Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Be honest. How do you see it panning out against Burnley?

5-0 Norwich. We play all round those oversized donkeys, like a Pep-era Barcelona against a team of Carlton Palmers. 97 touches per goal, where we only score because the moment has come to finally put the icing on the cake and we are bored of this passage of play.

Its a certainty, I'd bet my house on it. 

Or Burnley will win 2-0 through crap marking and us not really getting out of our half. 

It could also be this.

• Haha 1

2-1 Norwich win tomorrow. Burnley are sh!te, Tzolis will terrorise their defence, Pukki will score 2, and they’ll score a header from a set piece (never been more certain of anything than I am about that last point).

We need to play our physically strongest team. Hope that Sargent and Norman are fit and start. Not a game for Gilmour to start. Even thenBurnley have out muscled and bullied us in the recent encounters and, while my heart wants to believe we can pull off a win, my head says it will go the same way as previous encounters and they will hump high long balls in and they will just physically bundle it in. Maybe 3 at the back might be the best order of the day.

I really hope I’m wrong but this was always going to be difficult. Burnley are exactly the sort of team we do badly against. But I shall still be supporting our team however bleak it gets. It’s what we do.

It hard to forecast a result without seeing the team sheet. No changes in midfield would mean a defeat. Error free display with beefed up midfield then draw/poss win by odd goal. Sargent to score winner.👍

Hope we win, But if we play like we have done for last 5 games then no chance. Sorry

We will start brightly but struggle against the physicality to turn possession into chances. We will then concede a needless goal from a set piece in a moment of truly awful defending. We will then rally and look like we could get something out of the game - Pukki will put one agonisingly wide, only for them to add a second, in near identical circumstances. Farke will then throw on the subs- far too late- and we will concede a third and maybe fourth soft goal. 

An awful scrappy and uneventful game played in a rainy, torrid turf and windswept ground....It's one nil to City with us scoring in the 89th minute with a fluky wobbly miss hit strike from Kenny Mac - which deflects off Sargent's knee and wallops against their crossbar and in off the opposition keeper's backside.....At full time our squad celebrate like we've just won the Champion's League final.....As the lads victoriously bounce down the tunnel all celebrating and a back slapping each other, a little old grey haired moustached boy appears in a flat cap and grey mackintosh and is stood by the tunnel entrance...

The little old boy says in a broad Lancashire accent to the jubilant and broad smiling off-going Daniel...."Tha do knows this is Accrington Stanley an' it's our under 16's reserve side thars just beaten don't tha?"...."Turf Moor an' Burnley is abaht 7 mile north east darn t' road"...... 

• Like 1

Been said 100 times but no chance of matching up physically. Must play 3 at the back to cover their big forwards or every cross is going to be torture. Of course, we do have the quality and pace to hurt on the break, they are at home and shouldn't be sitting too deep. It's one we have a chance in, but will be similar to Watford, a goal either way could change the whole complexion of the game.

1-0  - Pukki 30 mins, Giannoulis cross knocked down by PLM, scramble in the box.

Burnley miss penalty awarded by VAR in 94th minute as Placheta had his headphones in the wrong way round on the bench.

Edited by Thumbbass

I think we will get a point. May Sneak 3. Get the points on the board then go into international break and hit the reset button and go another few pointless games. Burnley are a physical side so hopefully we can out football them. They're mugs. I feel 4231 will be required tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

Taking off the green and yellow specs, how do you honestly see it going against Burnley tomorrow?

Think we'll put in a decent performance but if we actually look like getting anything out of the game then the ref will let Burnley kick us to pieces or VAR will hand them yet another dodgy decision, i.e. another standard EPL outing which we lose.

Will literally be like men against boys tomorrow. They will absolutely bully us all over the pitch. Burnley's most comfortable win of the season. 3-0.

All the best. Keith.

Couple of Burnley headers from corners. Lots of Norwich possession in our half but no penetration. Walk in the park 2-0 victory for Burnley. Some muted muttering from the away fans. A similar sort of outcome to that of Everton. No chance of us scoring.

49 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

We will start brightly but struggle against the physicality to turn possession into chances. We will then concede a needless goal from a set piece in a moment of truly awful defending. We will then rally and look like we could get something out of the game - Pukki will put one agonisingly wide, only for them to add a second, in near identical circumstances. Farke will then throw on the subs- far too late- and we will concede a third and maybe fourth soft goal. 

Pretty much this except I'll go with the very popular forecast for a 2-0 defeat rather than three or four.

It would be so nice to be wrong but Burnley seem to have had our number for years.

Well I can't see this match being first On MOTD, they probably won't even bother to show it.

Think I'm right on saying Burnley haven't won at home for 15 matches, so I can't see anything other than a comfortable away win.

• Haha 1

No doubt Burnley will be physical in their approach it always is.  Need to keep 3 at back but with the most physical midfield we can put out to begin with Normann, Maclean, Rupp and Lees Melou.  No Normann forget any possibility of points.  If we can go ahead unlikely I know but by holding out for a reasonable time Burnley will just go longer and maybe the defence can hold out.

Maybe wishful thinking but just have a feeling we can win this.  Expect Burnley win most likely  

We go 1 up first half, Burnley get a lucky to take it to 1-1 before halftime.  We then go 2-1 up 15-20 mins into second half, and then **** our pants thoroughly for the final 10 minutes of the game.

Anyone wondering how an earth can we hold onto a 1 goal lead in a game at the moment, that's my fear - getting through the final minutes in a game to take those points home is another step that we have yet to take, let alone taking the lead.

But I'm feeling confident... I think we nick a third in the 89th and ram it down their throats!   CTID!!!  COOOOMMEEEE ONNNN!!!

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

0-0. We cut out the defensive errors but offer nothing up front, a stinker of a game but a necessary one to kickstart our season. 

Would absolutely bite your hand off for this outcome.

Burnley playing a bit better than their results suggest but don’t score that many snd have faded quite badly second half in most of their matches. Important we stay in it and don’t get hit by an early blitz. I think we can win this if we are just a bit more positive and avoid the defensive errors. Big if though. 

• Like 1

Whatever has happened to "hope I'm wrong"?

City win 2-1 with goals from Normann and Kabak.

Hope I'm right.

Burnley's goal is a header from Wood. Vydra is in an offside position whilst stood on Krul's toes as the header sails past. It goes to VAR who rule that Vydra wasn't interfering...

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Vydra is in an offside position whilst stood on Krul's toes as the header sails past. It goes to VAR who rule that Vydra wasn't interfering...

It's not funny, but you got to laugh how we all suffering with VAR PTSD lool.  *Swings arms like a loon*

Does anyone think it's realistic we could go the whole season without winning a game and really stinking the league out? If we go down we should go down properly! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

An awful scrappy and uneventful game played in a rainy, torrid turf and windswept ground....It's one nil to City with us scoring in the 89th minute with a fluky wobbly miss hit strike from Kenny Mac - which deflects off Sargent's knee and wallops against their crossbar and in off the opposition keeper's backside.....At full time our squad celebrate like we've just won the Champion's League final.....As the lads victoriously bounce down the tunnel all celebrating and a back slapping each other, a little old grey haired moustached boy appears in a flat cap and grey mackintosh and is stood by the tunnel entrance...

The little old boy says in a broad Lancashire accent to the jubilant and broad smiling off-going Daniel...."Tha do knows this is Accrington Stanley an' it's our under 16's reserve side thars just beaten don't tha?"...."Turf Moor an' Burnley is abaht 7 mile north east darn t' road"...... 

Mate, you've clearly not played at Accrington. 😉

Could tell that when you mentioned the word "turf" combined with "rainy". Only got grass there when it's dry. When it's wet, you just have a mud bath. When it's bone dry, which often happens due to it being so windswept, you end up with a bobble bath.

(Hesketh, near Southport, was always a fun trip early in the season as well for similar ankle-jarring reasons).

Have to go for a Burnley win seeing as ive believed  before season start that we would break  Sundeland's 20 match losing Prem record and still is to early to see a team as a unit all knowing what each other does and having a momentum to get us points as yet...DF says we are improving but feels still a good bit of that still  ahead  of us yet.

Burnley are one of those depressing Prem teams where their sole ambition is survival and they are expert in grinding out results, with a physical approach and a cynical knowledge of how far you can push things.  They'll stay in the Prem for a number of years before the odds catch up with them one season and they'll be relegated, and quite possibly end up like Sunderland etc.

Unfortunately they are the sort of team we find it difficult to defend against and it seems highly likely we'll play well but give them a couple of soft goals and lost 2-0.

Just before 2pm the last glimmer of hope will be extinguished from my heart as the teams are announced and, once again, we'll be playing a 3 man midfield with some new, untried combination of McLean, PLM, Rupp and/or Gilmour.

Without a number 10 Pukki will remain isolated, Rashica will make a number of great runs down the wing before crossing the ball for their keeper to catch or the defenders to head clear. Tzolis will work hard but keep giving the ball away.

The midfield will repeatedly get caught out of position leading to at least one goal from a cross. At least one other goal will come from a set piece. 

We'll have several great periods where we're totally dominant but will fail to take any of our chances while Burnley will score from their first attempt.

At least one of the goals will be a marginal call but ultimately be allowed after VAR decides not to intervene. We'll be penalised for loads of soft fouls but have nothing given our way.

Farke will bemoan us not getting the rub of the green and insist that the players are close to delivering and just need a bit more time. 

Lakey will post something positive about how we're going to finish in the top half and be rightly ridiculed. The usual suspects will be on here calling for Delia to sack herself, her cat and anyone who has ever worked for the club so that the billionaire investors who she's been holding back can takeover the club and get us to our rightful place in the champions league.

Match of the day will sum up our chances by just getting Alan Shearer to do a loud fart.

Probably 2-1 Burnley but you never know. They are the type of squad we often struggle with.

All that I really ask is that Farke try to go back to a 4-2-3-1 that features Aarons, CB, CB, Giannoulis, Normann, McLean, W, CAM, W, and Pukki. I'd suggest Lees-Melou probably for the CAM role given his height. And then probably Rashica for one of the W slots. That's all I've got.

🙃

Cannot see us starting brightly as some say, Burnley will come at us like a runaway train for the first 10-15 mins, like they did last time we played them in the league.  If we can weather it, I see is growing into an even game, but if we concede early I think it will end 2-0. They will together weak links, it was Lewis last time who the fans got onto and he had a shocker.