Petriix

Farkeball > Hoofball

16 hours ago, East Rider said:

Put it this way (to those who feel we threw the game), if we were in the top 5 at this point would we be happy with a point at Burney?

Would we?

100% yes we would, so give them credit for an excellent battling display. The team look good against the ball and won back possession time and time again.

This will at least stop some of the critics nationally but probably not locally

I braved MOTD to here them being positive, ok maybe a bit too far,  to them being non negative about our defence in saying we had numbers back and It was a better performance.

we needed a point more than we needed a brilliant performance and we got it. Build on that in training and Brighton and let’s see how we look.

16 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think anyone who’s happy clapping a point against a very poor Burnley team needs their head checked. It’s a start and better than getting beat but when did we become so happy with mediocrity against poor opponents? 

I think the poor run of results so far this season seems to of dampened everyone’s ambition on what actually is a point gained or two dropped. I put this solidly in the two dropped column. 

It's a mess.

The owners and Webber have put together a Poundland team knowing full well that they would be competing with Harrods.

We are relegated already and just watch the rats leaving the sinking ship when it happens next May.

7 minutes ago, robert choice said:

It's a mess.

The owners and Webber have put together a Poundland team knowing full well that they would be competing with Harrods.

We are relegated already and just watch the rats leaving the sinking ship when it happens next May.

I don’t agree that we are relegated already there is still lots of time in the season to pick up points.

I don’t think In general most of the recruitment seems to be bad. I’d like us to find more of a balance between being defensively solid but also being able to attack teams and cause them problems at their end of the pitch. 

I think it's still way too early to assume relegation is a certainty because there are too many teams struggling at the bottom, the biggest issue for me at the moment is the lack of creativity.

• Like 1

Good thread, this, all about the balance between attack and defence. Personally I'm delighted with a point and a clean sheet from yesterday, but equally that formation is not going to create enough chances to keep us up.

Beginning to think that 3-4-2-1 might be the way to go for us to strike a bit of a better balance. Same back three and wing backs, Normann and AN Other at DM (similar to Rice and Phillips for England). Then you could pick any two of Josh, Todd, Dowell, Milot or Christos to play behind Pukki.

I was negative going into yesterday, but having lost 6 straight matches this season, playing Burnley who have bullied us many times in the past no matter how poor they've been this season, the lack of confidence in our attacking play, I'm strangely more positive this morning.  Sure, I am conflicted about whether approaching the match in a pragmatic, non-"Norwich" way rather than doing it the Norwich way, but it was a horses for courses approach for once and we need a platform to build from.

I'm hoping now given more game time, the new players will settle and shine, confidence will flow and we can return to a bit more Farke ball.  I think all this wringing of hands over not winning yesterday is a bit OTT.  But you have your opinion, I have mine.

OTBC.

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

I find it astonishing some on here can't see that we're having to do what we can to build a bit of confidence and momentum back into the squad.

People complained repeatedly that all we do against Burnley is get bullied and lose 2-0. Look at the prediction threads. Then we go and actually match up physically to them, and the complaints are that we aren't playing liquid football.

I actually can't believe it needs explaining that to play the style of football we do and play two wingers etc requires a certain level of confidence. We need to get that back before we think we have the right to go and play through teams.

Spot on Hoggy, switched off from the forum for a few weeks whilst in particular a certain poster started incessant threads promoting bad feeling towards those in charge (not helpful imo), but anyway am pleased to see us mix it up, that was exactly what was needed to stop the rot. I too don’t think it’s the end of ‘Farkeball’ at all, but rather it’s quite frankly just not a style of play you can pull off effectively without 100% confidence and swagger (not to mention teammate familiarity) - now it looks like we’re getting back to basics to restore that and then I think all being well well then, when the players have said confidence restored, start playing more slickly and aggressively around the final 3rd again. If Brentford can play well in the Premier League, then we most certainly can. The only difference with them is that they’re full of confidence and that’s why they’re punching above their weight if you like.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robert choice said:

It may surprise you to know that nobody is relegated already. If it happens it's some way off, not after seven games