16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Points deduction 😂😂😂

talkshite.png

I agreed with a lot of that, until he suggested a points deduction for being relegated or swapping with Coventry now. That has to be the stupidest idea since since Olaf the hairy, King of all the Vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.

• Haha 1

I think our constant crying about all things talksport, MOTD etc etc sums us up as a club atm, weak, easy target and insecure. 

At the end of the day, we are bringing this on ourselves. 

• Like 5

I give it 12 months before TalkSport is outted as a "toxic" environment and several of their "superstars" are gently put out to graze. Saying this, I quite like McCoist and Simon Jordan. McCoist comes over as a nice guy and Jordan says it straight. Rather see those two on MOTD tbh

Edited by Michael Starr

1p5wich had 1 shot on target, (2 shots in total) as they were beaten by the mighty Accrington Stanley at the amusingly named Wham Stadium on the same day. I wonder what this footballing genius thinks should happen to them?  

1 hour ago, urdie_Canary said:

I think our constant crying about all things talksport, MOTD etc etc sums us up as a club atm, weak, easy target and insecure. 

At the end of the day, we are bringing this on ourselves. 

Yep, it's hard to argue. Of course we know what our club is trying to do, and the constraints we work within, but nobody cares outside of the club. We're judged on results, and those results are not there. National perception is damaging for the club, regardless of the good little things we know we do. 

Nationally, we are seen as pointless at this level. And I for one am sick of it.. time we turned it around. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

18 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Where can I go to kick him in the nuts. Hard.

Between his legs would be a good start.

Alternatively, try aiming for his forehead as well.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I give it 12 months before TalkSport is outted as a "toxic" environment and several of their "superstars" are gently put out to graze. Saying this, I quite like McCoist and Simon Jordan. McCoist comes over as a nice guy and Jordan says it straight. Rather see those two on MOTD tbh

When your model is all about reaction , so that you can demonstrate traffic to your advertisers , it is inevitable that you go to further and further extremes to get the reaction. You can imagine the Talksh1te office this morning congratulating the clown on this . 

Norwich have become the acceptable target . It seems that you can say anything about Norwich at the moment . We aren’t trying , we are a waste of time and should have points deducted. 

As you say it has an inevitability about where it all ends up. 

I think the criticism that Norwich are facing in some quarters goes back to 2 seasons ago. But since our very bad start this season, then that has given Norwich critics more ammunition. Results on the pitch will help these go away. 

What I would say I wouldn't be surprised that in some point in the future the EPL may come up with some penalty scheme for very badly performing teams. How that would work I'm not sure, but one thing that should be implemented is the banning of parachute payments as they simply reward failure and would give more of a level playing field in The Championship. 

8 hours ago, komakino said:

I think the criticism that Norwich are facing in some quarters goes back to 2 seasons ago. But since our very bad start this season, then that has given Norwich critics more ammunition. Results on the pitch will help these go away. 

What I would say I wouldn't be surprised that in some point in the future the EPL may come up with some penalty scheme for very badly performing teams. How that would work I'm not sure, but one thing that should be implemented is the banning of parachute payments as they simply reward failure and would give more of a level playing field in The Championship. 

The scrapping of parachute payments would basically make it impossible for a team like us to ever establish ourselves in the top division. Not sure why any Norwich fan would want that. God knows it’s hard enough even with them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When your model is all about reaction , so that you can demonstrate traffic to your advertisers , it is inevitable that you go to further and further extremes to get the reaction. You can imagine the Talksh1te office this morning congratulating the clown on this . 

Norwich have become the acceptable target . It seems that you can say anything about Norwich at the moment . We aren’t trying , we are a waste of time and should have points deducted. 

As you say it has an inevitability about where it all ends up. 

It’s massively lazy journalism and most of the criticisms are actually not correct but we are making it easy for them by making such a complete and utter pigs ear of the start of the season. 

Any vaguely sensible Norwich fan knows that Pen Retcher's comments are straight out of this book.

Window Licker.jpg

Even more of it tonight (yes I know "don't listen to it blah blah blah) well unfortunately I work nights and not alot else to put on to keep the night mildly interesting. 

Cundy and o hara talking about making the Premier league into a 18 team league to get the "dross or Norwich" as they put it, out of the league as they're dragging the quality down. 

One caller makes the point even then we could storm the champs and get promoted again, they then liken us to stepping in dog shiote and the smell following you around. 

The main crux of their point ultimately kept coming back to "how do we get rid of Norwich" "ban then from the Premier league unless they commit to competing" 

I understand that at the minute we are stinking the place out etc. 

But has there ever been such a level of disrespect towards a football club from a so called "professional" outfit? 

It's becoming an every day thing now! 

If that's the case, then it will inevitably and eventually backfire and create the opposite to what they seem to want to achieve (apart from controversy of the clumsiest form.)

NCFC will seem like the victims, the underdogs and become the darlings of the football world.

Our match might well become the penultimate last on MotD, rather than the very last, Old Mother Lawrensen might forecast a home point for us against a fellow struggler and the press may actually publish a match report that is not 90% concerned with our opponents. 

Happy days. I might actually tune in to Talk Sport one day. It will be a first, but it will demonstrate that it's working for them.

It’s quite simple - if the club want respect they must earn it. If they go on a run of 16 games and zero points in any division then they will be criticised and mocked. The results are the issue not talk sport. The latter might be rude in pointing out the failure - but - a look at the table- says the comments aren’t without merit 

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s quite simple - if the club want respect they must earn it. If they go on a run of 16 games and zero points in any division then they will be criticised and mocked. The results are the issue not talk sport. The latter might be rude in pointing out the failure - but - a look at the table- says the comments aren’t without merit 

Considering that after 7 games we are one win from not even being in the bottom 3 I think it is massively disrespectful to target one club. There is of course the usual Talk **** agenda but they are taking it too far.

Around the point of earning respect, I would much rather show respect to clubs who are competing at the highest level living within their means than to debt laden clubs taking huge risks to finish 17th.

• Like 2

"It’s quite simple - if the club want respect they must earn it."

True, but superficial to the point of being simplistic.

I get the impression that superficiality, controversy and headlines are what that bunch is all about, and it's a station more concerned with the allure of advertising money (their wages) than any in-depth analysis of the game.

I wouldn't know, but are they as a whole in favour of the dominance of big money and the debt building that is rife within the game, or do they see beyond that?

If the latter, then they should appreciate more the tenets of being a self-funded club trying to compete with  it.

Like I said, superficial.

Edited by BroadstairsR

49 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The comments are total b*llocks. Ban us from the Premier League? Swap us for Coventry? Because we're THREE POINTS FROM SAFETY?

The only one's even on Talksh*te who are spouting this nonsense are the one's with the IQ of your basic Llama - anyone with an IQ matching that of your household dog or above are actually pretty sensible about us. Simon Jordan being a good example.

We earned more respect than those teams they want to swap us with by getting promoted in the first place. If it's so easy, why didnt:

- Ipswich

- Derby

- Forest

- Blackburn

- Bristol City

- Middlesbrough

And whoever else you want to throw in manage promotion ahead of us, despite significantly richer owners? If you want to look at embarrassment that should be aimed at Derby for almost destroying a football club for it's community.

Best thing is avoid TalkSport. Don't listen to it. If I accidentally switch to it, I tell myself off and switch it back.

• Like 2

Jamie O'Hara at it again now. Saying the premier league should be reduced to 18 teams to get rid of dross like Norwich. Whilst I appreciate we have brought some of this on ourselves through our poor performance their "shock jock) campaign against us is getting a little ridiculous.

He really is an unbelievably th**k moron. If he ever attempts to set foot in Carrow Road I hope he is sent packing.

Maybe Talksport should have a clear out of the dross they employ. Jamie O hara is your typical example of a very ordinary footballer who's been given some sort of platform. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Best thing is avoid TalkSport. Don't listen to it. If I accidentally switch to it, I tell myself off and switch it back.

👍

On 03/10/2021 at 16:33, cambridgeshire canary said:

Points deduction 😂😂😂

talkshite.png

Can say what you want but he is completely right, sick of us defending the undefendable, we are a joke at the moment at this level, these are facts. I have supported Norwich through thick and thin my whole life but this is only the second time I am really falling out of love with football, the first time was Chris Hughton. I remember walking away after we had beaten Arsenal 1 - 0 at home and after GH scored a rebound from a Tettey shot and said to my uncle we have won but that felt like a loss. Farke has me at a loss for words, I don't take away we have had a awfully hard start or that covid has impacted us. But we aren't the only team to be impacted by covid, I hear excuses we got players in late, well whose fault is that !? Farke has completey changed the style of play and it is not working at all. Like said above two shots against the mighty Burnley is dreadful. Makes me so cross that people think a terrible defensive performance scraping a 0 - 0 draw against one of the worst teams in the league is something to celebrate. 

Edited by Jsim1986

16 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Can say what you want but he is completely right, sick of us defending the undefendable, we are a joke at the moment at this level, these are facts. I have supported Norwich through thick and thin my whole life but this is only the second time I am really falling out of love with football, the first time was Chris Hughton. I remember walking away after we had beaten Arsenal 1 - 0 at home and after GH scored a rebound from a Tettey shot and said to my uncle we have won but that felt like a loss. Farke has me at a loss for words, I don't take away we have had a awfully hard start or that covid has impacted us. But we aren't the only team to be impacted by covid, I hear excuses we got players in late, well whose fault is that !? Farke has completey changed the style of play and it is not working at all. Like said above two shots against the mighty Burnley is dreadful. Makes me so cross that people think a terrible defensive performance scraping a 0 - 0 draw against one of the worst teams in the league is something to celebrate. 

Whats difficult/irritating is that had they levelled the same accusation 2 seasons ago I would have agreed with them. We did not show the necessary desire to stay up and were happy to go back to the champ.

The irony is that i don;t think thats what we have done this season. If anything we have changed too much and move away from our previous blueprint precisely because we ARE trying to stay up and its that (along with covid, hard fixtures etc) that has so far been our downfall. Aside from perhaps the Emi sale (and even that was slightly dirven by a perceived (and perhaps incorrect) need to overhaul the squad) our issues this season are more down to Farke, confidence, the system and the amount of upheaval in my view. 

• Like 1

Please indulge this person and agree to a 9 point deduction if we are ever relegated again. Based on season 2020/21. Norwich would have finished um second one point above brentford.

You know he makes no sense.

Talksport is just entertainment, and you have to treat it as such.  This is why they are called 'shows'.  I don't find any of it offensive as I'll laugh at everything aimed at other clubs - particularly the likes of Arsenal.

It's important that this character exists in the game for me, I hate the stuffy suit and tie brigade that you see on Sky Sports transfer news sections - it's entirely bland to see someone giving excel style presentations about the game.  Give me the common man talking **** any day - and if they breaks a few eggs, so be it.  It's all good for the sport.

Sky is no different, it is much easier for these media companies to moan then to produce high quality content. They have it easy, find an easy target and abuse them, then move onto the next. Sky typical abuse one of the 'big 4' or 'big 6' which is under achieving. Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs in recent years always been their favourites.  There will always be one easy target.

The world of media, whether news or entertainment is just click baiting and/or trolling. Like the guy whinging down your local, it's easier to point out mistakes and call things sh*t then to provide a detailed solution to fix them.

Why do people listen to TalkSport?

They are clearly going to run with this Norwich theme now because they'll have seen the reactions they are getting!

2 hours ago, Jsim1986 said:

This is a seriously bad take on multiple levels.

• Like 1