31 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Since she hasn't sold yet she hasn't yet made any money from her investment. It is only a potential gain and as it stands she has lost money by investing in the club.

No, I was careful to point that out. Her wealth has increased as a result, wealth which can be passed down to family if she wishes. Being able to pass wealth down to children is a gain no? at this moment in time her investment has worked in favour of both the club and the investor.. that’s my point, investment doesn’t = bad as keeps getting spouted.

Oh dear, it was all going so well and then this. 😡

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/angry-premier-league-clubs-demand-emergency-meeting-on-newcastle-deal

Angry Premier League clubs demand emergency meeting on Newcastle deal

• Other 19 clubs united in opposition to Newcastle takeover
  • Clubs concerned Premier League’s brand could be damaged
  • Like 2

I've cancelled my sky subscription, I don't want any of my money going to the Premier league.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/angry-premier-league-clubs-demand-emergency-meeting-on-newcastle-deal

Hilarious that Man City and Chelsea have the balls to join in complaining about Newcastle

• Like 1

So the penny has finally dropped, but it has taken this monstrous development to bring this about.

AS you say, with Citeh and Chelski showing upset there is clearly a great deal of hypocrisy here, but I also feel that the ripples that this move has sent throughout the game will hopefully lead to a re-think of values in general.

Who knows? Perhaps even the Talk Sport brigade and other vested interests will finally realise that there may be something to be admired about that little club in the heart of Norfolk and its self-funding model.

I note that the new owners intend to "spend, spend, spend" in the January window. Millions will inevitably change hands in a way never known before. The whole ****e-show will be thrown on its head.

In what ways will it benefit or harm Norwich City? Hard to evaluate yet, beyond the fact that an expected relegation rival is no more.

It could well mean that the Super League is not that far away after all.

The Toon supporters, by and large, seem oblivious to the consequences and many only see European glory and trophies in their eyes. That one on one of my news feeds exclaimed that it was: "The best  day of my life and better even than when the 'bairn' was born," tends to sum many of them up to a tee.

It's good to have a hobby, it's essential to have interests in the life, but, "Oh dear!"

Edited by BroadstairsR

39 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

So the penny has finally dropped, but it has taken this monstrous development to bring this about.

AS you say, with Citeh and Chelski showing upset there is clearly a great deal of hypocrisy here, but I also feel that the ripples that this move has sent throughout the game will hopefully lead to a re-think of values in general.

Who knows? Perhaps even the Talk Sport brigade and other vested interests will finally realise that there may be something to be admired about that little club in the heart of Norfolk and its self-funding model.

I note that the new owners intend to "spend, spend, spend" in the January window. Millions will inevitably change hands in a way never known before. The whole ****e-show will be thrown on its head.

In what ways will it benefit or harm Norwich City? Hard to evaluate yet, beyond the fact that an expected relegation rival is no more.

It could well mean that the Super League is not that far away after all.

The Toon supporters, by and large, seem oblivious to the consequences and many only see European glory and trophies in their eyes. That one on one of my news feeds exclaimed that it was: "The best  day of my life and better even than when the 'bairn' was born," tends to sum many of them up to a tee.

It's good to have a hobby, it's essential to have interests in the life, but, "Oh dear!"

No no no, Talksport will go on about Newcastle 'doing the right thing and showing how it's done' by 'beating their corrupt owners' and 'showing serious ambiton'

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

No Point selling at her Age ,

she does not need the Money  and it will not improve her life at all 

If she sold the club tomorrow she would have to pay tax and then when her and Hubbie pass on the Inheritance Tax would take a lot of money from the Family Tom etc 

To claim £100 million wouldnt improve Delia and Michaels last years is uhhh...interesting.

11 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I agree with them but there's several other clubs with owners who have dubious history.

At least we've learnt from this which fans have the same moralistic values as Al Quaeda, well, if it means money for their football club.

1 hour ago, Haus said:

I've cancelled my sky subscription, I don't want any of my money going to the Premier league.  

My tv subscription finishes this weekend too. I’ve already had a few emails about going back but they can do one as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 2

It's just another foreign takeover and it won't be the last. It's time folks realised that the 'English game' is dead and buried both on and off the pitch.

They will have all female match officials one day I suppose.

52 minutes ago, robert choice said:

It's just another foreign takeover and it won't be the last. It's time folks realised that the 'English game' is dead and buried both on and off the pitch.

Not from Saudi they won't

14 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

A point which you continue to raise again and again but the argument remains that investment can be beneficial to both parties! Dragons den would be a very short programme otherwise. Banks lending mortgages would struggle to find customers etc etc. If Newcastle enjoy massive investment in their community like Man City, win titles and grow then the owners may make some money and am sure the Geordies wouldn’t begrudge it. Hasn’t Delia made money from her investment which will be realised upon sale?…

Of course investment can be beneficial to both sides by the inappropriately named Naturalcynic (along with many others) are constantly saying that they give the money - it is a naïve myth that needs correcting if we are to ever have a sensible debate on the question.

Once it is accepted that investor owners (not the mega rich billionaires who have other reasons - political/ hobby etc) are in the game to make a profit, we can then have a sensible discussion about the pros and cons of this - the potential advantages and pitfalls of having an investor owner - but we never get that far because there are still loads of people who think that investors come in and give away their money. The truth is that in most (not all) cases they take pretty stringent measures to ensure that they don't lose out - it's why you often see grounds sold to their owners (through a holding company) or loans taken out against the football club - not using the owners money.

1 hour ago, robert choice said:

And if they're better than the men, where's the problem?

2 hours ago, Herman said:

???

Are you questioning the intrinsic link between a murdering regime in Saudi Arabia being allowed to purchase an English Football Club and female match officials? 

Because I have no f*cking idea what this troll is on about yet again. But I'm sticking a tenner on him getting banned in the next 3 months for a racist comment.

• Like 1

Some interesting but also some really ignorant statements on this thread - quite fun reading it all the way through and sifting through those posters who are actually aware of the world they live in and those who only really care about what happens in their postcode.

Most Newcastle fans seem to belong to the postcode brigade and fail to see the irony of having to use a foodbank, not being able to afford to see them play, yet delighting in a £305m takeover by a £320bn organisation because "it's all about the football; the club is a part of the city" (because that clearly only applies in Newcastle). I can't deny them the happiness this has clearly brought them, even if it is based on  misunderstood events and information.

The hypocrisy of the the other billionaire clubs is unsurprising. Until we all stop paying Sky and BT to watch it, things will only get worse. Unfortunately there are enough worldwide supporters of billionaire clubs around the world who won't stop paying them. I suspect several tens of thousands of new Newcastle supporting subscribers are already signing up.

In reality, Norwich have no chance of competing in this world. Our supporters are split between those who want to try, and those who don't because the moral cost of supporting your club in these circumstances is too high.

It is quite a depressing thought that in only 30 years the Premier League and the other European Leagues have completely destroyed the fabric of the game and turned it into something that 99.99% of the world's population cannot relate to. 

This takeover moves the goalposts a bit further apart. The corporate ownership model of Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool moved on from the individual plaything model of Chelsea. Everton, West Ham, Leicester and others are stuck now. This one moves the State ownership model into play, (despite what the PL actually say, no "investment fund" really has £320bn to play with.)

Newcastle will win the PL within two years and everyone on Talksport will be delighted with their ambition, completely failing to register that the "sport" they are talking about isn't really a sport anymore.

The EFL should now be talking about breaking away themselves - rediscovering the game, divorcing from anything to do with EPL, UEFA and FIFA, introducing salary caps, streaming games for free etc. If they don't do that, they will completely disappear in a few more short years. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Are you questioning the intrinsic link between a murdering regime in Saudi Arabia being allowed to purchase an English Football Club and female match officials? 

Because I have no f*cking idea what this troll is on about yet again. But I'm sticking a tenner on him getting banned in the next 3 months for a racist comment.

Agreed, wholly inappropriate to link the two subjects. 
State sponsored assassination isn’t solely the prerogative of Arab states by the way, (it seems loads of posters have the proof the CIA have been trying to find for years regarding the aforementioned journo, maybe pass it on for the sake of those on life sentences). We have Russian and Iranian billionaire owners already, and of course plenty from countries who still practice capital punishment for crimes in their country.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Of course investment can be beneficial to both sides by the inappropriately named Naturalcynic (along with many others) are constantly saying that they give the money - it is a naïve myth that needs correcting if we are to ever have a sensible debate on the question.

Once it is accepted that investor owners (not the mega rich billionaires who have other reasons - political/ hobby etc) are in the game to make a profit, we can then have a sensible discussion about the pros and cons of this - the potential advantages and pitfalls of having an investor owner - but we never get that far because there are still loads of people who think that investors come in and give away their money. The truth is that in most (not all) cases they take pretty stringent measures to ensure that they don't lose out - it's why you often see grounds sold to their owners (through a holding company) or loans taken out against the football club - not using the owners money.

Sure, this is a middle ground view I can get on board with. I think perhaps there are more billionaires prepared to take a gamble on a club than you may think, like us putting a grand on a horse, may win big may lose but a bit of excitement along the way. It seems to be that even when things don’t go well there is another willing to pick up the pieces when it comes to the top 25-30 clubs. Newcastle is good example, Ashley got bored and welcomed buyers,  may have taken couple of years but found one. 

39 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Agreed, wholly inappropriate to link the two subjects. 
State sponsored assassination isn’t solely the prerogative of Arab states by the way, (it seems loads of posters have the proof the CIA have been trying to find for years regarding the aforementioned journo, maybe pass it on for the sake of those on life sentences). We have Russian and Iranian billionaire owners already, and of course plenty from countries who still practice capital punishment for crimes in their country.

Jesus! Are you really that ignorant of the evidence regarding the Khashoggi murder? The Turkish government secretly recorded the whole event and even the SA government doesn't dispute it, it just decided to sacrifice the agents it sent to carry it out. The are plenty of documentaries that explain what happened. Try this one for starters:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dissident-Omar-Abdulaziz/dp/B091BPVQBY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3IR2Z4BMZDEIU&dchild=1&keywords=khashoggi&qid=1633782217&s=instant-video&sprefix=khas%2Cinstant-video%2C192&sr=1-3

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Please don’t put words into my mouth.  It certainly wasn’t me that raised the subject of “beneficent” billionaires.  I’m enough of a realist to understand that billionaires don’t amass their vast fortunes by simply giving away large chunks of it.  

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Wow... tough guy nearly using a rude word.

Grow up and save he cancel culture drivel for the classroom.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

The EFL should now be talking about breaking away themselves - rediscovering the game, divorcing from anything to do with EPL, UEFA and FIFA, introducing salary caps, streaming games for free etc.

I’d love this. 

29 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Wow... tough guy nearly using a rude word.

Grow up and save he cancel culture drivel for the classroom.

I'm not sure blatant sexism is your cancel culture gone mad gammon rubbish,  but each to their own.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Three months?! I give him a week. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Three months?! I give him a week. 

A week!!!, I wont give him the steam off my Pi$$.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the Magpies were buying Lewis and Murphy. Now they are linked with Mbappe, Coutinho etc. Might pop down Penzance and see if I can scrounge one of their shirts and talk with a geordie accent.