49 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

We’ve got our club back!🤣🤣🤣.

I’d rather have Delia Smith instead of a corrupt organisation.

Fit and proper persons.

Time for Delia to give Ming the Merciless a ring perhaps.

• Haha 2

The strange thing is the Newcastle fans might have to be very grateful to Mr Ashley for not spending (by Premier league standards) any money. Ffp I belive is over 3 years so if I'm right by spending a lot less than they all wanted him to  the new owners now have huge wiggle room to do 3 years worth of spending in one go. Everton as seen this season have now had to be very careful after their 3 years of chucking money around. If I'm wrong about how ffp works then ignore everything I've said. 

Have they been linked with any of our players recently? This will add at least another 10m onto their or any others players club they try to buy.

I originally thought when Man City was first taken over that their fans would hate it. Like Newcastle now they were a club stuck in a rut but had a loyal working class, localized fanbase and they have happily embraced everything that's come their way even with all the dodgy goings on in the middle east (I'm aware this is different to Newcastles ownership) I imagine Newcastle will be the same despite also being a primarily working class, low income fanbase, you'd think they would have a huge issue with those that exploit those at the bottom of whatever society they happen to be in but it just goes to show that everyone has a price than can make them forget their integrity. 

Anyway this is just going to get more and more out of control, other clubs will now pay more to compete with this level of fianance and there's not a thing the authorities can do about it unless we can magically get every nation on earth to agree to a wage or spending cap. If we carry on with this model of producing good young players and keep doing it well like we have now I honestly think in a decade or so we'll sell our first 100m player and that won't be too much of a big deal either because it will become the new 30m by that point 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

So ironic so hear chants of ‘Howay the lads!’ Ever more meaningless. Lads as in mercenary footballers or the sort that go on trips to murder political opponents? 
It’s awful this has been approved. More and more corrupt, unfit and improper it could not be. PL fawning to that regime. Never been more happy to have Delia and Michael. 

• Like 2

There's a real issue that the Premier League signed off on morally devoid scum owning an English football club with its history and heritage.

Its not hard to feel like the Premier League might not be the place to be. Newcastle are going to drive up the prices of quality players considerably as whilst they build a squad they'll only be able to attract talent to them over champions league clubs with huge wages.

100% rather never enter the Prem again than be owned by these lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

But I thought there wasn’t any investment to be had????

Oh there is if you don't give a single toss for humanity, morals or basic human decency. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's a real issue that the Premier League signed off on morally devoid scum owning an English football club with its history and heritage.

Its not hard to feel like the Premier League might not be the place to be. Newcastle are going to drive up the prices of quality players considerably as whilst they build a squad they'll only be able to attract talent to them over champions league clubs with huge wages.

100% rather never enter the Prem again than be owned by these lot.

I don't know, what have the saudis done really? I mean, aside from create the most exreme form of islam that has led to thousands being killed in terorr attacks, funded the 9/11 hijackers supposedly, have pretty much slavery by any other name going on in their country, behead people for witchcraft.. But you know, they have money so who cares! 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Wtf?

Since the 50s... 330'000 kids were abused by the Catholic Priests in France. Don't know why anyone  would what to be a part of that organisation. 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I know that but to turn against 1.5 billion people because of that? I guess people don't like 2.9 billion Muslims because...

I turned against the organisation that has allowed a culture of abuse to thrive around the world and ignored the facts, preferring to protect the pedophiles within their organisation. An organisation that allowed aids to spread in the poorest countries because of their hatred of contraception. Millions have died or suffered because of the Catholic church. 

The point, is that whilst I loathe the Saudi rulers, the morale indignation and criticism of Newcastle fans could quite easily be asked of someone who is a member of an organisation such as the Catholic church... In my opinion. 

Its a clumsy attempt at a balanced argument.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know, what have the saudis done really? I mean, aside from create the most exreme form of islam that has led to thousands being killed in terorr attacks, funded the 9/11 hijackers supposedly, have pretty much slavery by any other name going on in their country, behead people for witchcraft.. But you know, they have money so who cares! 😉

The Saudi's can do whatever they like whilst they keep taking dollars for oil. It allows keeps the dollar strong and the American's can print money and get oil. Aka The Petro Dollar.

Nations like Libya and Iraq, made public announcements they were going to use the Euro, or an alternative currency and were invaded. Whilst you can make claims of humans rights etc.

Qaddafi's threatened attempt to establish an independent African currency was not taken lightly by Western interests. In 2011, Sarkozy reportedly called the Libyan leader a threat to the financial security of the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro

Poor old Newcastle indeed. How do you think Sunderland fans are feeling based on this news? 

The amount of either xenophobia or simply masked jealousy is off the scale. If overnight our club was to become richer than all the European clubs put together the moral indignation concerning the differences in culture would be drowned out in a second by the sound of cry’s for Salah, Mbappe and Kane to be signed in January. That’s Watford and Newcastle safe from the drop now.

44 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

And yes I would rather have Delia than the Saudi's as owner of our club.

But then she's a Catholic

But then you knew that

Didn't you.

"I'd rather have Delia" listen to yourselves 😂 it's no wonder this club never goes anywhere.

This is why we will never achieve anything. Going up to the Prem every other year isn't an achievement if you don't build on it.

I'm not saying we'd need a takeover as huge as this one but christ, our fans are so dead to new ideas, investment and ambition and it shows on this thread! "I'd rather have Delia", well if you're a fan of zero progress, never winning anything and constantly being back at square one then why wouldn't you? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

"I'd rather have Delia" listen to yourselves 😂 it's no wonder this club never goes anywhere.

This is why we will never achieve anything. Going up to the Prem every other year isn't an achievement if you don't build on it.

I'm not saying we'd need a takeover as huge as this one but christ, our fans are so dead to new ideas, investment and ambition and it shows on this thread! "I'd rather have Delia", well if you're a fan of zero progress, never winning anything and constantly being back at square one then why wouldn't you? 

There's a little gap between being happy with new owners and not being happy with morally corrupt murderers. 

Its each to their own of course, some people don't have a conscious etc.

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But then you knew that

Didn't you.

Of course I did... That's not the point. Anyway, I am sure Newcastle fans are very happy tonight. 

43 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There's a little gap between being happy with new owners and not being happy with morally corrupt murderers. 

Its each to their own of course, some people don't have a conscious etc.

So all Newcastle fans happy with the takeover are complicit with the Saudi government actions?

49 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But then you knew that

Didn't you.

Genuinely not having a go, just saying it's easy to find reasons to criticise any owner... Poorly in hindsight

It’s a weird one really. Putting aside the reprehensible human rights stuff for a moment, this is another enormously wealthy owner into the Premier League. No doubt we’ll hear all the usual guff about investment, establishing themselves at the top table blah blah blah. Yet the reality is that the more of these people that come into the league, the more difficult it gets to do that. If NewSandCastle think they’re pushing for top 6, then which giant is dipping out? Man C, Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool are likely to have the Champions League spots sewn up, then there are the North London duo who undoubtedly still have CL Qualification as a season goal and then there’s Leicester, while the likes of West Ham and Everton sniff about a bit. Throw Newcastle into that and there’s then ten clubs competing for what? 7 places in Europe? We already know that the current big clubs don’t want any more of this because they like the virtual guarantee of European football, it helps their budget planning no end. I’m a bit surprised that the Premier League are ok with it: ultimately they flog the product - worldwide - on the popularity of the perceived big clubs with presence in foreign markets, it’s best for them if the Manchester/Liverpool/Chelsea domination continues. Overseas fans are far more likely to commit to a product if they watch their team win (I have no evidence of this, it’s a wild assumption based on glory hunters), so increased competition for those sides must be a potential negative. 

I suppose the other point is that if these obscenely rich folk keep picking up clubs, eventually there will be 20 in the Prem owned by these people. And then three of them will get relegated. I do wonder if, as more of these owners come in, if their money can no longer “guarantee success” and champagne European nights etc, it might just accelerate the first ones getting bored and pulling the plug. We can but hope.

Of course, the flip side of this is that the more people with a few billion quid to Chuck at a football team there are, the more difficult it is for everyone else. What that means for Norwich City is anyone’s guess.

What I will say is that if our fans were making complaints and protest videos over a few girls chomping on hot dogs, I can’t even begin to imagine the outrage if the Maktoums or someone tried to hoover us up!!

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So all Newcastle fans happy with the takeover are complicit with the Saudi government actions?

According to a survey of their fans only a tiny majority of their fans… 93% were in favour of the take over so clearly only 7% of Gerodies have a moral backbone (which seems about the opposite to the reaction here). Or maybe some of our fans would change their tune if it happened to us.

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Genuinely not having a go, just saying it's easy to find reasons to criticise any owner... Poorly in hindsight

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Kenny Foggo was a Catholic. There's been loads of great Canary Catholics over the years. It shouldn't matter.

I bet you'd be up for signing Messi and Ronaldo.

Just now, Son Ova Gunn said:

According to a survey of their fans only a tiny majority of their fans… 93% were in favour of the take over so clearly only 7% of Gerodies have a moral backbone. Or maybe some of our fans would change their tune if it happened to us.

First policy, No Alcohol. 

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Not complicit no, but more than happy to drop any morals they might have had if it means more money for their football club.

Like I say, for some thats how they're wired. I do think, just from reading this forum vs a Newcastle forum, that we are blessed with a fanbase which does have more of a moral compass than most. 

Does it hinder us? Maybe, I can't see our fans letting this sort of takeover happen but then again maybe the subset of this forum isn't representative? Id personally be disgusted if our owners sold out to these people.

17 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It would depend if the owner was complicit I guess. I assume Marcus Evans is English but that doesn't mean all English people are complicit with arms dealing and ticket touting...

No wonder people are taking the juice out of us at the moment

its a game for stinking rich owners yet we are stuck with the cook and a future with nepotism Tom

It’s sad to see how we are being held back whilst other clubs with vision are moving forward 

31 minutes ago, Baracouda said:

First policy, No Alcohol. 

Really, must of missed the bit in the press release that said all Newcastle fans must convert to a Muslim religion. Can’t wait to see Alan Shearer in a Kufi.