one goal in open play- 1 point out of 51- cheering a goalless draw. It’s going to be a long season 

huge part of the problem is, I fear, that our players are simply not good enough at this level. Honestly which of our current squad would cut the grade at a mid table premiership side? 

for me Pukki is ageing now and champ at best. Same with Krul. I think aside from Aarons, Normann (possibly) and Todd  (again maybe) the others would all struggle. some will improve - but so far the money looks to have been rather badly spent this window has we needed players for today not tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Krul, Aaron's, Normann, Cantwell and Pukki would get into most PL sides I'd reckon. I'm also sure a few would have been interested in Rashica and Tzolis. I'd say the rest could but probably wouldn't. Omobomadiele looks like he'll potentially make it at this level but it's still early days for him

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

one goal in open play- 1 point out of 51- cheering a goalless draw. It’s going to be a long season 

huge part of the problem is, I fear, that our players are simply not good enough at this level. Honestly which of our current squad would cut the grade at a mid table premiership side? 

for me Pukki is ageing now and champ at best. Same with Krul. I think aside from Aarons, Normann (possibly) and Todd  (again maybe) the others would all struggle. some will improve - but so far the money looks to have been rather badly spent this window has we needed players for today not tomorrow 

And in other news DCB couldn't  see  that his repetitive  mantra may, if he's not careful,  take over his persona and he may not be that little sunbeam of joy that  he usually is. 

I am so glad I share  no space with you other than this one.  What are you like if the shoite really hits the fan?All of a sudden becone a beacon of strength and positive  usefulness?

You decide. 

He only made a small appearance on saturday. Worried he may have been a bit ill.

No one is cheering a goalless draw...well most aren't. We're cheering seeing the team succeed where it so often failed in matching Burnley up physically and mentally, improving our defensive solidity, ending the losing run and it seemingly finally clicking to the players and coaches that what you do off the ball is just important as what you do on it. We're cheering the green shoots of recovery. If we're still playing like that by November then nobody will be happy of course and we need to sharpen up our passing and the new players need to learn each others movements and runs sharpish but that was much better on Saturday.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Been as critical of the results as the next fan but not sure you can say on one hand Farke is proving to be out of his depth and incapable of getting results in the PL and then on the other say he has virtually no PL quality players. If it’s the case that Farke is incapable of getting results in the PL with championship quality players then it’s a bit harsh to call for a change.

Enough quality to stand a fighting chance, just almost all out of form/confidence/familiarity/motivation or just general understanding of what’s being asked of them.

6 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

No one is cheering a goalless draw...well most aren't. We're cheering seeing the team succeed where it so often failed in matching Burnley up physically and mentally, improving our defensive solidity, ending the losing run and it seemingly finally clicking to the players and coaches that what you do off the ball is just important as what you do on it. We're cheering the green shoots of recovery. If we're still playing like that by November then nobody will be happy of course and we need to sharpen up our passing and the new players need to learn each others movements and runs sharpish but that was much better on Saturday.

this and the fact, it was last game before international break. Would have been a long two weeks for everyone to be P7L7. Hopefully, gives the squad and coaching department something to work with over this period.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

that is kind of the point - am really struggling to be positive because I just can’t see where the goals will come from playing like this. 

We know, you've  said. More than once. Give it a rest, have you no idea how your brain works? Keep repeating  that negative  shoite and it will just reinforce how you feel.  And round it goes again. 

I'm beginning  to suspect that  you enjoy  wallowing  in misery.... otherwise you'd actually  DO SOMETHING  ABOUT IT....rather than just whinge.  

7 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

that is kind of the point - am really struggling to be positive because I just can’t see where the goals will come from playing like this. 

However, despite your struggle, if you get behind the lads and have some hope (if not belief) then there’s more chance things will turn around….   If you keep throwing in pointless negative threads and winding up the impatient, you’re just being divisive  and counter productive!    Keep the faith, like it or not, this is a rebuild since there’s too many players to integrate…. It’ll take a while!

37 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Omobamidele has what it takes when he gets onto the pitch and I think Max has gone backwards a little lately. On the whole it was a Poundland transfer window in the hope of finding one or two gems when it takes eleven good ones to make up a decent PL side.

27 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Oh goody, another thread about how bad we are. Yawn. 

More like yet another "Look at Me ........pleeeeeeeeeeeeease" thread 🙄

48 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So after the 5th October 2021 we dont need the players? 🤣👀

New players take time to gel. New systems take time to gel. There's literally no evidence that this is our long term system and players, in fact there is evidence which states the opposite. I'm paraphrasing but Farke essentially said we're doing this to stop the rot.

Surely it isn't too hard to imagine that confidence will have been low and a clean sheet, however ugly, would have been a massive boost.

We'll go into Brighton with 2 more weeks practice of a new system and more confident. So even if the same 11 did start (I think it will be tweaked in the front areas slightly) I'd fancy us to create more.

Stop being pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And there I was thinking I'm the king of making those threads

.......but,apart from the obsessive desire to raise your post count,yours do largely have the merit of being based of fact 😉

Time to gel? Sheesh- always an excuse with the clappers…we had a bad preseason, we had injuries, we lost money due to Covid, we need time to gel…

Meanwhile I just saw on Twitter the utter embarrassment that the “goal for September” competition had to be widened to the under 23s and youth teams because we have only scored the one in open play. 

hobestly people ask why I am negative…why wouldn’t you be? There is honestly very little positive to pull out of this season so far - despite the promise we would be competitive this time. One measly draw and only that because we have parked the bus and subbed all the players we spent money on. 

Why did I start the thread? Because I was interested to see who else can see how bereft of the necessary standard we are. I was interested to debate which of our players can make the grade. But all we get from most posters here is attacks if we dare criticise and excuse after excuse for the worst start ever to a season for us - and one of the worst ever runs in the premier division 

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Why have you started this thread?..............

I just explained - can’t you read? I want to know who thinks we have a chance and, if so, which players they think can play at the required level consistently. It’s a debate forum - I’m debating football. Why did you ask? 

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Why did I start the thread? Because I was interested to see who else can see how bereft of the necessary standard we are. I was interested to debate which of our players can make the grade. But all we get from most posters here is attacks if we dare criticise and excuse after excuse for the worst start ever to a season for us - and one of the worst ever runs in the premier division 

This is a bit of an odd statement. As you so happily point out to others, you have been negative since day one of pre-season. That only changed with the signing of Normann when you praised the summer recruitment drive. By your own admission, that lasted a short time and you have gone back to type... you have been nothing but constantly negative all the time.

You continually use terms like "happy clapper" to dismiss other people's views. You ask but then dismiss. Why don't you just say you want to hear people agreeing with every word you share? Because that is precisely how it comes across.

Time to gel isn't just about pre-season. It's been pointed out before that we signed three players within the last two to three days of the transfer window. That was one month and 6 days ago. Those players being Kabak, Normann and Williams. I make that about five to six weeks. Kabak and Normann were both away on international duty for two of those. That means they have had 3-4 weeks training with the squad, settling into their new surroundings, forming friendships and bonding as a team. Usually, that's all done in pre-season. They arrived when the season had started.

And on that matter, Sargent and Tzolis arrived around two weeks prior, at the beginning of the season, too soon for the first game. Again, both were involved in internationals so have been with the squad a couple of weeks longer. Add into that other players like Gilmore, Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Giannoulis, McLean, Pukki, Idah, Omobamidele etc were also all away as well, it doesn't leave much in the way of what you could call core players to help get all of that going.

For me, the timing of this is a bit odd. People want to play down a draw away to Burnley, but there will be sides higher up the table that will lose and struggle to get more than a point at Turf Moore. Lets wait and see what the next game brings before we jump on the negative train again - especially before you start your "I want to hear other opinions" whilst slagging off the ones you have asked for before, countless times.

• Haha 1

I don't like the phrase 'time to gel' but if you but the reality is we signed a lot of players and we're playing new systems. 2 key players that were here last season aren't this.  It's not like this is a Norwich thing either, even elite clubs with far better players than ours take time in adapting to new styles.

I wonder if you were one of those calling for Farke's head after the Derby loss last season.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Give it a rest, countless other ‘experts’ have already said the same thing in the same tedious and patronizing manner. It is SO Boring. And pathetic.  The problem is our players aren’t good enough 🥱 bla bla bla. FFS. 

I think it’s pretty tin pot and little old Norwich to be going after the squad. Again. After a positive result. In the first week of October.

57 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Missed you at the weekend

• Haha 1