Commonsense

Chelsea away sold out.

10 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I bet they are gutted. 

Where are those Supporters Panel minutes? Caroline sent me an email 9 days ago so must be back on the scene.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Where are those Supporters Panel minutes? Caroline sent me an email 9 days ago so must be back on the scene.

I have no idea. Not sure why you've quoted me. I suggest any of the following 

1. Email Caroline to ask, as you obviously have her email address, or tge customer relations one.

2. Ring the club to ask

3. Tag people who are on the panel @Feedthewolf @Lessingham Canary @ncfcstar 

4. Post on the relevant thread that was started for osp topics. I've added a link to help locate it. Its even to your post in it too!

Thanks.

Edited by Greavsy

Chelsea putting tickets back on sale to members tomorrow on the basis we took a reduced allocation and returned some unsold tickets. According to a post on Facebook. 

Charles Sanders was on local TV saying he was so short of fuel that he was cutting service buses to maintain school trips.

At least one Burnley coach needed to refuel on the way back to Norfolk.

Is it possible that the club considered the local fuel situation, it's likely progress and decided to avoid selling tickets for non-existant coaches and the ensuing furore?

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Chelsea putting tickets back on sale to members tomorrow on the basis we took a reduced allocation and returned some unsold tickets. According to a post on Facebook. 

So if you are in sales groups 3, 4 or 5 and paid your £25 and  didn't play your joker on this match you are out of luck anyway because the Club didn't claim its full allocation with no supporter consultation and would prefer more Chelsea supporters in the ground. Why are Norwich supporters prepared to stand for this? The Club takes us for mugs.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So if you are in sales groups 3, 4 or 5 and paid your £25 and  didn't play your joker on this match you are out of luck anyway because the Club didn't claim its full allocation with no supporter consultation and would prefer more Chelsea supporters in the ground. Why are Norwich supporters prepared to stand for this? The Club takes us for mugs.

I’m sure you’ll let them know. 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’m sure you’ll let them know. 

I wish other people would too. Based on your League One comment on the training ground proposal I thought you may be joining me as a fellow renegade?

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I wish other people would too. Based on your League One comment on the training ground proposal I thought you may be joining me as a fellow renegade?

No. I was taking the ****. I think you’re a boring moron. 

18 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Don't usually with you Duncan, but well said!

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

No point in asking whether you think it is a good idea that there will be more Chelsea fans in the ground as whatever answer you give no one will know whether you are being serious.

25 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No point in asking whether you think it is a good idea that there will be more Chelsea fans in the ground as whatever answer you give no one will know whether you are being serious.

Don't home teams always have more fans..... Isnt that kinda how it works? 😛 😄 

21 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Don't home teams always have more fans..... Isnt that kinda how it works? 😛😄 

Clearly I was referring to more than they otherwise would have done given that would be Norwich tickets are now being recycled to Chelsea fans.

Supposing Norwich have 2 allocation options - 1,500 or 3,000. It is clear that the Club have taken the smaller of the 2 as if they take the larger they risk having to pay Chelsea for unused seats.

If they took 3,000 my guess is that they would sell out anyway. Suppose I am wrong and we could only sell 2,500 and need to pay Chelsea £15,000 for unused seats? My belief is we should still do that out of loyalty to the 1,000 extra Norwich fans who want to go and if our larger support encourages the players to get a draw we wouldn't otherwise have got it would potentially be a massive return on investment.

Doubtless though you will tell me that is moronic?

Edited by essex canary

13 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/10/07/norwich-home-ticket-update

Straight from the horses mouth. I'm thoroughly peeved! Why have we taken a smaller allocation when ew've sold out in Group 3?!?!?!

Is this part of the club's financials as we have to pay for the away tickets and any unsold goes down on us??

1 minute ago, The Engineer said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/10/07/norwich-home-ticket-update

Straight from the horses mouth. I'm thoroughly peeved! Why have we taken a smaller allocation when ew've sold out in Group 3?!?!?!

Is this part of the club's financials as we have to pay for the away tickets and any unsold goes down on us??

Yes it will be down to that but it’s a poor decision because firstly we would clearly sell them and secondly even if all 1000 didn’t sell (which wouldn’t happen) it’s only £30k!

I think, particularly where you have sold away memberships as we have, it’s a very poor decision. 

12 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes it will be down to that but it’s a poor decision because firstly we would clearly sell them and secondly even if all 1000 didn’t sell (which wouldn’t happen) it’s only £30k!

I think, particularly where you have sold away memberships as we have, it’s a very poor decision. 

It’s very poor. The ticket office seems to lack any ability to calculate potential numbers. Games in London are always more popular than the likes of Burnley, yet Chelsea barely reached Group 3. The club are close to being liable for selling away memberships under false pretences.

Just come back on the thread and didn’t realise what had happened. I had a lot to say about the fake £50 away membership fee, but thought the new system was very fair, my son being group 3 and myself group 4. We really wanted to go to every game possible this year, come lows or highs, but appreciated maybe Brentford would be unlikely. However, they never mentioned that although the price would be halved, they would also only be taking 1/2 the allocation. To top it all at Man City and Everton we sold out rapidly, yet had the home support taking ‘ the p*** ‘ at us because of our small numbers ( the same happened at Burnley but we far from sold out ).

Can you guys on that members thing please take this up with the powers that be ?

• Like 1

If its true that we did take a smaller allocation,( looks like it is) then it is plain wrong from the club, it looks like another away members fiasco just like the £50 scheme. I would also like some answers from the club as to why they took a smaller allocation

• Like 1

I've been trying to work out what allocation we have taken.

It looks like the away allocation is usually for 3 blocks of the Lower Tier in The Shed End, blocks 1-3 so that's a rough estimate of 1,000 seats per block. Or it could be just blocks 2 & 3, so that's around 1,500 per block. In order to allow segregation, we probably have to return tickets for a whole block, so we've probably returned either 1,000 or 1,500.

From what I can see on the internet it's more likely that the away end is in 3 blocks and we have returned 1, so we've taken around 2,000 tickets. That does seem to be a very strange decision given that London games are usually pretty easy for our fans based in Norfolk to travel to and also the large fanbase in the south east in general and the capital in particular.

Away numbers are definitely in decline though - many gaps around us at Burnley, certainly also seen more Norwich fans at Everton in the past, and definitely fewer on the road even as compared to the dire away days under CH.

I think you may be right, but there’s a huge difference between a long haul to Burnley and afternoon in London, as evidenced by the numbers we usually attract to each.

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

Away numbers are definitely in decline though - many gaps around us at Burnley, certainly also seen more Norwich fans at Everton in the past, and definitely fewer on the road even as compared to the dire away days under CH.

Everton sold out though. So again makes you wonder what the allocation we took was. I can see more justification for taking a small allocation there though. 

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

And many of us who made the haul to Burnley find we take a small allocation and cannot get to Chelsea ( part group 3 and upwards ).

• Like 1

Sounds like a right royal ballsup to me. 

It's  pretty  shoite when full allocation is not taken and fans that want tickets can't get them,  brewery organise  couldn't in a pi$$ up springs  to mind. 

I realise post covid things may be a little less in demand,  but  records of previous  seasons sales would surely give some kind of base to work from.

Can't for the perpetuity, sorry,  life, of me work out how they've messed this up so badly. 

I'll be at home watching us play Chelsea at 12.30 on BT sport, but I do feel for those fans who are left frustrated, disappointed and annoyed who would have attended the game if they could have purchased tickets.....

58 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone know if we are having to show proof of double vax to get in this Saturday? 

Booster and flu jab plus a clean bill of health from your your local V.D clinic. 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone know if we are having to show proof of double vax to get in this Saturday? 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-news-chelsea-v-norwich-city

Please be aware that Chelsea have put in place Covid-19 mitigation measures at Stamford Bridge.

To purchase a ticket for this fixture, all supporters aged 12 or over must provide documentation on the day at the turnstiles that they have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine (with the second dose received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative lateral flow test that must be carried out within 48 hours of kick-off of the fixture.

To prove you have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine you must supply one of the following at the turnstiles on the day:

• NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App
  • NHS vaccination card (This is the card that was given to you when you received you Covid vaccine)
  • NHS Covid pass letter (This can be requested from the NHS HERE.)
  • A letter from your GP stating that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Text message or email from the NHS confirming a negative lateral flow test carried out within 48 hours of the fixture

Failure to produce one of the documents above on the day at the turnstile will result in you not being permitted to enter the stadium and no refund will be given.

If you are medical exempt from the covid 19 vaccine you must produce a letter from your GP on the day at the turnstile confirming you are medically exempt.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-news-chelsea-v-norwich-city

Please be aware that Chelsea have put in place Covid-19 mitigation measures at Stamford Bridge.

To purchase a ticket for this fixture, all supporters aged 12 or over must provide documentation on the day at the turnstiles that they have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine (with the second dose received at least 14 days prior to the match) or proof of a negative lateral flow test that must be carried out within 48 hours of kick-off of the fixture.

To prove you have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine you must supply one of the following at the turnstiles on the day:

• NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App
  • NHS vaccination card (This is the card that was given to you when you received you Covid vaccine)
  • NHS Covid pass letter (This can be requested from the NHS HERE.)
  • A letter from your GP stating that you have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
  • Text message or email from the NHS confirming a negative lateral flow test carried out within 48 hours of the fixture

Failure to produce one of the documents above on the day at the turnstile will result in you not being permitted to enter the stadium and no refund will be given.

If you are medical exempt from the covid 19 vaccine you must produce a letter from your GP on the day at the turnstile confirming you are medically exempt.

Great thanks 

• Thanks 1