Sign in to follow this  

Brighton have had a less challenging first 7 matches with Leicester, Everton and Arsenal the only top teams they have faced. They managed 2 shots on target out of 21 chances at home against Arsenal in a 0-0 draw but seem fairly consistent in their play and will certainly start as favourites but my guess would be something like our game against Leicester, though we've improved since then.

They might choose to take him out of the firing line, as it were. Obviously, he hasn’t been convicted of anything as of yet but you’d expect there to be a lot of negative press around him and that fans would be on his case relentlessly. 

Or they might stand by him. Yet that could, potentially, come back to haunt them depending on outcomes. Who knows? It’s clear that I don’t!! 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They might choose to take him out of the firing line, as it were. Obviously, he hasn’t been convicted of anything as of yet but you’d expect there to be a lot of negative press around him and that fans would be on his case relentlessly. 

Or they might stand by him. Yet that could, potentially, come back to haunt them depending on outcomes. Who knows? It’s clear that I don’t!! 

Yep, just seen this. He's one of their best players but given that he's been arrested and the nature of the allegations, there's no way in hell that he'll be playing next weekend.

45 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So someone’s posted something dodgy about the arrested Brighton player ?

Duncan’s posts usually make sense ( sort of ) 😉

I presume the player was named in the post.

9 hours ago, kick it off said:

Yep, just seen this. He's one of their best players but given that he's been arrested and the nature of the allegations, there's no way in hell that he'll be playing next weekend.

If it is who is suggested i'm not sure he's been playing recently anyway as has been injured but yes he's certainly one of their best players. Lets hope it causes some disruption.

To be fair, the player's identity is in the public domain which negates the need for deleting posts imo.

He certainly is their best player and may well affect their performance next week.

Before the Arsenal game Brighton had conceded the least amount of shots in the Premier League, not sure if that stat still stands but we are toothless up front and don't create enough, Brighton look good going forward can only see one result in this I'm afraid! 

I don't think the player's identity is really in question; there are videos online of him being led away from the nightclub in handcuffs.

After the flak Sunderland got over Johnson and Man City over Mendy, with both clubs fielding the players whilst they knew they were under investigation even if it wasn't made public, would Brighton really risk playing him with this going on? Hopefully not.

45 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Before the Arsenal game Brighton had conceded the least amount of shots in the Premier League, not sure if that stat still stands but we are toothless up front and don't create enough, Brighton look good going forward can only see one result in this I'm afraid! 

BOOOOO!!! 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't think the player's identity is really in question; there are videos online of him being led away from the nightclub in handcuffs.

After the flak Sunderland got over Johnson and Man City over Mendy, with both clubs fielding the players whilst they knew they were under investigation even if it wasn't made public, would Brighton really risk playing him with this going on? Hopefully not.

Actually, if they did play him he'd be under so much pressure, as fans we'd definitely have some targeted chants in his direction..... might not be such a bad thing.

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

To be fair, the player's identity is in the public domain which negates the need for deleting posts imo.

He certainly is their best player and may well affect their performance next week.

Totally agree. 

If, as I did, people are posting links to mainstream online sites which name the individual, that shouldn't be a problem and necessitate the need for post deletion. 

I do however also agree that there is no place for speculation.  100% innocent until proven guilty. 

Has Sargent got the Goals in him ? 

i think if we can i would play Cantwell . Gilmour 

instead of Sargent and Mclean 

Cantwell can score in the PL and can do a little Magic Gilmour also has that magic touch to unleash Pukki 

we have to score or Create chances to have any chance of winning and staying up 

It's basically impossible to have reporting restrictions nowadays with the invention if the internet. One person takes a photo of him in handcuffs and posts it anywhere, and even if no British outlet would touch it, it can be published in Germany, Ireland, the USA or Tanzania without any fear of repercussions. Given the international interest in the premier league, that inevitably happens.

It's the same as election day reporting. France has incredibly strict laws about what can be said on the day of an already in election about how it's proceeding, much like our own. 

So all French political obsessives just go on the websites of the Belgian newspapers, who can publish whatever they like.

If after this news, there was a better time to play Brighton at home this season, I'm not sure when that would be.

Fingers crossed we can capitalise on it. 

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So someone’s posted something dodgy about the arrested Brighton player ?

Duncan’s posts usually make sense ( sort of ) 😉

It was my thread. I said in the thread the player could not be named but then a couple of posters were very quick to ignore me and name him..

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It was my thread. I said in the thread the player could not be named but then a couple of posters were very quick to ignore me and name him..

That's not quite 100% true Cambridge. 

Some of us posted links to the national press that named the player, where as your original link had twitter footage of the 'arrest'

Not a great difference is there? 

• Haha 1