Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Predict what MOTD will say about us

It’ll be last on, lots of ‘knowing’ looks/comments about how it was a poor game between two poor sides.  As if anyone cares.

I saw on the live text here that Sky said Burnley could/should have had 3 pens somehow - so I guess there’s something for them to focus on/a stick to beat us with.

Edited by Branston Pickle

No doubt something along the lines of.. “well that’s about all for tonight, a quick word on the Burnley game, a point each that will probably do neither team any good. Good night from us” roll credits.

“Where are Norwich going to find the other 39 points” - dunno or don’t really care if Dion is on tonight but he’ll hardly have retort will he?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No doubt Lineker will say something along the lines of 'Norwich yet again showing why they are bottom of the table, outclassed by a Better Burnley side that should have won' 🙃

I suspect we will be on just after the weather forecast . The bloke on Sky slaughtered the game . I doubt baldy Shearer will be much different. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

The comments they made about the Krul incident were strange but not unexpected as they seem to have it in for us.

A pen is hardly ever given against a goalie in that situation and if there was contact before the striker headed it was so split second you couldn't really tell.

It would have been very harsh.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The comments they made about the Krul incident were strange but not unexpected as they seem to have it in for us.

A pen is hardly ever given against a goalie in that situation and if there was contact before the striker headed it was so split second you couldn't really tell.

It would have been very harsh.

Ian Wright seemed heartbroken at the decision and stared down at the floor. If it had been the other way round they would have agreed with the ref and probably not shown it. 

There was no intent from Krul, had it been a clash of heads it would have been deemed accidental. 

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Ian Wright seemed heartbroken at the decision and stared down at the floor. If it had been the other way round they would have agreed with the ref and probably not shown it. 

There was no intent from Krul, had it been a clash of heads it would have been deemed accidental. 

Wright played for Burnley, he always takes his ex-clubs side in such matters.

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Intent is irrelevant. 

Personally, I think it was a penalty and we got away with one. However, good, we are due a bit of luck.

Camera angle supports both points of view. For me, Kruls defensive punch on the ball was in line with its flight and his eyes on the ball, at the same time as the attackers head entered that space. Taking out the opposition at the same time was a bonus and what Burnley players were doing to us all game.

Still enjoying the EFL on Quest myself and haven't bothered with the BBC for a long time.

Next thing is they will have women presenting it and reporting on the majority of matches.

2 minutes ago, robert choice said:

Still enjoying the EFL on Quest myself and haven't bothered with the BBC for a long time.

Next thing is they will have women presenting it and reporting on the majority of matches.

Sounds like a good idea we need more female representation in sports 😉