Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JB

Importance Of Burnley Game Not Known Until Brighton

Recommended Posts

As my title suggests, although I'm pleased our losing streak is now over and we did well today as an individual result, I believe that today won't be relevant until after the Brighton game. If we lose to Brighton, the point well earned against Burnley, in my view, will be almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but, and I hope that, we beat Brighton, then today's point will seem brilliant. As it stands, it's fairly meaningless, and the meaning and relevance will become clear based on what happens next. I see it almost as a combo of 2 games. Draw versus Brighton, and I'll feel flat about both games. What do you guys reckon?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr Tea said:

I’m just pleased we have a point tbh.

 

Oh yes, absolutely, we did well, but that point will be of very little use overall should we take a hiding in 2 weeks. Not taking anything away from today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The importance of today for morale in supporters alone, given the upcoming international break, is vast - and it is bound to have lifted the players, too.  

This last week has been thread after thread of negativity, so we can at least head into this fortnight with a bit of optimism.  Had we lost again it would have been dreadful and leading up to the Brighton game would have not been great.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The importance of today for morale in supporters alone, given the upcoming international break, is vast - and it is bound to have lifted the players, too.  

This last week has been thread after thread of negativity, so we can at least head into this fortnight with a bit of optimism.  Had we lost again it would have been dreadful and leading me to the Brighton game would have not been great.

Really good point on morale. Spot on. Hadn't thought of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we lose to Brighton, but beat Chelsea, then what? Can't we just enjoy a good performance from the team and our first point before we diminish it with "what-ifs"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, JB said:

As my title suggests, although I'm pleased our losing streak is now over and we did well today as an individual result, I believe that today won't be relevant until after the Brighton game. If we lose to Brighton, the point well earned against Burnley, in my view, will be almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but, and I hope that, we beat Brighton, then today's point will seem brilliant. As it stands, it's fairly meaningless, and the meaning and relevance will become clear based on what happens next. I see it almost as a combo of 2 games. Draw versus Brighton, and I'll feel flat about both games. What do you guys reckon?

Bha look very sharp, we will need to be better in our play to get a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Brighton v Arsenal, they look a pretty good side and have Arsenal mostly on the back foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Bha look very sharp, we will need to be better in our play to get a result.

I agree with this, but we have played 3 games with 5 at the back, and if I'm frank, we seem to be getting to grip with it more and more with each 90 mins played. 

I'm optimistic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I agree with this, but we have played 3 games with 5 at the back, and if I'm frank, we seem to be getting to grip with it more and more with each 90 mins played. 

I'm optimistic.

Hi Frank. Dig the optimism! Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to stop the rot. Good to keep a clean sheet and to see genuine fight. 
 

The challenge now for Farke is to integrate our more dangerous/creative players into that line up to give us a genuine threat. I think that PLM and Kenny are too similar, we need Todd or Gilmour in that trio. I also think we need Rashica or Tzolis up with Pukki to give us extra pace. Sargent was not good today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really fault Sargent's effort but at the moment he looks a mid champs striker at best.  Will need to improve a lot as seems to carry v little threat. With our squad I'd probably go more a 3-4-3 with tzolis/cantwell/Rashica fighting for the 2 spots alongside puking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sargent's hold up play was far better than Idah's vs Liverpool, although it was patchy.  I think there's the makings of a good player there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...