Commonsense

Chelsea away sold out.

3 weeks away and only down to group 3, as well as live on TV. I must admit I’m very surprised. I wonder if they only asked for a small allocation, rather than the main one, which would be disappointing as London games usually attract bigger numbers of away fans.

I imagine we’d take as large an allocation as offered for a London game, pretty easy to get to and plenty of supporters already living in the area.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How many pilgrims did we take to Man City and Everton? 

Pilgrims? W T A F ? 

Fans, supporters, followers, but Pilgrims? 

Or have I missed something (apologies if so!)

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

No, they only made it to group 2, but I was expecting that. New ground and small allocation.

I looked this morning, website said you need to be in group3 to buy these ..no sold out sign

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Pilgrims? W T A F ? 

a journey, especially a long one, made to some sacred place as an act of football devotion:

19 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I looked this morning, website said you need to be in group3 to buy these ..no sold out sign

If you are talking about Brentford, this was sold out before sales opened at 9.30 this morning.

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

If you are talking about Brentford, this was sold out before sales opened at 9.30 this morning.

Yes I was talking about Brentford, that’s odd ,maybe it was yesterday I looked, whenever it was it def said you need to be group 3. I have mine tho, was just curious

Brentford no great surprise. Can’t think of many gsmes I fancy less than watching us get tonked away at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Pilgrims? W T A F ? 

They travelled up from Plymouth presumably 🥳

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Loads of empty seats at Burnley Saturday for a much more important game, just saying.

Assume you went then?! Respect if you did. 

I was indeed, in fairness we live Birmingham, but then we travel to FCR every other Saturday. We are group 3 and 4 and thought ( Brentford aside ) we would get to every game this year, but it does seem we either are taking a low allocation or the majority of 2 and 3 are taking tickets for the usual games.

After saying that this years way of allocation is much better than the ‘ away membership fiasco ‘.

respect for that, and moreso your regular travels to FCR too. 

Isn't there still an away membership? set in tiers? 

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Loads of empty seats at Burnley Saturday for a much more important game, just saying.

Fair weather fans not seeing the appeal in a 6 hour journey for a wet Saturday in bleak Burnley, now getting excited and  tickets for a 2 hour journey to the glam matches in London.  Surely you're not surprised.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I was indeed, in fairness we live Birmingham, but then we travel to FCR every other Saturday. We are group 3 and 4 and thought ( Brentford aside ) we would get to every game this year, but it does seem we either are taking a low allocation or the majority of 2 and 3 are taking tickets for the usual games.

After saying that this years way of allocation is much better than the ‘ away membership fiasco ‘.

Someone did say they were showing it as sold out but then re opened sales in the upper tier. Have you checked again? 

30 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Fair weather fans not seeing the appeal in a 6 hour journey for a wet Saturday in bleak Burnley, now getting excited and  tickets for a 2 hour journey to the glam matches in London.  Surely you're not surprised.

Or maybe those fans done the similar trip to Everton the week before? 

Lots of people have lost jobs / reduced income and the like, and maybe have to be a bit more choosey? 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Someone did say they were showing it as sold out but then re opened sales in the upper tier. Have you checked again? 

Yep it was reopened, but then shut I believe, will keep looking and thanks.

Just rang the ticket office to confirm as there appears to have been a bit of conufsion about this one - all sold out and the club are not looking at securing more tickets. Hugely annoying we've suddenly decided to start taking away fans this season after a 0-0 draw at Burnley! 😆

Anyhow, if anyone ends up with two tickets going then please let me know!

16 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Hugely annoying we've suddenly decided to start taking away fans this season after a 0-0 draw at Burnley!

My understanding is we have always been very well supported at away games. 

Are you not in the elite? 

Unfortunately not this season due to finances in the 18/19 season...

Have been surprised how easy it has been to get away tickets this season mind - until now! In group 4 and I'm intruiged to know how many people cumulative are in groups 1-3. Over 2500 clearly!

On the point of being well supported at away games, that has also been my understanding but this season appears to have been poor by contrast to other seasons. We had a small allocation at Man City which struggled to sell, Arsenal struggled to sell, Everton and Burnley didn't sell out... So it seams strange that Chelsea and Brentford have sold out so quickly!

I agree. As I said I can understand Brentford, but I’m still suspicious that we took a reduced allocation for Chelsea, however it’s very impressive if we sold out without doing that.

Hi all,

I took a chance and booked flights from Northern Ireland to go over and watch this one. A long shot obviously, but I live in hope. Grateful if anyone has 2 tickets going - will also look at going behind enemy lines. 💛💚

On 04/10/2021 at 18:32, Well b back said:

Well done on the Burnley trip. With that kind of commitment including being amongst 1,250 NCFC supporters and nearly 1,000 empty seats at Burnley that the Club would be able to accommodate you amongst 1,700 people at Brentford?

Then again those London and South East supporters who only want to attend matches in their region are going to struggle given that 5 such games in 201819 will only get them into Grouo 3 for the 8 such matches this season.

A quart can't be fitted into a pint pot but the Club should be concentrating on helping fans as much as possible rather than seeking to exploit the situation with a charge. For that reason despite attending 70% of away matches in the 10 years prior to lockdown, I have decided to opt out in protest.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I have decided to opt out in protest.

I bet they are gutted.