Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Brentford..

This season's Sheff Utd it appears... always seems to be one of the promoted teams that does it, just never us!

At some point the bubble will burst though and they will get found out.  Only so long that players can keep playing above themselves week in week out.

1-1, interesting though that Antonio looks like he's standing in an offside position between Bowen and the keeper. Although I have only seen it once so he might not be offside, but looked it. 

Watched the game, they fully deserved it, question is considering they signed less players than us how do they compete and we can't ? Not like they are beating poor teams either, makes me laugh how much excuses we are making for Farke, just hope he turns it around but have no confidence in him that he will at all.

Edited by Jsim1986

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Already looking as though Brentford are safe.

Credit to them, stuck to their guns and play like they always play.

Yes where as we on the other hand completely change formation and tactics and look clueless and think a draw at Burnley is a great result, some people here really need to get them yellow and green tinted glasses off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Already looking as though Brentford are safe.

Credit to them, stuck to their guns and play like they always play.

Could still end up 'pulling a Norwich'

Start well only to then fall apart near the end.

2 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Watched the game, they fully deserved it, question is considering they signed less players than us how do they compete and we can't ? Not like they are beating poor teams either, makes me laugh how much excuses we are making for Farke, just hope he turns it around but have no confidence in him that he will at all.

I think you have the nail on the head with what you have said.  They signed less players - the team is confident from last year and they naive added a bit more quality to the team.  We have effectively a new team who seem to be gelling with each other still (or that's what I hope!!)

Just now, Billyboybunters said:

I think you have the nail on the head with what you have said.  They signed less players - the team is confident from last year and they naive added a bit more quality to the team.  We have effectively a new team who seem to be gelling with each other still (or that's what I hope!!)

But that's my point we finished top and only lost Buendia and Skipp, why have we bought a whole new team ? 

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Watched the game, they fully deserved, question.is considering they signed less than us how do they seem to compete and we can't ? Not like they are beating poor teams either, makes me laugh how much excuse we are making for Farke, just hope he turns it around but have no confidence in him that he will at all.

I guess we should have seen it coming, as despite our overall dominance last season, we still lost most games against ex prem teams that still had those 6ft2 pacey units in them...  Now we get to play those teams every week.

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

But that's my point we finished top and only lost Buendia and Skipp, why have we bought a whole new team ? 

Completely agree - signed quality replacements for two that we lost and had the biggest impact for us last season.  Add in another 2-3 players rather than a first 11!

They were lucky (again) today based on what I saw but you seem to get the breaks when you have momentum. They have a sense of cohesion and identity that we seem to have completely lost (entirely our own fault). 

Just now, Gibbo said:

I guess we should have seen it coming, as despite our overall dominance last season, we still lost most games against ex prem teams that still had those 6ft2 pacey units in them...  Now we get to play those teams every week.

Yeah this is a good point. 

2 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Just to hack you off, obviously.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Could still end up 'pulling a Norwich'

Start well only to then fall apart near the end.

There will easily be 3 worse teams than them. 9 points ahead of the bottom 3.

It's different chasing the top 2 positions in the Championship where there is little margin for error compared to waiting for teams to chase you down in the Premier League.

I think 2 out of the current bottom 3 will go down. It must not be us.

Some people are underestimating how big a loss Buendia and Skipp are to us. They were easily are 2 best players last season. It was always going to take time for our new players to get up to speed of the league and to gel with new team mates.

Brentford

10 pre-season friendlies

3 first-team players brought in

Opening 5 matches: Arsenal, @ Palace, @ Villa, Brighton, @ Wolves  

Norwich City

5 pre-season friendlies

8 first-team players brought in

Opening 5 matches: Liverpool, @ City,  Leicester, @ Arsenal, Watford

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Yes where as we on the other hand completely change formation and tactics and look clueless and think a draw at Burnley is a great result, some people here really need to get them yellow and green tinted glasses off.

The one game where we have changed the tactical style from last season (different from simply changing formation) was the one game where we got a result. 

7 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Brentford

10 pre-season friendlies

3 first-team players brought in

Opening 5 matches: Arsenal, @ Palace, @ Villa, Brighton, @ Wolves  

Norwich City

5 pre-season friendlies

8 first-team players brought in

Opening 5 matches: Liverpool, @ City,  Leicester, @ Arsenal, Watford

That Leicester defeat though, looks worse and worse with each passing week looking at the state of them this season. 

Fair play to them they are giving it a proper go. And to think there were certain posters calling others knobs for wanting to see some attacking intent and quality from our team away to Burnley….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That Leicester defeat though, looks worse and worse with each passing week looking at the state of them this season. 

Leicester were poor . Many of us said it at the time . That was a very poor result . 

• Like 2

Theyve kept all of players from last season..and added a few

...we lost our best 2 players ,one we didnt own i.e Skipp..one who seemingly had an 'agreement' with that we would sell him in Buendia

...and replaced them with sub standard players

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Leicester were poor . Many of us said it at the time . That was a very poor result . 

Yeah looking that way now.  They were a bit fortunate not to lose at home to Burnley last week.

Replay that game now and I'd like to think we would win.

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Quite right, they were there for the taking.

I find it odd them saying their players don’t belong at this level. They are clearly showing that they do belong with their performances so far. All the best to them I actually enjoy watching them when they are on the tv they play good football.