Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (A/PL) ****

Just now, paokfan said:

Amen to that!

Strongbow Dark 4pack on the go, tastes a bit better for a change!

That was a game between two teams that haven't won all season and it showed. Lots of effort from both sides but the quality was dire. I'd be amazed if Norwich and Burnley don't finish bottom two. Not a criticism of us but that was a game between two Championship sides. 

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Lol can't win an argument, so you go to grammar, think that says a lot more about you than me.

Take your loss on move on, pal

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Lol can't win an argument, so you go to grammar, think that says a lot more about you than me.

You haven't really coherently said anything to argue for or against.

10 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

We have literally played one of the worst teams in the league and have not attacked.

Which game were you watching/listening to?

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

So who do we attack then to get the points required!? We have literally played one of the worst teams in the league and have not attacked. I don't understand how no one can see that!?

I spy with my little eye…. We needed a clean sheet as a priority and got that… we have some 9 new players to integrate which takes a lot of time….  We’ve not got many players with EPL experience so it’s a learning process….  Farke and the players are under pressure from clueless, impatient fans and so wanted to make sure they didn’t lose especially by making mistakes…  

what we do is build some confidence (this result will help), keep working hard, attack more when we have home support behind us etc…. Develop into a more attacking team once all players are settled

First and foremost though, we need to make ourselves hard to beat, we did that today and given these are all valid points, hoping you can see that.    You’re expectations are far too high since it’s a new team and so much work required. 

• Thanks 1

Don't know about anyone else, but Keith mate..Keith big fella...you're late with your post match musings! Tut tut....really need you to find lots of things that were wrong, that Farke should be out. Come on, don't keep us on tenterhooks. You've been a standout star so far this season too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This performance and result was exactly what was needed to end a barren run. It steadies the ship and gives us a bit of confidence to build on so its a thumbs up from me.👍

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, kirku said:

Crap rule, that. No punishment for the dive but yellow for highlighting it? Ridiculous

Wouldn’t disagree. Personally I don’t thing Kevin Friend had a good match at all. Very inconsistent.

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Wouldn’t disagree. Personally I don’t thing Kevin Friend had a good match at all. Very inconsistent.

I thought he was ok. Yes maybe a bit inconsistent but he didn’t make any major errors and he didn’t cave to any of their constant penalty calls/falling over in the box.

I think it is a decent point. The first thing to get is some confidence and solidity at the back to build on and we got that today. Building a better attack onto it is the next few steps. 

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Not conceding is as important as not scoring....although just the one goal winner wouldn't have gone amiss....

Baby steps in the big league. What we showed today was that we HAVE learnt from last time around! I hope the critics will stick that in their pipe. 

44 minutes ago, ricardo said:

An away point and a clean sheet.👍

Absolutely, anybody who understands football will know how important it was today to be solid, to get at least point on the board and ideally not concede. Something to build on, a confidence booster.

• Like 1

Playing  against a muck n nettles side the lads showed grit, fight, determination and that feels so good. As others have said we had to  make a start somewhere and today the lads  stuck to their guns and got a point and a clean sheet away from home in the Prem..that 1-0 home win vs Leicester was so dang long ago so this is likely one of the best 0-0 draws weve had in many a season.

Dreams of great attacking play and  wonderful  amounts of goals can wait a bit..today was about grit and fight and laying that foundation...well done lads. OTBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spillay said:

Strongbow Dark 4pack on the go, tastes a bit better for a change!

If Farke can make that **** taste better he really is the messiah 😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I like the op package. Thanks Chicken.

Trying to keep it to the basics - the thread itself is the content, the OP is just the placeholder really isn't it? Doesn't need my view or opinion inserted into it.

I do keep thinking about what other things can be added to it. I have included the Beebs pre-game article before and can do again. Teams are released about an hour before KO and I'm not always in a position to add that - others usually do anyway. Any other ideas to add to the OP? Also, is on the day ok or would folks prefer the day/evening before?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, chicken said:

Trying to keep it to the basics - the thread itself is the content, the OP is just the placeholder really isn't it? Doesn't need my view or opinion inserted into it.

I do keep thinking about what other things can be added to it. I have included the Beebs pre-game article before and can do again. Teams are released about an hour before KO and I'm not always in a position to add that - others usually do anyway. Any other ideas to add to the OP? Also, is on the day ok or would folks prefer the day/evening before?

Keeping doing what you are doing athough I'd keep it to the day for starting the thread. I'd say if you are going to be doing regular threads you only need to add a little something to each one and not try to constantly hit every base. Like one week some stupid banter or one week an insight into the town or the team. A pub to visit or a memory from visiting their ground.

Check out this thread from Bristol City for thoughts however that would be very time intensive.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209439-norwich-h-sat-31st-oct-1230-matchday-thread/#comments

I also sometimes look a site called sportsmole for their previews also

You can also edit your opening post to include teams(if you get time like you said)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bovril said:

That was a game between two teams that haven't won all season and it showed. Lots of effort from both sides but the quality was dire. I'd be amazed if Norwich and Burnley don't finish bottom two. Not a criticism of us but that was a game between two Championship sides. 

Kinda agree but I feel like both have been low on confidence lately. Confidence can carry teams a long way. A couple of results for either team could be like a shot in the arm

Edited by Michael Starr