Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

After watching the game yesterday I’m……

Going to watch a wall of paint dry this afternoon. I’ll let you know which is more exciting later.

Some are talking about this performance as if it was like winning an FA cup final. Burnley we’re awful as we’re we. Two clueless toothless sides playing out a boring nil nil draw which actually does neither side any good what so ever. The points per game required to survive has risen form what it was before kick off. How can we be happy with that!

• Haha 1

Sure, Burnley have not been the best recently but end of the day a clean sheet and a draw away to Burnley in the pouring rain, and that is a result most teams in this divson would be happy with. It's not perfect, we did have chances to score but it's still far better than being spanked 3 or 4 nill.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

"Some are talking about this performance as if it was like winning an FA cup final."

Absolutely nobody is talking or saying anything like this. You are talking utter bollox though which I think all will agree with.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

The performance was notable because we fought against one of the most physical teams, we didn't concede and we finally got a point on the board.

You're right, it's nothing to shout about but it's a massive step in the right direction. Hopefully the players will build on this and we'll see them grow in confidence.

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sure, Burnley have not been the best recently but end of the day a clean sheet and a draw away to Burnley in the pouring rain, and that is a result most teams in this divson would be happy with. It's not perfect, we did have chances to score but it's still far better than being spanked 3 or 4 nill.

39 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Going to watch a wall of paint dry this afternoon. I’ll let you know which is more exciting later.

Some are talking about this performance as if it was like winning an FA cup final. Burnley we’re awful as we’re we. Two clueless toothless sides playing out a boring nil nil draw which actually does neither side any good what so ever. The points per game required to survive has risen form what it was before kick off. How can we be happy with that!

I’m sorry, this is rubbish.  Nobody but nobody is talking about this like we have won an FA cup final.  
Time to put the bins out? 

• Like 2

Just watched full highlights on Sky.  Certainly not a performance as poor as described by many on here thought we defended stoutly can't say that too often this season.  If our passes were better it may have been a better outcome.  Gilmour instead of PLM might have improved the passing from midfield.  Pukki and Sargent tried hard with little reward.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

If you want to do something really dull why not listen to some 'Hard House'..... itll make your paint watching seem fun. The dullest music ever, and its not hard  at all .  Give me an Andalusian ankle bell and ear harp ensemble any day.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

Just watched full highlights on Sky.  Certainly not a performance as poor as described by many on here thought we defended stoutly can't say that too often this season.  If our passes were better it may have been a better outcome.  Gilmour instead of PLM might have improved the passing from midfield.  Pukki and Sargent tried hard with little reward.  

Good point about passing, our completion rates were only just in to the 70%'s, it may be because we didn't fanny about as much at the back, but real improvements will be made when the rate overall hits that 80% mark.

Ok so what have we found a formation and line up just capable of being defensive enough to deny the free scoring masters that are Burnley. Whilst never looking remotely like scoring yet again. 

It was another dismal performance against another dismal team. It’s nothing more the a piece of tissue paper trying to cover a crack as wide as a valley. 

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Instead of watching the wall try talking to it then you will understand how we feel trying to communicate with doom merchants like yourself.

3 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It was another dismal performance against another dismal team. It’s nothing more the a piece of tissue paper trying to cover a crack as wide as a valley. 

If you really can't see any positives in a 3rd Div teams loss to Accrington Stanley, I can see your point.

If however, you're talking about a PL team fighting to get a point away at a tough physical place like Turf Moore against a PL side desperate for points, then you are wide of the mark. Which one is it?

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I'm going to dress up as a lady for a few hours to see if that makes me feel any better about things.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, robert choice said:

I'm going to dress up as a lady for a few hours to see if that makes me feel any better about things.

Photo's?

Candid?

nudge nudge.