dylanisabaddog

Accrington Stanley! Who are they?

losing to "Teams like Accrington Stanley" ? ..............surely not 🤣

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

TWTD is already entertaining 😂

There is a poster on there still claiming they have the best squad on paper, just not on the pitch!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hope none of the fans getting the train home don't bump into the binners.. Only 7 miles apart

I think a few travelling canaries might hope otherwise 😂

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

An udder classic.....

You're gonna milk this one, aren't you .................

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m at Accrington now, a couple of them just got on.

Could be a fun ride home😀

Just now, ricardo said:

Could be a fun ride home😀

They went to a different part of the carriage-can’t see them now. I doubt they would realise I am a Norwich fan anyway.

They had less than 1800 home fans today, and the town has a population of 35,000. Which is well below that of Kings Lynn. They are currently well above the binners in the table. As are those other giants of football, Burton, Morecambe, Cambridge and Cheltenham. I hope the binners were not waving money about today, to let Accies know they have wealthy owners.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hope none of the fans getting the train home don't bump into the binners.. Only 7 miles apart

Yes, interesting nugget of information that from Radio Norfolk.

I wonder if that's the closest the two teams have ever been when playing separate fixtures at the same time ?
Possible if they both had away fixtures to London clubs in the past or other teams in the North West.

Now there's a stat that would take some time to investigate !

Edited by K Lo

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Did on the way apparently

6 hours ago, treacletown07 said:

I once lived with a girl who was the ex-girlfriend of the brother of one of the boys in this advert; and by 'lived with' I mean that she lived in the same building as me but about as far away as physically possible from me. 

I just looked this Macauley Bonne up as I had thought him some youngster they had suddenly produced. No chance. He's 25 and on loan from QPR ie. surplus to requirements in the Championship.

Yesterday our defence played against an established trio of top-rated strikers in Wood, Vydra and Rodriguez and kept a clean sheet.

Say no more

I'm really hoping we draw them in the F. A. Cup this season. It could well bring them back down to earth ... as yesterday's result didn't seem to manage it.

Edited by BroadstairsR

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I just looked this Macauley Bonne up as I had thought him some youngster they had suddenly produced. No chance. He's 25 and on loan from QPR ie. surplus to requirements in the Championship.

Yesterday our defence played against an established trio of top-rated strikers in Wood, Vydra and Rodriguez and kept a clean sheet.

Say no more

I'm really hoping we draw them in the F. A. Cup this season. It could well bring them back down to earth ... as yesterday's result didn't seem to manage it.

That would require them to get through the first 2 rounds😂

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This is incredible, the level of delusion to think that they could beat us.

They can barely field a side that can get past most league one teams and they have conceded 17 in 10 games. Can you imagine what Tzolis and Rashica would do to them.

6 hours ago, 1902 said:

This is incredible, the level of delusion to think that they could beat us.

They can barely field a side that can get past most league one teams and they have conceded 17 in 10 games. Can you imagine what Tzolis and Rashica would do to them.

Yes I can imagine. Like @BroadstairsRI'm hoping they get through to the 3rd round but I can't see it happening somehow.....