By his own admission a pisshead with a mediocre degree working for a ****e radio station. To quote him ‘What is the point?’

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who's Ben Fletcher when he's at home? 

Can we get Krul to punch him, like he did Vydra!  😉 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Points deduction 😂😂😂

talkshite.png

Looking at this I think he just does it to provoke a reaction / get a response. 

Keeping his name current type thing. 

I think Ben Fletcher does the same! 😉 

• Haha 1

Don't give them the attention. It's what sustains their careers. It's an awful radio station unable to pay proper salaries for intelligent pundits or ex-players, so pays peanuts and gets monkeys. They know they can't compete with other radio stations, hell you get more informed football chat down at your local, so deliberately come out with this provocative horse-**** just to stay relevant and get some free publicity. They are all like it; Adrian Durham, that w@nker Crooks the other day (who let's be honest, no one had a clue who they were, just like this Ben Fletcher), Jamie O'Hara, talentless tw@ts whose only trick is to rile people up.

Stop getting riled and eventually these morons will die out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Don't give them the attention. It's what sustains their careers. It's an awful radio station unable to pay proper salaries for intelligent pundits or ex-players, so pays peanuts and gets monkeys. They know they can't compete with other radio stations, hell you get more informed football chat down at your local, so deliberately come out with this provocative horse-**** just to stay relevant and get some free publicity. They are all like it; Adrian Durham, that w@nker Crooks the other day (who let's be honest, no one had a clue who they were, just like this Ben Fletcher), Jamie O'Hara, talentless tw@ts whose only trick is to rile people up.

Stop getting riled and eventually these morons will die out.

This. They're just trolls, pure and simple. Their whole business model is saying provocative sh*t just to get people riled up enough to call in, or reply on Twitter. 

It's a shame, because there's a very interesting discussion to be had about whether a self-funding club, especially one that tries to play football, can survive in the Premier League. But they're just not interested in having that discussion.

The point of Norwich City is to hack off two-bit cretins like Pen Retcher into spouting window-licking garbage. 😄

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They clattered each other 😝😂

Starting a sentence with I’m not anti Norwich is basically the version of when someone goes I’m not racist but, then something racist usually follows. 

his point about Brentford giving it a real go compared to us is valid although the beat Arsenal at home not away. 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Starting a sentence with I’m not anti Norwich is basically the version of when someone goes I’m not racist but, then something racist usually follows. 

his point about Brentford giving it a real go compared to us is valid although the beat Arsenal at home not away. 

He even went full "some of my best friends are from Dereham" 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

His point about Brentford is drivel. Teams "not giving it a real go" don't dig out 0-0 draws at Burnley with the defensive record "achieved" prior to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

His point about Brentford is drivel. Teams "not giving it a real go" don't dig out 0-0 draws at Burnley with the defensive record "achieved" prior to that.

I think Brentford have stuck to their identity and are playing very nice football. In that sense they are giving it a good go. 

in terms of us no digging out a nil nil is not giving it a real go we only had 2 shots on target. What we were was defensively solid however to me giving it a go means actually scoring goals 

• Like 1

It’s odd - why do we rile some of them so?  I don’t see why they care…I wonder if they said the same about West Brom/Fulham last season, but don’t actually care.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

It’s odd - why do we rile some of them so?  I don’t see why they care…I wonder if they said the same about West Brom/Fulham last season, but don’t actually care.

Fulham are owned by a billionaire so I’m sure he would be reeming them like his life depended on it

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Fulham spent £100m and went down. That presumably means they “tried” . 

I assume that Ben is the great nephew of Norman Stanley. 

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think Brentford have stuck to their identity and are playing very nice football. In that sense they are giving it a good go. 

in terms of us no digging out a nil nil is not giving it a real go we only had 2 shots on target. What we were was defensively solid however to me giving it a go means actually scoring goals 

It regularly happens when these smaller clubs get into the Premier League. Every club goes to play them expecting to get three points and as such they open themselves up a lot more than usual. There is pressure from the fans to get the win and players will approach these types of games with a different mentality as well. It happened with Blackpool in 2010/11, they bagged 7 wins and were sitting 9th in the Premier League after game 20. But then teams start to take you more seriously and inevitably the results deteriorate. With Blackpool that year, they were relegated. For other teams the downturn happens the following year; look at Sheffield United and their two seasons in the Premier League.

We arguably benefited from a similar phenomenon in Lambert's first PL season, teams expected to beat us whether at Carrow Road or when we visited so approached the games in a more cavalier fashion and we exploited that to get some wins we may not have done had the opponents played the same way they do against top opposition. You could even make an argument that had we not drastically altered our approach by taking on Hughton, Lambert's cavalier style against teams that had to start to take us more seriously would have resulted in our relegation a season earlier than what actually happened.

Brentford are looking great right now, but no better than Blackpool looked in the aforementioned season and certainly no better than Sheffield United were in the 2019/20 season. Whilst I admit it is painful to watch them make such a better go of it than we are, I still think we'll be reasonably close in the table come May. Sadly, I suspect that will be near the bottom. 

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It regularly happens when these smaller clubs get into the Premier League. Every club goes to play them expecting to get three points and as such they open themselves up a lot more than usual. There is pressure from the fans to get the win and players will approach these types of games with a different mentality as well. It happened with Blackpool in 2010/11, they bagged 7 wins and were sitting 9th in the Premier League after game 20. But then teams start to take you more seriously and inevitably the results deteriorate. With Blackpool that year, they were relegated. For other teams the downturn happens the following year; look at Sheffield United and their two seasons in the Premier League.

We arguably benefited from a similar phenomenon in Lambert's first PL season, teams expected to beat us whether at Carrow Road or when we visited so approached the games in a more cavalier fashion and we exploited that to get some wins we may not have done had the opponents played the same way they do against top opposition. You could even make an argument that had we not drastically altered our approach by taking on Hughton, Lambert's cavalier style against teams that had to start to take us more seriously would have resulted in our relegation a season earlier than what actually happened.

Brentford are looking great right now, but no better than Blackpool looked in the aforementioned season and certainly no better than Sheffield United were in the 2019/20 season. Whilst I admit it is painful to watch them make such a better go of it than we are, I still think we'll be reasonably close in the table come May. Sadly, I suspect that will be near the bottom. 

There’s plenty of what you say that I agree with and plenty that I don’t. I think over the course of a 38 game season you finish in the place you deserve to be. The surprise factor now with modern scouting networks ect is non existent. Regardless of the league team are playing in most clubs will all have scouts watching teams at almost every level mainly to scout for talent but that also gives them data about a teams style and threats for games such as cup ties. My Uncle was head scout at Aston Villa for a long time dating from the late 60’s and even back then they had extensive scouting networks 

I think the problem a lot of the clubs have who have just come up and survive have is their best players get taken by the bigger clubs if they shine. It’s also hard to recruit consistently with players who have no proven premiership experience, we have spent the 11th most in transfer fees this summer I think it was but as we are also finding out that does not mean those signings instantly hit the ground running. 

I am pragmatic enough to know that a point at Burnley after the results we’ve had was welcome but I’m also realistic enough to know Burnley looked poor and we could of gotten so much more from that game. I’ve also thought similar against Leicester, Arsenal who look the worst Arsenal side for a generation), Watford and Everton. All of those games although we got beat I felt like with the right tactics and grit we could of come away with more than we did. 

Someone on Talksport asking ‘What is the point‘ of something else is the very embodiment of irony 🤣

Brentford were always very good in the championship until the slightest element of pressure was applied.The minute pressure was applied the whole team went to pieces again and again.

This season is a free hit for them so the fact they are doing well is not a massive shock.

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

There’s plenty of what you say that I agree with and plenty that I don’t. I think over the course of a 38 game season you finish in the place you deserve to be. The surprise factor now with modern scouting networks ect is non existent. Regardless of the league team are playing in most clubs will all have scouts watching teams at almost every level mainly to scout for talent but that also gives them data about a teams style and threats for games such as cup ties. My Uncle was head scout at Aston Villa for a long time dating from the late 60’s and even back then they had extensive scouting networks 

I think the problem a lot of the clubs have who have just come up and survive have is their best players get taken by the bigger clubs if they shine. It’s also hard to recruit consistently with players who have no proven premiership experience, we have spent the 11th most in transfer fees this summer I think it was but as we are also finding out that does not mean those signings instantly hit the ground running. 

I am pragmatic enough to know that a point at Burnley after the results we’ve had was welcome but I’m also realistic enough to know Burnley looked poor and we could of gotten so much more from that game. I’ve also thought similar against Leicester, Arsenal who look the worst Arsenal side for a generation), Watford and Everton. All of those games although we got beat I felt like with the right tactics and grit we could of come away with more than we did. 

I never mentioned anything about surprise factor. I've no doubt that teams like Brentford this year, and Blackpool ten years ago, were thoroughly scouted and tactics were proposed at how to deal with Ivan Toney or Jermaine Beckford. But what can happen is that players, and probably some coaches and certainly fans, don't take any of that seriously. They approach the game like, "Brentford? Coming to Goodison Park? That should be three comfortable points", even if they don't say it out load. And that permeates into their performance on the day. But if Brentford survive, or are hovering around 10th place after 20 games, suddenly that complacency disappears and their lack of quality becomes more apparent and results start to become more what you'd expect. It absolutely doesn't happen to all promoted teams, we certainly don't seem to be the recipient of much complacency in our opponents, but then we have been reasonably regular visitors to the Premier League in the past decade. But I suspect that Brentford this year are the Sheff United of two seasons ago, or the Blackpool of eleven seasons ago. Or, whisper it, the Ipswich Town of 20 odd seasons ago, finishing 5th in the Premier League after getting promoted and then getting relegated the season after.

If Brentford don't get dragged back down into a relegation scrap later on in the season, they'll probably go down next season.

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Hope vydra is OK though. Always thought he's a decent player and always wanted us to sign him 

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Time will tell Dan, plenty of sides have come up with relatively little top flight experience over the years and maintained their status. Brighton the obvious one at the moment. Bournemouth did it for a number of season before they went down recently. Would probably make the argument for Burnley being in that bracket of clubs who have now established themselves in the league. 

ultimately over the course of a full season teams end up where they deserve to be in my opinion and each season should be treated differently than the next. There’s usually a few surprise teams doing well or poorly now each season. 

Personally a points deduction is the least that should be done.

Our failure to spend a load of money we don't have so that talk sport's media circus can keep raking in pounds should result in the banning of all things yellow and green.

Goodbye bananas, jaundice and the flag of Qing dynasty China. Fairwell flubber, cabbage and green lantern. 

You will be sorely missed.....

Wait ... But what if he said something outrageous just to get a reaction. Would a radio host ever do such a thing?

Edited by 1902

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Points deduction 😂😂😂

talkshite.png

"HoW cAn I Be RaCiSt... I HavE a BlAcK fRiEnd" 

"HoW Can I hAtE wOmEn... My MuM is OnE" 

Is basically what this guy sounds like.