Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Good

Danny Haynes.......Very Impressive...

I thought the young lad caused our back four no end of problems today and only when he came on did Ipswich come to life. He has blistering pace and is only what 19 years old  and is going to be a big asset to Ipswich. I believed he was the best player for Ipswich and was very alert to be picking up on all the loose balls that went around. His persistence ended up in the scummers winning goal and I was extremely impressed by him.

Maybe Worthy might want to look at players like him. Although Earnshaw is in the same type of mould but extremely ineffective today.

Anyone elses thoughts on him?

Yes Ipswich''s youth set up seems to produce a significant number of talented youngsters. Look at the number of youngsters they had playing today who have come up through the youth ranks. Of our starting 11, only Green has come through our youth policy. We have to start bringing through more home grown youngsters!

Norwich had haynes on trial a couple of years ago so i am told, but he wasnt deemed good enough.

Danny Haynes came to Norwich about 18 months ago for a trial along with a fellow Chartlon player Andrew Cave Brown.  But for whatever reason he was not signed at that time, Norwich had offered only 4 scholarships Joe Lewis (Keeper) Adam Gusterson & Rossi Jarvis (Defenders) and Andrew Fisk (Defensive Midfiled) you think they would have taken a chance on both the Charlton boys but they only signed Andrew Cave Brown (they did not offer Danny Haynes)

Whilst I know that Ipswich bring their youngsters on differently to Norwich they do not allow them to play 2 games a week ie reserves & academy I cannot believe that this lad has improved this much (and developed pace) in that short time surely there is something wrong in the way in which we select and nurture our youngsters.

PS I AGREE I THOUGHT HE WAS VERY GOOD TODAY.

he was good i must confess, altho i do remember shouting all sorts at him after he went down and needed the physio after every challenge, he was clearly wasting time at 1-1 and then got his ''Hand Of Sod'' (yes i meant sod) goal. just our luck really.