Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (A/PL) ****

Anyone thinking we get a point today needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Only chance is to go back to 4231 farkeball, play our best attackers at once, and attack them.

Never gonna happen. 

• Like 2

Then again when the game kicks off it’s 0-0 so if we defend well, there’s possibly a point right there.     Regardless, it’s still too soon for this team, so many new faces, so if we do lose again, I won’t be pant wetting!   

25 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

when the game kicks off it’s 0-0 so if we defend well, there’s possibly a point right there

You are Chris 'Houghton'.....and I claim my € 6-57!!!! 😇😉👍

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Needs must sadly! 

If we get a draw let it be a morale boosting comeback score draw , they feel so much better than being pegged back once ahead.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

we must man mark Wood if you leave him free at a set piece with our Zonal marking he will punish us 

Given Kabak does not know how to jump or how to defend when another player jumps for the ball If I were a gamlbing man good money on Wood scoring a header..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If we get a draw let it be a morale boosting comeback score draw , they feel so much better than being pegged back once ahead.

would prefer a score draw over a 0-0 anyday, but right now, anything to stop this horrendous run.   

Edited by ged in the onion bag

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given Kabak does not know how to jump or how to defend when another player jumps for the ball If I were a gamlbing man good money on Wood scoring a header..

or Hanley watching the Ball go over his head waiting for Gibson to pick up Wood but as Wood is not in his Zone area he is just watching wood head it in the net !! 

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sounds money well spent on Gibson and Kabak

26 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

we must man mark Wood if you leave him free at a set piece with our Zonal marking he will punish us 

So would tiny Tim to be fair.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daly said:

Sounds money well spent on Gibson and Kabak

i think it is all to complicated at the back 

if you asked Hanley to stop Wood and man mark him i am sure he would do a good job and relish the battle 

both the same sort of speed both strong in the Air also Hanley knows his job stop wood and thats it !  

its when players are swapping moving around our defenders never pick them up 

• Like 2

FML. 3-5-2 again. Zero attacking threat. Inevitably the scoreline will end 'Norwich 0'. Instead of 3 attacking midfielders we're playing 0.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don’t be Krul said:

How does McLean keep his place and STILL no Sorensen. Unbelievable. Canary call might be tasty at 5

Tzolis and Rashica must be wondering why they bothered joining, even more so now we see no need for wingers apprently..

Just now, Petriix said:

FML. 3-5-2 again. Zero attacking threat. Inevitably the scoreline will end 'Norwich 0'. Instead of 3 attacking midfielders we're playing 0.

If we played 4-2-3-1 we would be crushed. When the wingbacks played like wingbacks we didn't look impotent against Everton, if they play like full backs then I agree, we will be useless.

All i can say with that side is i hope we go direct which we  wont do  ! 

looks Solid if we keep in Shape 

i would agree not must Attacking threat unless we go direct with Sargent knocking it down Flicking it on for Pukki 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 minute ago, Don’t be Krul said:

How does McLean keep his place and STILL no Sorensen. Unbelievable. Canary call might be tasty at 5

Beggars belief! He has been a liability in the last 2 games.

• Like 3

Not a huge surprise 532 again, wasn’t likely to ditch it his soon. Tricky one for selection today - do you try and match them / counter their physical threat a bit, or do you back yourselves to go and outplay them. My concern here is that we still get bullied and we’d have been better just going 4231 and going for it. 

• Like 1

Happy enough with the set up, shane Cantwell isn't fit to replace on of the central three though. Hopefully we have more threat out wide with Dimi in for Williams.