Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Be honest. How do you see it panning out against Burnley?

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Just before 2pm the last glimmer of hope will be extinguished from my heart as the teams are announced and, once again, we'll be playing a 3 man midfield with some new, untried combination of McLean, PLM, Rupp and/or Gilmour.

Without a number 10 Pukki will remain isolated, Rashica will make a number of great runs down the wing before crossing the ball for their keeper to catch or the defenders to head clear. Tzolis will work hard but keep giving the ball away.

The midfield will repeatedly get caught out of position leading to at least one goal from a cross. At least one other goal will come from a set piece. 

We'll have several great periods where we're totally dominant but will fail to take any of our chances while Burnley will score from their first attempt.

At least one of the goals will be a marginal call but ultimately be allowed after VAR decides not to intervene. We'll be penalised for loads of soft fouls but have nothing given our way.

Farke will bemoan us not getting the rub of the green and insist that the players are close to delivering and just need a bit more time. 

Lakey will post something positive about how we're going to finish in the top half and be rightly ridiculed. The usual suspects will be on here calling for Delia to sack herself, her cat and anyone who has ever worked for the club so that the billionaire investors who she's been holding back can takeover the club and get us to our rightful place in the champions league.

Match of the day will sum up our chances by just getting Alan Shearer to do a loud fart.

I laughed at this post, then I cried, then I crawled into bed, and then I took an antidepressant. Brutal. But sadly likely on the mark.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Mate, you've clearly not played at Accrington. 😉

Could tell that when you mentioned the word "turf" combined with "rainy". Only got grass there when it's dry. When it's wet, you just have a mud bath. When it's bone dry, which often happens due to it being so windswept, you end up with a bobble bath.

(Hesketh, near Southport, was always a fun trip early in the season as well for similar ankle-jarring reasons).

Stanley have Ipswich at home tomorrow at the Crown Ground......I hope they bring their wellies......

50 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Match of the day will sum up our chances by just getting Alan Shearer to do a loud fart.

Could be wrong but I’m fairly sure he already did that after the Watford game.

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Could be wrong but I’m fairly sure he already did that after the Watford game.

Could be wrong but the fart is the most astute analysis  he does. 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Stanley have Ipswich at home tomorrow at the Crown Ground......I hope they bring their wellies......

Hah, this is Accrington, they'll make bricks out of it!

17 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Norwich at Burnley and Ipswich at Accrington on the same day? Who thought that one up?

18 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Norwich at Burnley and Ipswich at Accrington on the same day? Who thought that one up?

Only 8+ miles separation between the grounds....You could smell the bins if the wind's in the right direction..... 

Does have a fairly comfortable 2-0 home win written all over it sadly. More of the same I expect, some positives but just not quite good enough.

I see the match being abandoned as somebody in a bi-plane tries to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Springbok tour of New Zealand by flour-bombing the pitch from the air. Then Delia & Wynnie get in on the act by streaking across the pitch - both of them completely in the buff. The ref shakes his head, says he's seen enough for one day and takes the players off. Match abandoned after VAR showed Wynnie in an offside position when he caught a bag of flour out of the air whilst buffing it to the goal line.

13 hours ago, East Rider said:

Taking off the green and yellow specs, how do you honestly see it going against Burnley tomorrow? 

After their hard earned 2-2 draw at Leicester I can only imagine Sean Dyche will be rubbing his hands in glee in anticipation for us to turn up. I would describe myself as a generally Percy positive type however, having been present at most games this season including against a depleted Everton, I'm struggling to see us being able to get a foot hold in one of the toughest and more physical matches of the season. This has misery written all over it. 

Heart says 1-1

Head says 2-0 Burnley ......................................... (if we defend well)

Thank god it will only be Brighton at CR afterwards.....

The superb away support deserve a result and performance, and if it was on fan effort alone we would top this league.

Watford was the first nail in the coffin, if we lose tomorrow we could well need 3 wins just to catch the team above us.

Lose tomorrow and we are already relegated, shambles

9 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Watford was the first nail in the coffin, if we lose tomorrow we could well need 3 wins just to catch the team above us.

Lose tomorrow and we are already relegated, shambles

I think we're relegated already.

We are already relegated.

Routine home win. 

High press, stronger, less mistakes, getting crosses in, and easy headed goals. 

To win tomorrow we need to defend solidly for 90 minutes without any silly mistakes, get a grip on midfield and feed Pukki with the service he needs. It's asking a lot on current form. 

2-1 to Burnley. But at least we will score!

Both Burnley goals will come from routine crosses into the box. Despite us outnumbering them in defence, they will score twice from headers. Plus ça change.

On 01/10/2021 at 10:56, Son Ova Gunn said:

Burnley has 0-0 written all over it and we will have a week talking about green shoots 

Will just leave that there 🙂

• Like 1