Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Be honest. How do you see it panning out against Burnley?

Taking off the green and yellow specs, how do you honestly see it going against Burnley tomorrow? 

After their hard earned 2-2 draw at Leicester I can only imagine Sean Dyche will be rubbing his hands in glee in anticipation for us to turn up. I would describe myself as a generally Percy positive type however, having been present at most games this season including against a depleted Everton, I'm struggling to see us being able to get a foot hold in one of the toughest and more physical matches of the season. This has misery written all over it. 

Heart says 1-1

Head says 2-0 Burnley ......................................... (if we defend well)

Thank god it will only be Brighton at CR afterwards.....

The superb away support deserve a result and performance, and if it was on fan effort alone we would top this league.

• Like 1

Not well, at the moment, but it's down to Farke and the lads to change that. 

We need to come out and play, and give it a go. Something we just haven't done in the league this season apart from maybe in patches against Leicester. Let's take the initiative!

2-0 to Burnley. We lack the physical strength and tactical nous to beat them. I hope I'm wrong, but another very difficult afternoon. 

Heart says we do an 'Everton' of 2 seasons ago, a weird performance where we take our chances and the other teams just offer nothing. That bit of luck we need, to put away a chance and the opposition to have an off day.

My head says we will be playing well and then Burnley will score with their first or second chance around the 30 minute mark. We will rally after the break, maybe even pull one back but we won't be able to go the full 90 without another unforced error and that will be that. Cheerful, but I feel like the pattern we have seen so far this season has started to condition my expectations. Still, I back them and I hope my heart is right on this one.

Have no idea what I think the outcome will be, but will be expecting them to press us high and try and force mistakes and try to bully us - and it is up to us to find a way of bypassing them.  It will be an interesting battle and could go either way, but I'm hoping our new players are sufficiently in to it now to show why we bought them and produce something to write home about.

Edited by lake district canary

Up until the penalty against Everton and for 5-10 mins before their second, we were 'in the game' against them even though we had very little meaningful shots on target.

If we can produce that type of performance and a bit of the performance against Leicester just before we scored the disallowed equaliser, we may, just may have a feint chance of getting something there.

In other thoughts, I'm going 5 yellows to Burnley for 'professional/tough' fouls and one red card for us for retaliation.

We could probably outplay them but we could never outbully them.

They will cheat and dive and we will have no answer to it. 3-0 and probably a red card.

Similar to last season- a comfortable 2-0 win for Burnley with them generally keeping us at arms length most of the game.

I just think we'll be out-muscled and any attempt to play by us would simply be quashed. Not optimistic, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see 2-0 to Burnley. After the first goal conceded, I suspect we will fold. 

Edited by JB

I'd give Lakey's right arm for an away win tomorrow - would stop him happy clapping. 

But I, too, predict a routine 2 -0 home win - headed goals from Wood and Tarkowski.

i Think we could outplay them but they will turn it into a very Direct game 

like other teams have done they will let us have the ball in our half let us pass it around but if any danger towards their goal they will be solid ,strong and organised , long ball to wood to hold up quick break and good night 

They will also love the set pieces with our very weak marking and i can see Wood having some success there also 

Out and out wingers against full backs who don't like defending, what could possibly go wrong?

3 - 0 loss. Poor set pieces leading to at least one goal. I can't see us scoring.

A long difficult winter ahead.

We'll have the majority of possession with no cutting edge and get caught on the counter as a result of our own sloppiness. It'll be a bit like groundhog day reliving recent performances. If we get nil we've done well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

Similar to last season- a comfortable 2-0 win for Burnley with them generally keeping us at arms length most of the game.

I'll add that we'll come out of the blocks strong before conceding a sloppy goal after about 10/15 minutes that completely saps our confidence.

10-0 Burnley. Farke resigns at half time with the score at 8-0, Neil Adams takes charge and we make a spirited fight of it in the second period only conceding a further two goals. Craig Forrest turns up at full time to do some cartwheels that someone has finally conceded more than 9. The Premier League relegate us on the spot. Adams recruits the dream team of Russell and Ricky Martin and the PinkUn finally has it's Chernobyl moment as it is swamped by bell ends revelling in their own misery saying I told you so and wishing we were some poxy tinpot club that's had a great last five minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

They look poor but you still expect them to score within half hour and it’s game over again. If Norwich turn up and show some mental strength then who knows. 

Really want to be positive about this one,really I do,but I just see Burnley again being too strong physically for us to handle. Aarons needs to stop McNeil from delivering the crosses which Woods thrives on and Hanley and co need to be resolute in the defence of those crosses. Unfortunately,can't see either if these happening on past history. So hope i'm wrong!!!!

...on second thoughts..why don't we all lose all the negative beliefs and try and send some positive vibes through our phones and ipads into the ether up to Burnley..you never know..BELIEVE!!!🤣🔰🔰🔰

If we stop them crossing, we've a chance of getting something. This is one where three at the back makes sense as you'd think a Hanley / Kabak / Omobamidele back three should certainly have enough pace for their usual front two, and Omobamidele's underrated in the air. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they chuck Vydra on instead of Wood and Barnes as Vydra's fast. Not to mention Hanley, as a former Blackburn player, would probably be even more up for a Burnley match than anyone.

I thought we were solid against Everton, Kabak's brain-fart aside, and competed more effectively. McLean may be drinking in the last-chance saloon with two schnitzers leading to opposition goals in two matches but we need his physicality over Rupp in this one.

Head says we lose 1-0, heart thinks we can get something here the longer we keep it goalless. But we'll have to be ready for a fast start.