Commonsense

Chelsea away sold out.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm behiiiiiind you!!!

After his earlier post, I hope not corkio 

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

So it IS all about you then !! Just using others as a smokescreen. 

Ethics?  ..Hmmmmm.... how very Boris of you. 

Perhaps some of the Clubs more modestly paid employees would have liked to have invested but needed a little more time to get the money together which may also have been true of many fans. Yet 2 of the Clubs most highly paid employees who had all the advantages of greater access to how it was going put themselves in the frame. Very Johnsonian of them plus some board members likewise.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps some of the Clubs more modestly paid employees would have liked to have invested but needed a little more time to get the money together which may also have been true of many fans. Yet 2 of the Clubs most highly paid employees who had all the advantages of greater access to how it was going put themselves in the frame. Very Johnsonian of them plus some board members likewise.

Jealous much? Thought so. The rules were clear.  If you missed out, tough shoite. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jealous much? Thought so. The rules were clear.  If you missed out, tough shoite. 

I guess Steve Stone was the rule setter. He invested too. That is a bit like the referee wearing the shirt of one of the teams. 

Refunds to all the supporters who travelled to see that shower today, but not just the match day tickets but also the travel and hotel expenses.

9 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I do almost all away games haven’t missed one this season

the amount of new people I haven’t seen before is unreal

something very funny is going on with the ticket allocation! 

It never ceases to amaze me how many '' new faces ' you see at away games and with today being my 4th game it was i am sorry to say no exception especially as it was virtually exclusively Groups 1 & 2.

Just now, KernowCanary said:

Refunds to all the supporters who travelled to see that shower today, but not just the match day tickets but also the travel and hotel expenses.

Sounds a good idea to me. And refund all away members fees. No benefit to me as I haven't paid though should role it back to 201920 too. A garbage scheme which no one ever supported.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how many '' new faces ' you see at away games and with today being my 4th game it was i am sorry to say no exception especially as it was virtually exclusively Groups 1 & 2.

I am struggling to follow. If they are all genuinely in Groups 1 and 2 they can't be new unless something else is going on. Equally I can assure that there are other regular attendees in the past who have joined me in voting with our feet on the away members scheme.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am struggling to follow. If they are all genuinely in Groups 1 and 2 they can't be new unless something else is going on.

As a fairly regular away attendee over the years believe me there were people there today i have never seen before at away games, quite a lot actually and like you it mystifies me how they qualified for Groups 1 & 2.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

As a fairly regular away attendee over the years believe me there were people there today i have never seen before at away games, quite a lot actually and like you it mystifies me how they qualified for Groups 1 & 2.

Til what was the Feeling from away fans have they totally turned ? or just small groups ?

28 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I guess Steve Stone was the rule setter. He invested too. That is a bit like the referee wearing the shirt of one of the teams. 

You really are quite sad .oh, and boring. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am struggling to follow. If they are all genuinely in Groups 1 and 2 they can't be new unless something else is going on. Equally I can assure that there are other regular attendees in the past who have joined me in voting with our feet on the away members scheme.

I feel there may be a couple on this thread winding you up pal.... 

11 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Lovely atmosphere good loyal crowd today 

9 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I do almost all away games haven’t missed one this season

the amount of new people I haven’t seen before is unreal

something very funny is going on with the ticket allocation! 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Til what was the Feeling from away fans have they totally turned ? or just small groups ?

The ground swell is growing with regard to losing the support of the away following and once you have lost that support there is no coming back. Sad to see but it is history repeating itself as with Worthington, Hughton and Neil.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Because it’s a closed shop. People in Groups 1 or 2 that didn’t want to go today, obtain tickets for pals. They still get credited for the purchase, maintaining their status in said priority groups while you see different faces.

Would be my guess. Match pick maybe too?

Or maybe your memory playing tricks? 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

The ground swell is growing with regard to losing the support of the away following and once you have lost that support there is no coming back. Sad to see but it is history repeating itself as with Worthington, Hughton and Neil.

Thanks Til you are right History tells you once the loyal away fans turn that's only a matter of time 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Thanks Til you are right History tells you once the loyal away fans turn that's only a matter of time 

I think that’s right. Noticeable change since Everton.

We were on the lower tier and tbh the faces were pretty familiar so slightly different perspective in that regard.

I’m not in the Farke out camp but I accept that FCR might be somewhat edgy if Leeds do a job on us too.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So a general conclusion seems to be that when the traditional loyal away support turns, change is in the air yet to a large extent the away support isn't the usual crowd.

Of course my belief is that the Away Members scheme is a symptom of the overall malaise enveloping the Club.

Still history tells us that 25th October is a good day for spontaneous combustion at Carrow Road or maybe a 'who done it"?

So what next? Some sources suggest McNally. If that happens my seat will be empty for home games. Maybe I will even contribute to a fund to help others do likewise. There is no way I will support the destruction of supporters networks or the claiming of more than £1,000  per day bonus in a relegation season.

I believe Daniel Farke and Neil Adams are both good and genuine guys who could learn a lot from working more closely with each other with perhaps some mentoring from Roy Hodgson. Best get it in place quick given next Sunday's crucial game.

Edited by essex canary

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lots of club staff at Chelsea yesterday 

39 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

Lots of club staff at Chelsea yesterday 

Good to see them supporting the Club they work for providing they haven't been complicit in reducing the number of tickets available to the Club's loyal fans.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Good to see them supporting the Club they work for providing they haven't been complicit in reducing the number of tickets available to the Club's loyal fans.

I heard one of them say that despite  never having  been to an away game before,  he was lucky enough to get 6  seats together  for him and his family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

They were possibly rewarded with tickets as a thanks for having to deal with all the e-mails and telephone calls  the club receives from those with an axe to grind.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

They were possibly rewarded with tickets as a thanks for having to deal with all the e-mails and telephone calls  the club receives from those with an axe to grind.

That axe has been ground so much lately its barely a hatchet now.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Judging by your previous postings you are missing the old faces that aren't there!

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Judging by your previous postings you are missing the old faces that aren't there!

The only real miss is Andy Cullen and Alan Bowkett. I confess i do miss Ken Kensell as i was involved with him in an ongoing project which is currently at a standstill since he left.

Have i missed anyone you had in mind ?

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The only real miss is Andy Cullen and Alan Bowkett. I confess i do miss Ken Kensell as i was involved with him in an ongoing project which is currently at a standstill since he left.

Have i missed anyone you had in mind ?

I had understood you to say you were missing the familiar faces amongst the away fans rather than Directors and Executives.

In my opinion amongst the latter Andy Cullen stands head and shoulders above the rest. Given the rest of the mediocrity, I could certainly give Alan and Ben some credit.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I had understood you to say you were missing the familiar faces amongst the away fans rather than Directors and Executives.

In my opinion amongst the latter Andy Cullen stands head and shoulders above the rest. Given the rest of the mediocrity, I could certainly give Alan and Ben some credit.

Read the posts again and you might just see what i actually was saying with regard to yesterday.

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Read the posts again and you might just see what i actually was saying with regard to yesterday.

It would be good to read your opinion on the thread "who exactly is running the Club these days?'