vlad666

Watford sack manager

Crazy. How do they expect to build anything or get decent managers if they are going to sack them at the first sign of trouble?  Any decent manager is going to run a mile if Watford come calling.

It should be interesting to see how it pans out. Will they have a bounce, or will they fold completely?

Those who want Farke gone should keep a careful eye on happenings at Vicarage Road over the coming months. 

Certain posters on here are better suited to that club than ours. I'm proud that we're giving Farke the time and respect he has earned.

Edited by Taiwan Canary
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Blimey...if we were Watford we'd be on our third manager this season by now

Third? 7th I feel would be closer 🤣

• Like 1

These Italian owners are crazy people. Any prospective manager would need their agent to have a dismissal clause running into 8 figures to make it worth even considering going there.

I thought this was a joke at first. Newly promoted club. 7 points in the bag already. Sacked (presumably) for failing to get a result away at Leeds..always a difficult place to go.

Seriously how were they expecting this season to go? Crazy.

I think what is behind this is the fear that if Watford get relegated they will be in serious financial trouble (unlike us, if we go down) and they want a more experienced coach.

Fair play to them. The majority of their fans wanted him out. Their board don't have faith in him keeping them up so have acted early. The Watford board are ruthless but they nearly always get results. Unfortunately I feel they will get it right again.

All the best. Keith.

Good luck to whichever poor sod takes over. Watford's next eight fixtures: Liverpool, Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City. 

If we can get a bit of momentum, this season is far from over. Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton, Palace and Watford are all in a pretty bad place.

Watford had a perfectly good goal ruled out by stupid officials and VAR, but there again Leeds had a penalty not awarded by VAR, so they should have lost 2-1 and not 1-nil, but really... he got the sack after that? It's no way to run anything - if they stay up it doesn't mean that changing the manager was what made the difference.

Football, and especially the Premiership, or whatever it is called at the moment, is in a very bad state and it will collapse at some point. When it does a lot of the blame should be put on those who run the show. Nobody seems capable of planning ahead anymore, nor of being able to see that there is/will be a problem ( see also driver shortages, food processing labour shortages and lots of other issues our glorious government has ignored warnings about).

Not really sure why this is news any more. He has done a great job and they've had a decent start, and only lost yesterday courtesy of a ridiculous decision to disallow a perfectly good equaliser.

I doubt Xisco is too disappointed, however. His stock has risen considerably and he'll get a nice payoff.

I doubt the people in charge of Watford are bothered either. They've been operating like this for the best part of a decade with a high turnover of coaches and players and they've only actually had one bad season in that time, when they got relegated in 2019/20. Apart from that, they've had several seasons in the Premier League, bounced back straight away and reached an FA Cup final so it works for them.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Thanks 1

Watford's owner runs his club in a different way-not sure why there are so many negative comments about them on here, when we are supporters of another club who are also doing things a different way?

Watford's structure doesn't need a well-known manager, and the only big names Gino Pozzo has appointed have been Zola and Mazzarri. They will probably appoint another relatively unknown manager-they've probably already lined him up, as even I recognised that Xisco was out of his depth at this level.

36 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Before we mock we should perhaps wait and see how it plays out 

Indeed...shouldnt be fooled by the result against us, I said after that game that they wouldnt beat anyone else bar us on that evidence.

They obviously identified their manager's shortcomings and have acted whilst there's still time as theyre obviously serious about maintaining their Premier League status....Rainieri being mentioned.

I wonder if we can say the same?

Watford really are a strange outfit.

I suppose it's financially worth someone going there, signing a juicy contract, then leaving via the tradesman entrance a few weeks/months later with a big payoff.

It's not going to do any damage to their CV as being dismissed from Vicarage Road doesn't count 🙂

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

These Italian owners are crazy people. Any prospective manager would need their agent to have a dismissal clause running into 8 figures to make it worth even considering going there.

Not so sure. It's a tasty gig for any prospective manager.

Brief with an instant pay-off and no bones broken.