Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Saudi money - on the back of misogyny, beheadings, bombing and starving the poor country next door, and generating the extreme form of Islamism that led to 9-11

I’ll stick with Delia

  • Like 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What happened to that Qatar takeover of Leeds?

They went to Leeds, took one look around and said 'Nah screw this even the shanty towns back home are in better condition than this ****hole'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Saudi money - on the back of misogyny, beheadings, bombing and starving the poor country next door, and generating the extreme form of Islamism that led to 9-11

I’ll stick with Delia

I doubt many Newcastle fans will give a sh*t when they are challenging for the title and we are still saying we can’t compete with the rich guys in 3 years time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Saudi money - on the back of misogyny, beheadings, bombing and starving the poor country next door, and generating the extreme form of Islamism that led to 9-11

I’ll stick with Delia

Don't forget murdering journalists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I doubt many Newcastle fans will give a sh*t when they are challenging for the title and we are still saying we can’t compete with the rich guys in 3 years time. 

When?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I doubt many Newcastle fans will give a sh*t when they are challenging for the title and we are still saying we can’t compete with the rich guys in 3 years time. 

I suppose some people have zero morality in life Jim but don't judge everyone by your own standards ☺

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised he was still manager at the start of this season. Hopefully they'll keep him a bit longer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done alright out of poor old Newcastle, I wonder who we will sell at 3x the going rate to rich new Newcastle. Not a club whose recruitment is particularly shrewd, barring Saint-Maximin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Saudi money - on the back of misogyny, beheadings, bombing and starving the poor country next door, and generating the extreme form of Islamism that led to 9-11

I’ll stick with Delia

Their fans might think twice about criticising the owners though if they know that they might be abducted, tortured, murdered and cut into a thousand pieces. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They're like Leeds in that they will either embarrassingly fawn uncontrollably over a manager or absolutely hate his guts and make their life miserable. You're either god or worse than Hitler. 

What causes it is that 'we're a massive club' complex. They DESERVE a well known, big name manager to be working at their club. Rafa had an average record there, worse than Bruce's but because he's a famous big name they couldn't keep their noses off out of his a5secrack whereas Steve Bruce hasn't managed many big clubs so he's beneath them. If they brought in someone like Van Gaal or Antonio Conte (Just off the top of my head) and they played the exact same type of football, got the same type of results and finished lower mid table or relegated they would adore them and shift all the blame onto their ownership. 

If Eddie Howe came in, got them playing better football and kept them in the league they would hate his guts because he's not famous enough for them. 

Leeds fans are like this as well, it is so incredibly cringe inducing and embarrassing to hear they way they talk about Bielsa, it's the exact same way Newcastle fans used to hero worship Benitez. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I doubt many Newcastle fans will give a sh*t when they are challenging for the title and we are still saying we can’t compete with the rich guys in 3 years time. 

Wow. Just wow. Yeah, f*ck morality and humanity when your football team can climb a few places. I say again for emphasis. Wow.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

They're like Leeds in that they will either embarrassingly fawn uncontrollably over a manager or absolutely hate his guts and make their life miserable. You're either god or worse than Hitler. 

They never liked Steve Bruce because he's a former Sunderland manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not yet confirmed, but I don't think it's really sunk in with most people how massive this Newcastle takeover could end up being, particularly for the "Big Six" in this country.

 

The net worth of this shady "Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund" is estimated to be 320 billion pounds. To put that in perspective, the net worth of Man City owner Sheikh Mansour is estimated to be 23 billion pounds. Just the cool 300 billion between them then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, robert choice said:

If they lose Bruce they will go down. It may not be pretty but he is doing a brave job under difficult circumstances.

How will they 'lose' Bruce? He's hardly likely to resign with a potential payoff available. I can't think he'll be top of any other Premier League club's list to get in.

I'm amazed he's still manager there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I know it's not yet confirmed, but I don't think it's really sunk in with most people how massive this Newcastle takeover could end up being, particularly for the "Big Six" in this country.

 

The net worth of this shady "Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund" is estimated to be 320 billion pounds. To put that in perspective, the net worth of Man City owner Sheikh Mansour is estimated to be 23 billion pounds. Just the cool 300 billion between them then...

Yes. Frightening. 

Could it be the last straw to break the camel's back because this can potentially transcend all that currently exists, including the European scene? Completely new dimensions there.

Newcastle F.C. has in many ways been an up-market version of ITFC for a number of years now, whereby nothing ever seems to come off for them, ownership, management or transfers, whatever they try.

This could potentially change all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle will win the league within 4 or 5 years if this goes through. The game seems so joyless nowadays with all the money flying around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Newcastle will win the league within 4 or 5 years if this goes through. The game seems so joyless nowadays with all the money flying around.

Dunno, it's Newcastle. If anyone can completely f*ck it up, they can.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle were always an obvious choice for this kind of investment but it's another horrendous deal done without any consideration for the good of the game as a whole or the morality of the potential owners.

I'm losing faith in football as a sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Wow. Just wow. Yeah, f*ck morality and humanity when your football team can climb a few places. I say again for emphasis. Wow.

Did I say that? I said I doubt many of their fans will care when they are winning major honours over the next few years. Because thats what most football fans are most bothered about. 

Ultimately its another premier league club we will no longer be able to compete with and its one of our genuine relegation rivals this season so its not great news for Norwich or indeed football. In an ideal world we could and would buck the trend but we don;t live in an ideal world and the reality is that we are already struggling at the top level and its only going to get harder.

I don;t want us taken over by a murderous regime (although to a degree all regimes are up to morally questionable things depending on your perspective) but I would want us taken over by someone with the resources to help us compete. It doesn;t have to be the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia - people are out there if you look and make the club genuinely available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

How will they 'lose' Bruce? He's hardly likely to resign with a potential payoff available. I can't think he'll be top of any other Premier League club's list to get in.

I'm amazed he's still manager there.

Still in the PL aren't they? That's all the owner wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes. Frightening. 

Could it be the last straw to break the camel's back because this can potentially transcend all that currently exists, including the European scene? Completely new dimensions there.

Newcastle F.C. has in many ways been an up-market version of ITFC for a number of years now, whereby nothing ever seems to come off for them, ownership, management or transfers, whatever they try.

This could potentially change all that. 

Whole system is totally ****ing broken at this point. I had this naive hope that covid may have spooked people into some meaningful changes but it just won't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It doesn;t have to be the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia - people are out there if you look and make the club genuinely available."

Forbes reckon that there are 2755 Billionaires currently in the world.

How many of them are not dodgy, interested in owning a football club, want that club to be Norwich city (not that I think we are less desirable than some others, but neither are we more so), wouldn't be a disaster like Mike Ashley and don't already own another one?

I really think we miss the point of just how few potential owners there are who can compete in the premiership, let alone those who aren't horrendous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...