Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Kevin Friend

We're all (myself included) quick to slag off refs, but I thought he was outstanding today, didn't buy any of that nonsense from Burnley anytime they got near our box or be influenced by their moronic support shouting handball for everything. 

👍

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

We're all (myself included) quick to slag off refs, but I thought he was outstanding today, didn't buy any of that nonsense from Burnley anytime they got near our box or be influenced by their moronic support shouting handball for everything. 

👍

I thought he done well to book a couple Burnley players early, stopped them being able to repeatedly kick. Well, it didn't really stop them but it was less consistent.

Yup, thought he got most things right - Kenny got an elbow to the head in the first challenge that should have been a card straight away, but otherwise didn’t let them (or us, but most mostly them!) get away with much. Far better than the usual we seem to get lumbered with. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup, thought he got most things right - Kenny got an elbow to the head in the first challenge that should have been a card straight away, but otherwise didn’t let them (or us, but most mostly them!) get away with much. Far better than the usual we seem to get lumbered with. 

Looked like a straight punch for me! But apart from that he did really well. A lot of other refs. would have caved in.

The punch by Krul from their corner in my opinion was a clear penalty. He punched their player square in the face, if it was on our player I’d be very annoyed if we did not get a penalty for that. 

clear dive by the Burnley player to try and win a penalty from Aarons and rather than book the Burnley player he booked Aarons for telling him to do his job properly. 

I could point out more I didn’t like but thought overall he was as bad for both teams and all anyone wants is consistency 

15 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Very good ref today, not a single VAR check and he didn’t take any BS from the burnley mob, crowd were on his back the whole game but he stood firm

They automatically check every challenge in the box - which confirms the ref got the key (and very tight) decisions correct.

Fair play to him because a lot of those decisions weren't easy - especially when you've got the home crowd appealing. We've seen refs swayed by Dyche's grumblings before!

Just looked on the Burnley FB page (some funny looking critters on there), safe to say they don't agree with me. 

15 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The punch by Krul from their corner in my opinion was a clear penalty. He punched their player square in the face, if it was on our player I’d be very annoyed if we did not get a penalty for that.  

No way is that a pen - Krul entitled to go for it and got the ball.  I wouldn’t think it a pen either for or against us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No way is that a pen - Krul entitled to go for it and got the ball.  I wouldn’t think it a pen either for or against us. 

1) he didn’t get the ball 

2) you can’t punch people in the face. 

if you’d like to attack a cross with me in goal and let me punch you in the face to demonstrate how this is a penalty happy to oblige 

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

if you’d like to attack a cross with me in goal and let me punch you in the face to demonstrate how this is a penalty happy to oblige 

If you’re right it was a pen - but you aren’t, so it isn’t. And the fact that it wasn’t given backs me up rather than you. Watch it again, this time with your eyes open.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

He clearly got the ball FFS 🙄

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

If you’re right it was a pen - but you aren’t, so it isn’t. Period. 

Rules are subjective. Var looked at it didn’t give it. 9/10 against us I’d bet it’s given. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

He clearly got the ball FFS 🙄

Did you go to the game or watch it online? I had it on stream and the replay was shown 3-4 times and none of them looked like he got the ball on my stream

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Did you go to the game or watch it online? I had it on stream and the replay was shown 3-4 times and none of them looked like he got the ball on my stream

I watched a totally different stream to you then - you’re sure it was the right game?!

I watched it on a English broadcasting 'ahem' high quality babblin' brook, and I initially thought Krull connected with the ball first then and on the replays shown, it convinced me 'and the commentator and the pundit' that Timmy did connect with the ball first.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

I watched it on a English broadcasting 'ahem' high quality babblin' brook, and I initially thought Krull connected with the ball first then and on the replays shown, it convinced me 'and the commentator and the pundit' that Timmy did connect with the ball first.....

I did think it was going to be a pen at first, but then the reply came up and you could see Krul got the tiniest little touch on the ball. Do feel it was very 50/50 and could see it being given

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

if it was one of our players getting punched I’d feel really hard done by if we’d not got the penalty. Goalkeepers though have always seemed to benefit from extra protection. 

Havent seen the incident - but I thought the extra protection keepers got was when on the receiving end, not more leeway for 'giving it out' 

58 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Best ref this season. Felt as though he didn't need the back up of VAR like some of them do.

But that’s the point, the likes of Jasper Dean if she’s at Stockley Park suggest you might want to take a look at some innocuous shoulder barge or leg tangle and then turn it into a major infringement or card - playing it over and over again at 1/16th speed…..

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Havent seen the incident - but I thought the extra protection keepers got was when on the receiving end, not more leeway for 'giving it out' 

There’s been a lot of times when watching games, where I’ve thought the GK has fouled an attacking player from a corner or free kick, the foul inexplicably is given to the goalkeeper for seemingly running into, punching, kicking, pushing ect attacker

• Like 1