26 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

.......but,apart from the obsessive desire to raise your post count,yours do largely have the merit of occasionally being based of fact 😉

😅😇👍

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Krul, Aaron's, Normann, Cantwell and Pukki would get into most PL sides I'd reckon. I'm also sure a few would have been interested in Rashica and Tzolis. I'd say the rest could but probably wouldn't. Omobomadiele looks like he'll potentially make it at this level but it's still early days for him

You think those 5 players get into most PL sides? Squads maybe but no way do those players get in many PL starting 11s. 

Wants a debate and when people answer him, he insults them. I’ve got no time for people like that in my life. You are the weakest link-Goodbye 👋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Wants a debate and when people answer him, he insults them. I’ve got no time for people like that in my life. You are the weakest link-Goodbye 👋

Mr Angry living up to his name there! 

54 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I just explained - can’t you read? I want to know who thinks we have a chance and, if so, which players they think can play at the required level consistently. It’s a debate forum - I’m debating football. Why did you ask? 

But you are not debating anything new. Nothing at all. It's the same stuff all the time. We know what you think and it's not that your views aren't welcome, it's that this must be the 197th thread where you are banging on the same drum.

We know we haven't scored many, we know we haven't had a good start, we know a scoreless draw against Burnley isn't a world beating result, but it's clearly progress. 

If this thread had been about how this was an improvement but not enough so how do we kick on, it would be worth a read, but it's just "god aren't we bad".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Time to gel? Sheesh- always an excuse with the clappers…we had a bad preseason, we had injuries, we lost money due to Covid, we need time to gel…

Meanwhile I just saw on Twitter the utter embarrassment that the “goal for September” competition had to be widened to the under 23s and youth teams because we have only scored the one in open play. 

hobestly people ask why I am negative…why wouldn’t you be? There is honestly very little positive to pull out of this season so far - despite the promise we would be competitive this time. One measly draw and only that because we have parked the bus and subbed all the players we spent money on. 

Why did I start the thread? Because I was interested to see who else can see how bereft of the necessary standard we are. I was interested to debate which of our players can make the grade. But all we get from most posters here is attacks if we dare criticise and excuse after excuse for the worst start ever to a season for us - and one of the worst ever runs in the premier division 

I think 'time to gel' is a perfectly reasonable point with so many new players and a lack of a proper preseason. Even in our two amazing title winning seasons, we were slow to get going while Farke worked out the best team and fine-tuned the tactics. Given the high player turnover, change in base formations, Covid-hit squad and tougher opposition, it's no wonder that's exacerbated this season. I'm reasonably confident we will improve as the season goes on - let's just hope it's in time to get enough points on the board to keep us up!

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I just explained - can’t you read? I want to know who thinks we have a chance and, if so, which players they think can play at the required level consistently. It’s a debate forum - I’m debating football. Why did you ask? 

I asked because your posts are a variation on a theme and you have had numerous "debates" on the same subject and I couldn't see what there was in this post that was particularly different to your other posts hence my question. I understand that you think the board are rubbish, the team are rubbish, our new signings are rubbish, Farke is rubbish and we are going to get relegated and you have every right to express those views, I am just not sure what you get out of basically posting the same thing over and over and over again. We agree on one thing mind, I think we will be relegated because we will not score enough goals, I think I said as much on one of the plethora of posts on the subject, none of what you post is particularly new or original........

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Oh goody, another thread about how bad we are. Yawn. 

This is a new desperation for attention though. Krul and Pukki are championship "at best" suggesting they might even fit from a stint in the third tier now.

The absolute state of the OP 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

This is a new desperation for attention though. Krul and Pukki are championship "at best" suggesting they might even fit from a stint in the third tier now.

The absolute state of the OP 😅

Well,at least his username is entirely fitting .................Dean Coney's boots never really served a useful purpose when it came to the subject of football 🤫

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Meanwhile I just saw on Twitter the utter embarrassment that the “goal for September” competition had to be widened to the under 23s and youth teams because we have only scored the one in open play. 

Come on guys. Surely it's not just Dean CB that finds this utterly humiliating?

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

one goal in open play- 1 point out of 51- cheering a goalless draw. It’s going to be a long season 

huge part of the problem is, I fear, that our players are simply not good enough at this level. Honestly which of our current squad would cut the grade at a mid table premiership side? 

for me Pukki is ageing now and champ at best. Same with Krul. I think aside from Aarons, Normann (possibly) and Todd  (again maybe) the others would all struggle. some will improve - but so far the money looks to have been rather badly spent this window has we needed players for today not tomorrow 

I think we are in a mini league now with Burnley Newcastle and Watford fighting for 17th spot. I think Leeds, Palace and Southampton will do enough. As for which players of ours are premier league quality i'd go for: 

Krul, Aarons, Kabak, Giannoulis, Normann and give ginger Pele a few more games and I think he will make the grade.

I still think the recruitment was good but there was no guarantee how these new players would deal with the step up, some have done well, others not so well. 

No point fretting about it though it is what it is   

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

I think we are in a mini league now with Burnley Newcastle and Watford fighting for 17th spot. I think Leeds, Palace and Southampton will do enough. As for which players of ours are premier league quality i'd go for: 

Krul, Aarons, Kabak, Giannoulis, Normann and give ginger Pele a few more games and I think he will make the grade.

I still think the recruitment was good but there was no guarantee how these new players would deal with the step up, some have done well, others not so well. 

No point fretting about it though it is what it is   

I agree. And I think they will deal with the PL and that we'll pull away from the bottom three. 

I think Bootsie and his poodle think so too. That's why they're making hay now.

Supporting a football team is a weird phenomenon. Folk spend thousands following their team blindly and in almost every case, find themselves utterly disappointed with the experience. The bin dippers went 30 years without winning the league, United almost as long between the late 60s and early 90s. Spurs haven’t won the league for, I think, nearly 60 years. Arsenal are a shadow of the Wenger years. Teams have some spells of success and if you supported Man U in the Fergie years, it was probably a very comfortable sofa that you were sat on. 

Yet for all the billions of pounds spent, the fans of which clubs are satisfied? Really? 

No more than a handful at best. The fans of every club “deserve better”; Forest still think their rivals are the big “red” clubs, even the scum think they have some divine right to something better because they had a half decent team for 5 years. It’s nonsense. 

Leicester winning the league gave all these “want more” fans a platform but it was a freak result. It’s unlikely to be replicated anytime soon. Admittedly, thirty years ago it would have been hard to think that Man City or Leicester would have been winning the league and forty years back, Chelsea weren’t much more than we are now. Back then you saw the likes of QPR, Watford and Southampton finishing top end of the top division, Christ, we finished top 6 four times (I think…). But the Premier League we signed up to changed everything in the favour of the “big eaters” - which we perhaps mistakenly thought we were one - and unless something changes drastically, we’re unlikely to get back there, especially first season up.

In terms of being a Premier League side, we’re there or thereabouts. For all the miserablist lily-livered whining, we are competing. We’ve been genuinely outclassed by the best two sides in the country but been largely in the other games. They haven’t gone our way but for all the bleating we haven’t been embarrassed. Those that feel that way watch their football on Twitter, or at least taper their reactions based on social media.

The reality is that we’re one of the, what, dozen sides that have a chance of being relegated? The same as Palace, Wolves, Burnley…. Or the “why aren’t we’s” of the past like Sheffield United.

Of course, we’d love to be “established” but it’s an unrealistic expectation and the closest we got in the Prem era was the Lambert/Hughton years. Two years survival and survival was no longer enough. Push the boat out, stretch your boundaries….what about Europe….

And that’s being a football fan. For all those that say repeated survival would be enough, it wouldn’t be. Like sacking Hughton for Adams gave us our Norwich back. Like playing entertaining football under Neil “would be enough and the results wouldn’t matter as long as it was exciting”; it’s all horse****. This year we’ve already gone from having our greatest ever transfer window to buying “substandard” players and in a week we’ve gone from “not showing passion or fight” to putting in a performance full of it and subsequently being criticised for “abandoning our identity”.

Any excuse to jump off at the deep end. If only some of our fans could show the resilience, grit and determination they demand from the players. Or at least until they do show those qualities, then it’s another stick to beat them with…

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Supporting a football team is a weird phenomenon. Folk spend thousands following their team blindly and in almost every case, find themselves utterly disappointed with the experience.

To an exstent but that's mainly when you focus purely on the football matches, like people tend to on football forums. As cheesy as it sounds the football match itself is only a small part of going to football. The coming together of you and your friends and family and then the wider fanbase and community. I think it's a primal thing.

Yet for all the billions of pounds spent, the fans of which clubs are satisfied? Really? 

No more than a handful at best. The fans of every club “deserve better”; Forest still think their rivals are the big “red” clubs, even the scum think they have some divine right to something better because they had a half decent team for 5 years. It’s nonsense. 

I think a majority probably are satisfied enough, even if they do complain about everything. A contradiction but it is only natural to want more.

And that’s being a football fan. For all those that say repeated survival would be enough, it wouldn’t be. Like sacking Hughton for Adams gave us our Norwich back. Like playing entertaining football under Neil “would be enough and the results wouldn’t matter as long as it was exciting”; it’s all horse****. This year we’ve already gone from having our greatest ever transfer window to buying “substandard” players and in a week we’ve gone from “not showing passion or fight” to putting in a performance full of it and subsequently being criticised for “abandoning our identity”.

Any excuse to jump off at the deep end. If only some of our fans could show the resilience, grit and determination they demand from the players. Or at least until they do show those qualities, then it’s another stick to beat them with…

I'd be interested to hear some of the thoughts of the older posters on here but It feels to me like the reactionary aspect of football fans is getting worse and worse. Possibly just a side effect of social media, making every **** think their ****e opinion matters. I honestly think a lot of the moaning on twitter stems from stems from the fact that spouting it gets you interactions. The TalkSport aspect of the fanbase farming hearts. I also think a lot of people that do that sort of stuff are probably too young to have actually experienced Norwich in a properly bad place.

I don't get the misery merchant mentality myself. Feels like a lot of them on here (not including the obvious wums or binners) would rather see failure so they can say that they told you so over succeeding.

Thoughts for 3am.

7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

To an exstent but that's mainly when you focus purely on the football matches, like people tend to on football forums. As cheesy as it sounds the football match itself is only a small part of going to football. The coming together of you and your friends and family and then the wider fanbase and community. I think it's a primal thing.

I think a majority probably are satisfied enough, even if they do complain about everything. A contradiction but it is only natural to want more.

I'd be interested to hear some of the thoughts of the older posters on here but It feels to me like the reactionary aspect of football fans is getting worse and worse. Possibly just a side effect of social media, making every **** think their ****e opinion matters. I honestly think a lot of the moaning on twitter stems from stems from the fact that spouting it gets you interactions. The TalkSport aspect of the fanbase farming hearts. I also think a lot of people that do that sort of stuff are probably too young to have actually experienced Norwich in a properly bad place.

I don't get the misery merchant mentality myself. Feels like a lot of them on here (not including the obvious wums or binners) would rather see failure so they can say that they told you so over succeeding.

Thoughts for 3am.

Cyberspace has enabled fans who never had much of a voice as recently as, say, 15 or 20 years ago, and that would have been most of them, to have one now. That has its miserabilist downside but it also means they are better informed now on, for example, the financial realities clubs face and whether they are being run well or badly.

Derby County supporters are right up to speed on how they got into that mess and what can and cannot be done about it. And cyberspace  also means that organising a campaign against the owners of a badly-run club is now vastly easier than it was only a decade or so ago.

15 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

And the Women's team.  Personally I thought it was great to see them get exposure - Prefer to see more of this even if we were flying high.

....I can certainly think of more embarrassing things.