

That doesn't win football matches though. 😀

I still think they might be hampered in where they are geographically to persuade the very best players to come to Newcastle.

But as said above, we are getting close to the final nails being banged into the coffin of football as a competitive sport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, duke63 said:

That doesn't win football matches though. 😀

I still think they might be hampered in where they are geographically to persuade the very best players to come to Newcastle.

But as said above, we are getting close to the final nails being banged into the coffin of football as a competitive sport.

 

It's gone... without the very richest you can not compete. Look at Arsenal getting left behind... Newcastle will become the richest club in the world (more cash than PSG!!!!!) and will buy success. They will buy the best players and employ the best coaches. Eventually that wins you things. Look at Manchester City.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why arent we Newcastle?

I'd become a Mackem if this happened ... 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I agree, its why I really don't like the Catholic church... 300'000 abused kids in France wasn't it? 

Wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2021 at 17:35, Deptford Yellow said:

Saudi money - on the back of misogyny, beheadings, bombing and starving the poor country next door, and generating the extreme form of Islamism that led to 9-11

I’ll stick with Delia

And guess which country sells them most of their weapons. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

let's be honest, none of the rich owners are exactly paragons of morality, this is the way it is. If you want to compete with the best then you can't start being picky about where its funded from. It's **** but that's how it is.

Even if we stay up this year, someone would come in with £50m for the likes of Tzolis and eventually we'd not keep it up.

If we are to make a real sustained play of it at this level, we'll need to sell our soul.

Rather have a Soul , thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 06/10/2021 at 17:52, Jim Smith said:

I doubt many Newcastle fans will give a sh*t when they are challenging for the title and we are still saying we can’t compete with the rich guys in 3 years time. 

Turns out you were right. They don’t give a toss. Who would have thought it….. Not sure how exactly they have “got their club back” but 🤷‍♂️

 

Edited by Virtual reality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Newcastle fans don't seem to get FFP. Their 2020 accounts declared a loss of £54m on a turnover of £152m. They are already in trouble with the 3 year accounting allowing a £35m average loss, assuming that their 2021 figures are not a lot better.

Their new owners will need to zoom up income by signing lots of lucrative contracts - so expect sponsorship deals galore with Saudia Arabian Airlines or someone similar within days; one for shirts; one for the academy; one for the canteen etc and all for really stupid money. But even that might not be enough to give them enough money to spend in the January window to buy themselves out of trouble.

It would be hilarious to see Newcastle get relegated now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I guess that the fans of Newcastle will point to the relationships between the UK and the Saudi governments

Yes. Because Johnsons such a great character himself isn't he...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...