Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

A Bitter Pill

I watched on Sky as so far away. I have admiration for all who went, Carrow Road sounded like a graveyard.  No wonder, as Norwich were awful and Ipswich were much the better side. It hurts me to say it but all credit to Joe Royle, on a ridiculous budget he gets a young disciplined team to play on the ground, with no fear. We were hoofing it so high I thought the ball would have frost on it when it came down. So much for thinking that when we got Ernie it was going to played to feet. Is this travesty of tactics a result of having a former defender as manager rather than a striker? I dont know, but what will it take to stop this recruitment of journeymen and the high & long ball game? A profound re-think by Worthy or a new manager...someone who is not afraid to blood youngsters (who are coached well) and get the team to keep the ball principally the floor. Lack of confidence is a factor, players scared of the ball, resulting in an anxious crowd...a vicious circle. Youngsters play without fear and supporters are more forgiving of their mistakes. The coaching and the management are at the core of the problem, it looks like the whole coaching set up at the club needs an overhaul, not just the manager, the results throughout the reserves and youth team support this. The football lesson today was a bitter pill to swallow but maybe its just what was needed. A change now would not hurt us too much, we stand very little chance of either the playoffs (would we want them?) or relegation. Give a new coaching team a chance to settle in before next season.    

Yeah, agree with all that. How many times did Greeno give the ball out to feet today? I think it was twice. Every time... lump it forward, loose the header, on the defensive. What kind of game plan is that? It''s just not acceptable any more.

Absolutely agree.

I reckon we lose possession after about 80% of our own goal kicks, and its been going on all season.

Why can''t Worthington see it?

Its nail on head Manchester !    not JUST Nigel  , its the entire coaching set up that  needs a drastic overhaul  .....    I`ve felt for a long time now   that the background staff  set up is way out of order , hopefully  this travesty of a match   will  shake  the boards complacency ?  

Just got back to Shropshire wishing I hadn''t got up at 6.30 this morning and given up my Sunday for such a gutless shower of ***t!

And to think we''ve bought tickets to go to hull next week too!

Its Greenos decision on passing remember - Worthys quote from Thursday.

We could not keep possession whoever had the, and found it even harder to get back - did we get one ''second'' ball; I am struggling to remember many. 

Yes that was incredible. It was clear that with Earnshaw and Johansson''s pace we could get in behind Ipswich''s back line because they were playing so high up the field, but the timing of runs and passing was awful and meant we never did successfully. It was funny (well tragic!) when we had 4 players caught offside all at the same time! Must be some kind of record!