Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (A/PL) ****

Was really keen to hear that whistle then! We’re being put under a lot of pressure but generally coping pretty well. This has been a definite improvement on the Everton first half performance.

I’d like to see one of Tzolis or Rashica for Sargent though, he was great against Watford but been awful since.

I think our midfield 3 is looking better. All 3 are putting themselves about well IMO.

Burnley have been fading in games of late so the longer we can keep this 0-0 the better, could even see us nicking a win 😳

Decent solid half but very little attacking threat so far.

CBs defending well against a barrage of crosses, but you feel sooner or later one will go in.

Battling well enough at the moment but lacking numbers in midfield. Hope Normann can last the pace.

So much better defensively, would like to see us counter quicker but glad we're not just tippy tapping it across the back so much. Is there anything Burnley don't appeal for handball for? 

Ref's been decent. 

Also what a pig headed bunch of fans this Burnley lot are. By their reckoning they should’ve had 5 pens in that first half, and I think poor Hanley would’ve given away 4 of them… absolute melts! 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Decent solid half but very little attacking threat so far.

CBs defending well against a barrage of crosses, but you feel sooner or later one will go in.

Battling well enough at the moment but lacking numbers in midfield. Hope Normann can last the pace.

We don't look like scoring we need Hugill 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Sargent off for tzolis. I know it’s early days but I just don’t see what Sargent offers apart from work rate. 

His size gives them more to think about. I think Tzolis would get lost in their gorilla defence 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So much better defensively, would like to see us counter quicker but glad we're not just tippy tapping it across the back so much. Is there anything Burnley don't appeal for handball for? 

Ref's been decent. 

My only real criticism, a few times we’ve broken nicely then been far to slow to carve out a shooting opportunity letting Burnley get back.

Bit of steel in our defence for the first time. Given the context of the season so far this isn't too bad. I still think we are one mistake away from conceding but we have a chance to get something from this game, fingers-crossed.

Missed the first 10 mins of the half but from what i've seen we are holding our own in terms of physicality with Burnley which is a good sign considering how things went against them last time around, Hanley has played really well and Normann has been great in the middle. 

Just need to find a spark somewhere as we look very laboured in attack at the moment.

OTBC!!!

Edited by robertociNCFC

Can someone please explain to me why tarkoski was allowed to flying elbow McLean in the face and go unpunished? If i did that to someone tonight I'd be arrested, why didn't VAR check that back and send him off?

• Like 2

I also don't think Sargent has been as bad as people are making out, he's offering more than Pukki is 🤷‍♂️

What a stressful half of football that was. Both sides really poor, not a great watch for a neutral I’d imagine, but I think we can nick a win a here. 

Whilst it was pretty backs to the wall stuff towards the end of the half, I think we’ve defended well for the most part and if we can keep that up and bring on some more direct players (I.e Tzolis and Rashica) we should be able to snatch a goal or 2 on the break.

Let’s hope those boos have demoralised the Burnley players so badly they can’t compete in the second half 😉

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whatever happens in this second half..Burnley are down this season. The Premier League has finally caught up with them

They don't look great do they?

It's like a group of bouncers were out on a day trip and have somehow got thrown on a footy pitch and told, "Go play!"

OTBC

Normann is such an interesting player to watch, can’t put my finger on it. Looks like he’s got so much quality in possession and with the long ball but then in other moments can be so sloppy, it’s like he rushes things a bit too much at times, like his mind is going faster than his feet can work the ball.

He seems liable to switching off a bit too, and certainly not close to a Skipp replacement when it comes to covering defensive pockets is he? He reminds of a Pogba or Xhaka type, he’s almost certainly going to be at the centre of everything for us this season (good and bad).

Thank god that header didn’t go in toward the end of the half!

Also, what the füčk is up with Burnley’s support? I know it must be terrible living in Burnley but Jesus Christ, they’re a miserable ol’ lot aren’t they? 

Burnley sitting on 4 yellows so every chance of a red, but I think Farke will be looking for the draw rather than open up the attack regardless. With Burnley looking for a penalty VAR is hopefully our 12th man.

OTBC

Edited by KiwiScot

Total revelation for me. We're out-Burnleying Burnley for Chrissakes! Teemu won a header!!. We defended like our lives depended on it for the first fifteen, but we need to keep it up. Sargent has been doing a good job for me, harrying their defence & winning the ball on a couple of occasions before finding a team mate. Pukki's nearly been through a couple of times. It's coming.

A proper battling performance with signs of class coming through. It's getting better, that's all I ask.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Let’s hope those boos have demoralised the Burnley players so badly they can’t compete in the second half 😉

Probably more likely aimed at the ref for not giving in to their incessant penalty appeals ........

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Can someone please explain to me why tarkoski was allowed to flying elbow McLean in the face and go unpunished? If i did that to someone tonight I'd be arrested,

Even if you did a perfectly fair slide tackle to a random member of public you’d still probably be arrested?

• Haha 3

Burnley are a bit physical in the tackle.....although I think the ref has their number.....hence their 4 yellows....We need to knuckle down and maintain the impetus.....

Just now, ron obvious said:

Total revelation for me. We're out-Burnleying Burnley for Chrissakes! Teemu won a header!!. We defended like our lives depended on it for the first fifteen, but we need to keep it up. Sargent has been doing a good job for me, harrying their defence & winning the ball on a couple of occasions before finding a team mate. Pukki's nearly been through a couple of times. It's coming.

A proper battling performance with signs of class coming through. It's getting better, that's all I ask.

Yep, I’ve enjoyed it and agree with nearly all of this! Although I do think Sargent has had a bit of a mare, can’t fault the guy’s work ethic though. Good to see everyone getting stuck in. 

Pukki taken for granted by Farke since he arrived apart from Rhodes 18/9.  Not given any assistance up top in last PL Drmic no support at all 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Even if you did a perfectly fair slide tackle to a random member of public you’d still probably be arrested?

Big difference between that and blatantly elbowing somebody in the face

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Only if you took a ball off him

1 minute ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Also, what the füčk is up with Burnley’s support? I know it must be terrible living in Burnley but Jesus Christ, they’re a miserable ol’ lot aren’t they? 

Probably cause they know they'll be bottom at full time! 

OTBC 💛💚💛💚