Bradwell canary

Emi on the bench yet again!

I said that the time he was sold that it would be interesting to see how they use him and will he be allowed to roam free which is how we got the best from him.

In their pre-season games he looked superb but they were lesser sides, in the PL they are often described as luxury players and in a rigid system he will get exposed.

What will be interesting now is to see how he reacts and whether there will be some kind of 'fall out' with Smith.

He clearly loves to play so being stuck on the bench is one to watch....

23 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It’s far too soon to write off Buendia, just as it is far too soon to write off our season.

Very true, although any club that paid £33m + £5m add-ons for a player on a £16m contract that only got 1 goal and no assists by October would naturally feel mugged off.

33 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Very true, although any club that paid £33m + £5m add-ons for a player on a £16m contract that only got 1 goal and no assists by October would naturally feel mugged off.

Yes, but they wanted him and chose to pay that much for him 😉

36 minutes ago, BigFish said:

So should we also feel mugged off that we’ve spent ~£50 million and committed to ~£20 million in future fees, for only a combined league total of 0 goals and 1 assist with those new players? 

Or does it come back to needing more time?

I think anyone feeling ‘mugged off’ at this stage in either scenario needs to have a bit more patience- regardless of whether they are proved correct or not in the future.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BigFish said:

This was how it played out with Ollie Watkins for us last season, and no we definitely did not feel mugged off at any point.

0.001% of Villa fans are turning on Emi - it's just unfortunate that they all have loud Twitter accounts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It’s far too soon to write off Buendia, just as it is far too soon to write off our season.

Facts here

I think there's no need to re-write history, Emi was our best player and most creative influence.

We also don't need to re-write history and make out Emi was fantastic in the prem for us last time out. He was better than most of our players, but he wasn't fantastic.

Far too early to tell, but this season will give an indication as to how he performs at the top level. There is also an argument that Farke was capable of getting the best out of him where Dean Smith may be unable to.

Emi is a talented player, is he clearly physically, and technically good enough, I am really not sure about his concentration and temperament.  What a talent, yet he has gone now so I wish him the best and I want Farke to focus on our team.

There was always going to be some challenges adjusting to a new team. His talent is unquestionable, but it is pretty dumb to ignore the fact that in Norwich he could always count on starting if his attitude was constructive and he could always count on having one guy who knew where to be and how to score. How often do you find a partner who you can pass to without looking?

So far it looks like there was a net loss of productivity for all parties in that trade. That'll hopefully change in the future.