vlad666

Watford sack manager

Perhaps they’ve made the right move

Seen how things were going and hope a new face can get results 

We on the other hand have been a wait and see club with disastrous results as far as The Premiership is concerned 

54 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Good luck to whichever poor sod takes over. Watford's next eight fixtures: Liverpool, Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City. 

If we can get a bit of momentum, this season is far from over. Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton, Palace and Watford are all in a pretty bad place.

I agree with this 100%. As they said on MOTD (wash my mouth out) several of this season's teams have started so badly - was the stat something like 2 wins in 40ish games for the bottom 7?

We are seeing Normann as a real find, Kabak is settling now and we were gritty rather than pretty yesterday earning a point from a team who usually casually bully us to a 2-0 defeat. Confidence from these tiny steps could work wonders and hopefully we have started the push that snowball down the hill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know lots of Watford fans. They all hate the football they have to watch, and promotion last year was completely unexpected. They had to give grudging admiration to their manager because they got up but to a man they are happy he's gone. Most of them admire us a club and the way we are run.

We played them a bit too early. They have no style or substance, but I disagree that relegation will hurt them financially, unless they stay down for a couple of seasons; their borrowings are largely under control.

Perhaps the board have delusional ideas about being a top 6 club so sitting where they are is not cutting it - said with tongue in cheek 

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Watford's owner runs his club in a different way-not sure why there are so many negative comments about them on here, when we are supporters of another club who are also doing things a different way?

Watford's structure doesn't need a well-known manager, and the only big names Gino Pozzo has appointed have been Zola and Mazzarri. They will probably appoint another relatively unknown manager-they've probably already lined him up, as even I recognised that Xisco was out of his depth at this level.

Agreed. 

Comments on this thread such as 'crazy', 'fruitcake' and 'basketcase' are out of place in my opinion. It's a different strategy, but one that has worked extremely well for them. They started as a mid-table Championship team and they've spent six of the last seven seasons in the Premier League and had an FA Cup final appearance with this approach. 

Any prospective new coach knows the drill before they go in, so it isn't like they're going in with expectations of a long term project. They know it's a short-term role and will likely end up in a nice payoff with minimal risk of damage to the CV.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Certain posters on here are better suited to that club than ours. I'm proud that we're giving Farke the time and respect he has earned.

Okay, so if Watford stay up by being ruthless (which is what the EPL is all about) and Norwich go down with record low points haul by not being ruthless (which is why Norwich are wholly unsuited to this league) then who is going to be right? Watford board or Norwich numpty fans?

Just now, Big Vince said:

Okay, so if Watford stay up by being ruthless (which is what the EPL is all about) and Norwich go down with record low points haul by not being ruthless (which is why Norwich are wholly unsuited to this league) then who is going to be right? Watford board or Norwich numpty fans?

Binner

The only enjoyment I got when we played Watford was listening to the Watford supporters on the train up trying to list their managers. They decided the game was too bl**dy hard and gave up.

Game just got harder.

6 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

You can actually make your point without looking like a complete berk.

Who are the 'Norwich numpty fans'? The ones who travel and support their team or pr1c7s like you seizing on every chance to spout sh1te ?

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I agree with this 100%. As they said on MOTD (wash my mouth out) several of this season's teams have started so badly - was the stat something like 2 wins in 40ish games for the bottom 7?

We are seeing Normann as a real find, Kabak is settling now and we were gritty rather than pretty yesterday earning a point from a team who usually casually bully us to a 2-0 defeat. Confidence from these tiny steps could work wonders and hopefully we have started the push that snowball down the hill.

Where are goals coming from? I don't see any.

1 hour ago, daly said:

Perhaps they’ve made the right move

Seen how things were going and hope a new face can get results 

We on the other hand have been a wait and see club with disastrous results as far as The Premiership is concerned 

Voice of reason.

Is their strategy that mad? If there is such a thing as new manager bounce, then getting a third to half a season out of reinvigorating the existing squad, then changing manager may make more financial sense than spending money on new players.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Agreed. 

Comments on this thread such as 'crazy', 'fruitcake' and 'basketcase' are out of place in my opinion. It's a different strategy, but one that has worked extremely well for them. They started as a mid-table Championship team and they've spent six of the last seven seasons in the Premier League and had an FA Cup final appearance with this approach. 

Any prospective new coach knows the drill before they go in, so it isn't like they're going in with expectations of a long term project. They know it's a short-term role and will likely end up in a nice payoff with minimal risk of damage to the CV.

Exactly this. 

Their strategy looks questionable from the outside but its consistently got results many other clubs would kill for.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Exactly this. 

Their strategy looks questionable from the outside but its consistently got results many other clubs would kill for.

I was going to say, it looks crazy on paper but its regularly worked for them.

Much in the same way being self-funded is seen as impossible and crazy from those on the outside yet weve enjoyed more promotions and seasons in the prem than a whole host of multi millionaire backed clubs.

Could be bad news for us if they manage to appoint someone half decent and get the new manager bounce for a few games.

I think there could be a few coaches/managers hit the dirt in the coming weeks. November already looking pretty key for us.  

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

You can actually make your point without looking like a complete berk.

Who are the 'Norwich numpty fans'? The ones who travel and support their team or pr1c7s like you seizing on every chance to spout sh1te ?

Can I politely request that people don’t quote “Big” Vince? I’ve got him blocked but when he’s quoted I unfortunately can’t avoid his drivel and my already high blood pressure climbs another notch. 

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Can I politely request that people don’t quote “Big” Vince? I’ve got him blocked but when he’s quoted I unfortunately can’t avoid his drivel and my already high blood pressure climbs another notch. 

Thanks

Ha, ha. Absolutely.

My apologies, I understand your plight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks

Totally agree with this, I’ve blocked him too but I might have to start blocking people who quote him as well 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

So Watford, who walked all over us a couple of weeks ago, who have 6 more points than us, who have actually won 2 games, and have a goal difference of +11 versus us, have seen the light and sacked their Manager.

On the other hand, we get our first point at Burnley and are apparently happy to carry on as if everything is hunky dory.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2f8e5b85754f4b2566a2353ea6fc1eba.jpeg

Departed with class. 

He thinks Watford is a city? 😳😳😳

12 hours ago, Making Plans said:

So Watford, who walked all over us a couple of weeks ago, who have 6 more points than us, who have actually won 2 games, and have a goal difference of +11 versus us, have seen the light and sacked their Manager.

On the other hand, we get our first point at Burnley and are apparently happy to carry on as if everything is hunky dory.

Clutching at straws I reckon. I was glad we didn't get tonked by Burnley but that's the only positive I can come up with.

No goals again and relying on Pukki for a whole season? All too 'matey' at Norwich City under Farke.

20 hours ago, chicken said:

Good job we don't play in the Premiership then isn't it?

The league's official name is constantly changing. First it was the FA Carling Premiership.

In 2001 it became the Barclaycard Premiership.

In 2004 it became the Barclays Premiership.

And in 2007 it became the Barclays Premier League.

For most, it's just the English Premier League, or the Premiership

NITPICKER.  look it up