Bradwell canary

Emi on the bench yet again!

He begged and pleaded to move to them so he suffers with the consequences of being benched for most of the season. Could have been starting every match for us and getting tonked and spaked every match with us instead so his loss 🙃

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

What a waste of talent.  Difficult to know why, but are Villa that good that they can afford to do that?

I'm half watching Palace and Leicester.

Maddison was on the bench for that game as well (and Palace scored within a minute of him coming on.)

Can we have both of them back please?

• Like 1

Interestingly, a fair few Villa fans on Twitter are starting to turn on Emi now, saying that he’s been very poor since signing, one saying he’s “absolutely sh!te” and a few even asking if they can get their money back for him.. 

If there was a way to make that happen and for us to have him back, I’d be doing it in a heartbeat!

Edited by Hoolahoop14

It was a perfect storm when Emi came here. He fitted exactly what Farke wanted but the bloke at Villa clearly doesn't know what to do with him and he hasn't got Teemu to aim at. Wrong club at the wrong time. 

Like every other Norwich supporter I know of Emi's ability. He has had two exceptional seasons in the past three.

The one where he did not shine so much was when he was in the Premiership, perhaps that's the form he is showing now.

53 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm half watching Palace and Leicester.

Maddison was on the bench for that game as well (and Palace scored within a minute of him coming on.)

Can we have both of them back please?

Hope nothing good happened in the half you're not watching!  

I thought Emi feeding Watkins would work well but then Villa signed Ings and it’s not clear quite how he fits into their system if they go with two up top. 

Not looking the wisest of moves at this point but it’s early days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Like every other Norwich supporter I know of Emi's ability. He has had two exceptional seasons in the past three.

The one where he did not shine so much was when he was in the Premiership, perhaps that's the form he is showing now.

Twoddle. People just compare his Champioship goals and assists record and compare it with his one Premier League season and simplistically say, "he was rubbish".

Buendia created more chances than all bar three players in the Premier League that season, beaten only by De Bruyne, Alexander-Arnold and Jack Grealish. But if you apply a different metric and look instead at chances created to minutes played, Buendia is only beaten by De Bruyne, with our Emi creating a chance just under every 30 minutes he plays. For a team that finished rock bottom of the Premier League with a meager points haul of 21, that is a phenomenal effort.

I said at the time that I didn't think Villa was the right move for him and that he'd possibly live to regret it. Another season with us, playing as well as he has done throughout his Norwich career, and I think a bigger fish, with a better manager more capable of getting the best out of him like Farke, would have come and snaffled him.

• Like 7

When someone is earning 80K a week it's difficult to tell them they have made the wrong decision.

But I do feel Emi will live to regret his decision to move there.

A pretty magical time here where all the stars aligned has led to him, good though he is, being rather overrated by many City fans.....Champions League, you are having a laugh.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It was a perfect storm when Emi came here. He fitted exactly what Farke wanted but the bloke at Villa clearly doesn't know what to do with him and he hasn't got Teemu to aim at. Wrong club at the wrong time. 

ROFL,rather similar to a manager that used to be here 😛................and that ended well,didn't it?

2 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Wrong he performed very well in a really poor team.

3 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

What a waste of talent.  Difficult to know why, but are Villa that good that they can afford to do that?

Well most of the "talent" we bought with Buendia's cash was sat on the bench against Burnley.

A pretty magical time here where all the stars aligned has led to him, good though he is, being rather overrated by many City fans.....Champions League, you are having a laugh.

2 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Interestingly, a fair few Villa fans on Twitter are starting to turn on Emi now, saying that he’s been very poor since signing, one saying he’s “absolutely sh!te” and a few even asking if they can get their money back for him.. 

If there was a way to make that happen and for us to have him back, I’d be doing it in a heartbeat!

Ok, but we will have to give back 2/3’s of the players we bought in on his money.

My memory may be failing me here but I'm quite sure that suring Emi's first season at Norwich there wasn't much, if anything, to separate him from Hernández in terms of skill and ability.
I even think Hernández may have had the edge on Emi at that time.

1 hour ago, First Wazzock said:

When someone is earning 80K a week it's difficult to tell them they have made the wrong decision.

But I do feel Emi will live to regret his decision to move there.

Well he’ll either come good at Villa as he is good enough or he won’t and that’s on him.

When he’s taking that money home regardless, doubt he’ll have any regrets.

He always looked to have the natural ability to flourish in the prem but if he doesn't deliver this season for Villa there Will rightly be questions if he's capable at this level.

Comes on at 1-1 and Villa promptly concede... enough said. 

But thanks for the memories Emi.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

It was better the first time you said it.

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I said at the time that I didn't think Villa was the right move for him and that he'd possibly live to regret it. Another season with us, playing as well as he has done throughout his Norwich career, and I think a bigger fish, with a better manager more capable of getting the best out of him like Farke, would have come and snaffled him.

I'm not sure who else would have been interested though. Villa knew Grealish was going for £100m+ and wanted a creative midfielder with Premiership experience, and Norwich wanted the deal done early. Villa also picked up Ings and Leon Bailey and had Jacob Ramsey come through from their academy. Buendia's strengths and weaknesses are well known: his intelligence and vision versus his lack of pace and height, I don't see another year really helping him, and I don't see the same money coming in for him in a years time, irrespective of his season.

I doubt he regrets it, he's got a five year deal on allegedly £80k a week, and if we'd gone back down he'd be back to £15k a week in the Championship.

I am sure, being the 'main' man at any club and your confidence, mojo and maybe tactics to suit. You then leave and need to restablish yourself and place in a side with a group of players you dont know.

When you look at the many flair players and stars we sold over the years. Few have gone on and progressed to a level we thought they would.