Greavsy

Recruitment reshuffle

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What happened?

I'm just reflecting back to the time he was getting subbed at Carrow Road, a fan in the City Stand had a go at him for his poor performance and Hughes lost his head, went after the fan and it nearly came to blows.

@TeemuVanBasten getting angry and calling out fans as happy clappers for not getting angry about something that hasn't happened and, for all intents and purposes according to the same article isn't happening, is peak PinkUn.

Backed up by usual suspects liking it because they need an opportunity to bash a decision which would of course be 'Deliars' and we've almost got a full house 😅😅

Just now, Jezzard said:

How is it we owe Neil Adams a living? 

Tell me about it, weren't even above average as a player, was decent right midfielder and could take a penalty 😁

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

@TeemuVanBasten getting angry and calling out fans as happy clappers for not getting angry about something that hasn't happened and, for all intents and purposes according to the same article isn't happening, is peak PinkUn.

Backed up by usual suspects liking it because they need an opportunity to bash a decision which would of course be 'Deliars' and we've almost got a full house

Hi Hogesar, you are the King of the Happy Clappers. 

download.jpg.6c0e16197dc9e78d1697dfc92e685259.jpg

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hi Hogesar, you are the King of the Happy Clappers. 

download.jpg.6c0e16197dc9e78d1697dfc92e685259.jpg

Quite the accolade when you consider the other candidates.

• Haha 1

It's all a bit odd here really isn't it?

All of this "Adams is good but I fear he doesn't have the cut-throat approach"... Do we know that Webber does? What even is a "cut-throat approach"?

In this day an age, isn't it about buttering up agents to help get their players in? Trying to make players feel wanted and needed and part of the "project"? Sure, there is the sales side of things, but the number 1 complaint every time we have sold someone since Pritchard is that they have gone too cheaply... Including the Murphy's at the time, Maddison, Godfrey and of course, Buendia... The only one nobody complains about is Lewis.

Slightly confused... I guess people are applying some odd logic from his time as manager 6 years ago to it all which again, is odd.

Good luck to him. He has been nothing but a success with the youth side of things and the loans. The loans make us money as well as get experience for players that are up and coming. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Backed up by usual suspects liking it because they need an opportunity to bash a decision which would of course be 'Deliars' and we've almost got a full house 😅😅

Some threads are crying out to be resurrected in a year or two's time, and I suspect this will be one of them.🤩

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Some threads are crying out to be resurrected in a year or two's time, and I suspect this will be one of them.🤩

@hogesar just be careful chaps... you could be threatened with legal action for besmirching his upstanding reputation...

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Definitely a contender!

Edited by hogesar

I'm a happy clapper and even I'm not entirely sure about this.

I honestly don't think Adams has remained at Norwich because he's a favourite at the club (see Hucks). He's a competant guy who probably didn't have the edge to survive as manager but in reality he didn't do awfully here at that. Going by his podcast with the club a while back he's clearly on the ball and on board with what the club are doing so perhaps it isn't a surprise he could be groomed for this role.

That being said I didn't fanct Scott as Webber's replacement either.

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm a happy clapper and even I'm not entirely sure about this.

Thats because you're not the f*cking KING, bow to me. 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, curious yellow said:

Omobamidele got into the first team without going on loan. 

The players that are on loan aren't getting enough game time and as a consequence no loaned out player has made it as a  first team regular for 3 years. I'm talking about our loan system and going Omobamidele as an example, last year he was at the same level as Omotoye and behind Martin. 

All that means is Omobamidele developed that quickly without too much first team action that he became an option. It looks like he was a surprise in that regard. If they're not getting into their loan teams too often, then we know they're not at the level we need. That's often the case when you build on youth. At least we give them a clear chance to do so - up to them to take it.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

@hogesar just be careful chaps... you could be threatened with legal action for besmirching his upstanding reputation...

No chicken, that's only for inherently dishonest people like you.

I disagree with Hogesar fairly frequently, but have had no reason to call him a liar.

Stop making things up and we'll get along just fine. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No chicken, that's only for inherently dishonest people like you.

Stop making things up and we'll get along just fine. 

Like Sargent's left foot you mean?

Or you saying you didn't post something when you did. 

11 hours ago, chicken said:

It's all a bit odd here really isn't it?

All of this "Adams is good but I fear he doesn't have the cut-throat approach"... Do we know that Webber does? What even is a "cut-throat approach"?

In this day an age, isn't it about buttering up agents to help get their players in? Trying to make players feel wanted and needed and part of the "project"? Sure, there is the sales side of things, but the number 1 complaint every time we have sold someone since Pritchard is that they have gone too cheaply... Including the Murphy's at the time, Maddison, Godfrey and of course, Buendia... The only one nobody complains about is Lewis.

Slightly confused... I guess people are applying some odd logic from his time as manager 6 years ago to it all which again, is odd.

Good luck to him. He has been nothing but a success with the youth side of things and the loans. The loans make us money as well as get experience for players that are up and coming. 

I think (pretty unfairly) Adams will inevitably seen as a cosy appointment after his ridiculous spell as manager here. 

However you'd imagine to be given this role he's clearly impressed Webber and has shown himself to be more than capable. If he does end up as Sporting Director he deserves a completely clean slate to show what he can do. 

Adams being hyped up by the NCFC spin machine supported by the obedient Pinkin journos.

Are ticket buying supporters going to be taken in by this smokescreen 'project' as well?

Edited by robert choice
wrong glasses again

My take on this is that Webber is off, as stated (but this stock will not be great if we don't turn it round soon) and Adams is the replacement.

If that turns out to be the case, I hope he is massively successful in his new role.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

My take on this is that Webber is off, as stated (but this stock will not be great if we don't turn it round soon) and Adams is the replacement.

If that turns out to be the case, I hope he is massively successful in his new role.

As much as I like Adams, it smacks of a typical Norwich appointment. Webber may want away, but who will want him if we fail again this season? Delia would never sack Webber, especially as she appointed his wife into a role that didn't exist or need to exist at the time. Webber has done a lot of good, but I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is - if he was, he wouldn't be here. 

• Like 1

Sometimes the PinkUn is very much like the anti-vax conspiracy posts you see occasionally shared on Facebook from the guy you're friends with because you vaguely remember him eating rubber eraser's in class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's very clear that Archant's Sport Reporters - and I use that term loosely - have been told to give Norwich City an easy ride as there are some lightweight pieces popping up. Paddy Davitt used to be quite objective, but he's been reigned in. I wouldn't say they've been 'got at' a la Waghorn, but Michael Bailey is much missed, though surely having a better life away from Archant. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, komakino said:

It's very clear that Archant's Sport Reporters - and I use that term loosely - have been told to give Norwich City an easy ride as there are some lightweight pieces popping up. Paddy Davitt used to be quite objective, but he's been reigned in. I wouldn't say they've been 'got at' a la Waghorn, but Michael Bailey is much missed, though surely having a better life away from Archant. 

So you didn't read all of the quite critical articles so far this season then? I think what you mean to say is that they are being objective but not as critical as you want them to be which is entirely different.

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The only two good skills you have are 1)Projecting 2)describing the qualities you have.

There is only one liar in this thread... and it's the one that goes around accusing people of being happy clappers and saying that Josh Sargent doesn't have a left foot. 

I personally doubt Neil Adams is being lined up for the Sporting Director role but I’m sure as hell sure that if that is the case Webber wouldn’t go along with it if he didn’t think it was a good idea...

22 hours ago, hogesar said:

Quite the accolade when you consider the other candidates.

It used to be Nutty Nigel but he's far too quiet these days, must have abdicated the throne.